Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hardware Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Rylie Rich Soccer

Went for a 2TB seagate that was on sale in argos. With the length it takes to download a game there is no chance I will be deleting them!

This one?

I was contemplating the 1TB version, but for the sake of an extra 25 quid, might go for the bigger version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

There's this 3TB one on Amazon for about €98

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

BDJW wrote: »
    This one?

I was contemplating the 1TB version, but for the sake of an extra 25 quid, might go for the bigger version

Thats the one. Can't wait to fill it up with EA access now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

There's this 3TB one on Amazon for about €98

Aside from that being out of stock at the moment, the big advantage of the argos one is that it can be powered from USB rather than necessitating a standalone power supply, as a desktop HDD (like you have linked) would.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Hi lads,

Xbox One just has a black screen, hdmi on the onkyo receiver not being detected. Tried to do the offline update but the eject and bind will not give the 2 start up sounds. Must have tried 100 times.. I did however just buy a new usb key in case it was that..

Am I bunched?

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I had a similar issue last year and I just ended up plugging out the xbox and leaving it until the day after, everything seemed to work fine after that.
    I had been trying a hard reset and all that but it wasnt working out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hi lads,

Xbox One just has a black screen, hdmi on the onkyo receiver not being detected. Tried to do the offline update but the eject and bind will not give the 2 start up sounds. Must have tried 100 times.. I did however just buy a new usb key in case it was that..

Am I bunched?

Many thanks

Have you disconnected any hdds you have attached? Cold boot it and try a direct wired connection. Highly likely its buggered if bind+eject does nothing.

Actually it went to green Xbox loading screen on Saturday and then into the "there was a problem" screen.

Havent been able to get it back since, have no doubt its an update that went wrong.

Annoying about bind and eject though, will give the new usb stick a go on my return. Cheers

Actually it went to green Xbox loading screen on Saturday and then into the "there was a problem" screen.

Havent been able to get it back since, have no doubt its an update that went wrong.

Annoying about bind and eject though, will give the new usb stick a go on my return. Cheers

Did you get a EXXX error code? updates that bust shouldn't stop recovery mode.

Did you get a EXXX error code? updates that bust shouldn't stop recovery mode.

Yes I did...think it was something like 8007000079 , definitely finished with 79 but stupidly didnt write it down as thought I could fix from the next screen.

Have not been able to get Xbox one to handshake with hdmi since. New usb key does not work either.

I reckon its the 99 euro to service it charge... Pain in the arse as I hardly use the thing.

• Advertisement

Yes I did...think it was something like 8007000079 , definitely finished with 79 but stupidly didnt write it down as thought I could fix from the next screen.

Have not been able to get Xbox one to handshake with hdmi since. New usb key does not work either.

I reckon its the 99 euro to service it charge... Pain in the arse as I hardly use the thing.

An Exxx error is hardware, the 8xxxxxxxs are usually live services. Get on to MS support before you spend any money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Apparently there's a script out now that lets you replace the hard drive in your Xbox without any problems when it comes to factory resetting. That means you can go from a 500GB to a 2TB without worrying about having to rerun it all if you need to reset it.

Saw it on Reddit yesterday.

If I've got some spare cash handy at the end of the year, I may upgrade my drive to an SSHD for the extra speed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I never write them down anymore, I just take a quick picture with my phone, as it's always handier than finding a pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote: »

If I've got some spare cash handy at the end of the year, I may upgrade my drive to an SSHD for the extra speed.

You not going to have moved onto the X by then? :eek:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You not going to have moved onto the X by then? :eek:

Well, most likely. Still deciding if I can afford/justify it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It still irks me they didn't put an ssd into the X.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It still irks me they didn't put an ssd into the X.

It's a tricky one. A 512 drive would add another €200 or more onto the price, but it's going to need a 1TB drive at a minimum, other wise you'd only be able to put about 4 games on it, thanks to the 4K assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's a tricky one. A 512 drive would add another €200 or more onto the price, but it's going to need a 1TB drive at a minimum, other wise you'd only be able to put about 4 games on it, thanks to the 4K assets.

It is a 1tb hard drive. It will work faster than a regular HDD so it's more of a hybrid drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Well, most likely. Still deciding if I can afford/justify it.

Sorry, you can't be Mod of the Xbox forum without the latest model ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

F1ngers wrote: »

I have one of each, they both do the job. The first one is not compatible with the Elite controller, but the second one is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Rylie Rich Soccer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JoyPad wrote: »
    I have one of each, they both do the job. The first one is not compatible with the Elite controller, but the second one is.
    BDJW wrote: »
    I have this one, and have been happy with it

Thanks lads, reserved the argos one, can get The Division with it for E6, which CEX will give me the princely sum of E10. Ka-ching...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

There's an xbox controller adaptor on kickstarter. It allows you to use the xbox controller on Nintendo switch and ps4.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/brook-wants-to-enable-players-to-use-the-xbox-one-controller-on-ps4-and-nintendo-switch-with-its-new-kickstarter-for-the-x-one-adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

qrx wrote: »
    There's an xbox controller adaptor on kickstarter. It allows you to use the xbox controller on Nintendo switch and ps4.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/brook-wants-to-enable-players-to-use-the-xbox-one-controller-on-ps4-and-nintendo-switch-with-its-new-kickstarter-for-the-x-one-adapter

Cheap publicity? 5k is the goal for an established company, very low, very achievable, more like a pre sale. I'm a cynic though..
    Anyway, 49$ not a bad price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

erkifino wrote: »
    Cheap publicity? 5k is the goal for an established company, very low, very achievable, more like a pre sale. I'm a cynic though..
    Anyway, 49$ not a bad price.

Yeah more than likely. Maybe they need to gauge interest. It's more the actual device that interests me. Needs to be priced right though. If $49 translates to €49 I'd imagine it will sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has anyone picked up the Turtle beach stealth 700 headset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Read a few reviews. All not great. Buzzing in the left ear cup, etc.
    Funnily enough, the last TB headset i had had buzzing in the ear cup too. Wouldn't buy another TB product.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hardware issue and didn't think it deserved it's own thread. Sorry if in the wrong spot.

My 360, (8yrs old) is approaching EOL. Hard drive is almost at capacity and the noise from the machine/fan/disc tray isn't encouraging.

In the event that it dies and I have to get a new one, is it possible to restore all previous saves/progess/apps, or does it all get wiped?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hardware issue and didn't think it deserved it's own thread. Sorry if in the wrong spot.

My 360, (8yrs old) is approaching EOL. Hard drive is almost at capacity and the noise from the machine/fan/disc tray isn't encouraging.

In the event that it dies and I have to get a new one, is it possible to restore all previous saves/progess/apps, or does it all get wiped?

Move all your saves to the cloud. Any apps or games you bought digitally will be tied to your account.

Advertisement