Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like UTV HD Ireland tests have begun.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭MBSnr

galtee boy wrote: »
    There are two test channels on Sky, one in HD and one in SD. It will be 116 on Sky, HD if you have the HD pack and in SD if you don't.

116 UTV SD - So they are basing it on HD pack and not a HD box (as RTE2 HD is 102 on a HD box with or without the HD pack). I wonder will UTV HD be further up the EPG as well or a manual tune in....? That's fairly poor if it is 'add channels'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

MBSnr wrote: »
    116 UTV SD - So they are basing it on HD pack and not a HD box (as RTE2 HD is 102 on a HD box with or without the HD pack). I wonder will UTV HD be further up the EPG as well or a manual tune in....? That's fairly poor if it is 'add channels'.

Can't be certain of this until it goes on the EPG, but that would be my guess.

galtee boy wrote: »
    Can't be certain of this until it goes on the EPG, but that would be my guess.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.... A further thought would be that if it was part of the HD pack and not on the EPG, then would it even be viewable under 'other channels' for a non HD pack sub..... Be sticking to ITV HD in that case.

As for TV3's SD 'soft vision' - it should just go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Channel 116 is the highest unused slot on Sky Ireland. It could be put into a higher slot but that mean other channels get bumped down a slot. It could be followed it's HD or SD alter egos. Probably a rake of itv plus channels would fill the empty slots between 116 to 120 on the Sky EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just did a retune on both Saorview, and a free to air box. Cant see anything on either of the EPGs that resembles a test for UTVI. What is the current channel name or is the station encrypted? Currently exclud encrypted stations from the search as it brings up far to many channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just did a retune on both Saorview, and a free to air box. Cant see anything on either of the EPGs that resembles a test for UTVI. What is the current channel name or is the station encrypted? Currently exclud encrypted stations from the search as it brings up far to many channels.

Encrypted when I check earlier today ..... so I guess it is a Sky test not a FTA test

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

UTV Ireland HD now on 116 on Sky

SD : 267

( I have a HD subscription, I'm presuming it's the other way around for those who don't )

UTV Ireland HD now on 116 on Sky

SD : 267
    ( I have a HD subscription, I'm presuming it's the other way around for those who don't )

It is but it you can't view it.. Looks like I'll be sticking to the FTA ITV HD channels when they have duplicate programs on. Seems like they missed a trick here. Surely they could do as RTE2 HD and put the HD version on ch 116 for HD boxes and totally out manoeuvre TV3 cr@p vision? (I guess it's cheaper carriage costs for them or some such to do it only via HD pack).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We might continue all discussion of UTV Ireland here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057324314&page=25

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement