Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not registered with TC to teach my subject

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jbombon

It is post primary French yes. Although if there was a position in a primary school to teach French I would also consider it, but I do not think French is taught at primary level by teachers registered at post primary level.
    I wish to apologize for the tone of my previous post, I do not want to sound rude at all,but this whole thing is really starting to stress me out a little bit. Since no one wants to hire me for English, and rightly so since I have no experience teaching it, French is pretty much my only career prospect at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

most working language teachers teach two languages so the chances are if you want to apply to sub for a language teacher then they would probably be looking for two languages!

Have you any German/Spanish/Italian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

jbombon wrote: »
    It is post primary French yes. Although if there was a position in a primary school to teach French I would also consider it, but I do not think French is taught at primary level by teachers registered at post primary level.
    I wish to apologize for the tone of my previous post, I do not want to sound rude at all,but this whole thing is really starting to stress me out a little bit. Since no one wants to hire me for English, and rightly so since I have no experience teaching it, French is pretty much my only career prospect at the moment.

Not at all. It's very stressful for everyone. Definitely check in with Maynooth University. Also the open university has French credits you can add on and a lot or its online. UCD has a part time arts course too. Definitely keep applying for jobs and see what happens, you have a teaching council number so are entitled to apply just as anyone else with conditional registration. Some school might be lucky enough to get you as a native French speaker :) even check out the ETB's for teaching evening and or PLC classes too.

Advertisement