Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Smith's kids are mental

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Joshua J wrote: »
    Smiths kids are into existentialism.

Yeah, that's not really the case.

Not much in existential philosophy about prana energy and little scientists living inside your brain, is there now.

Sure, they're kids. The interesting thing here is the damage done by their dappy parents and their hollywood beliefs, aka tom cruise's church of the spacemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,185 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Who is Will Smith?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

looksee wrote: »
    Who is Will Smith?

Played centre midfield for Barnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

looksee wrote: »
    Who is Will Smith?

Ah here, granda, he's only the fresh prince of xenu.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Honestly, aren't they a bit young to be taking LSD!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Not much in existential philosophy about prana energy and little scientists living inside your brain, is there now.

Sure, they're kids. The interesting thing here is the damage done by their dappy parents and their hollywood beliefs, aka tom cruise's church of the spacemen.

I don't think existentialism has a set philosophy or rules and is open to interpretation. Am not really up on Scientology but you might be taking them too literally. They are kids so maybe give them the benefit of he doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

As far as I know, Scientology believes in treating kids like adults. So basically, no parenting whatsoever. These kids don't go to school and have literally no experience of the real world. Besides obviously having material comforts, they seem pretty neglected to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Because living.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

pedro1234 wrote: »
    So you agree that he can make time go slow or fast? Wow mate.

Time does not exist in objective reality. It exists as a subjective perception. As such it goes fast when say reading a good book but can be said to move slowly when waiting for a bus.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv6i9n_does-time-really-exist-2011_shortfilms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Not much in existential philosophy about prana energy

It's in Juno and the Paycock and the fella who says it is the biggest fraud in the play. Poor kids are brainwashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

They actually sound fucking awesome. I would hang out with them and we would all three of us breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

I wouldn't complain. Their comments are kind of pretentious. But at least they're thinking!!

Unlike many famous children who grow up in the public eye and end up in trouble, these seem like intelligent l'il humans who get to focus on the nicer things in life. And aren't squandering it. If they can adapt a life of celebrity and combine it with well grounded beliefs, why the flip shouldn't they?

And maybe they're right. Why shouldn't they focus on the whimsical sides of life when they have no need to look at the day to day grind? Sure, isn't that the dream?

Their ideas may not be fully developed, but they seem like grand kids.

It will just take some years to see if this style of parenting and growth actually works. But I, for one, see no harm in it and wish them the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,185 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah here, granda, he's only the fresh prince of xenu.

Granda?!! Excuse me, I am 27. And where is xenu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Time does not exist in objective reality. It exists as a subjective perception. As such it goes fast when say reading a good book but can be said to move slowly when waiting for a bus.

Have you ever boiled an egg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Kids talk gobbledeegook shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv6i9n_does-time-really-exist-2011_shortfilms
    Time does exist, it's the 4th dimension (although admittedly there are some people who argue that time exists completely independent from space). As they say, time is relative and subjective perception is based on personal observation. Take lifts for example - did you know that designers stuck in mirrors in lifts to help pass the time. It was found that the time taken to move between floor seemed quicker if there are mirrors in the lift. Of course it takes the same time but it seems different.

Have to say, the interview was not what I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I hate Will Smith and now i hate his kids. To be fair I hated the one he brought on to the Graham Norton show. In fact i think Norton even hated the kid.

I'll probably get up half an hour earlier tomorrow to give me more time to hate Will Smith and his kids...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Christ they're one beating away from a plane and taxi to Bel Air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

I thought it was hilarious. A pair of intelligent witty teenagers were given a list of (very obviously) pre-approved interview questions. They decided to have some fun and completely take the piss and see how far they could run with it.

At least I hope that's what's happened here! I honestly don't think it's serious ... I hope it's not!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I thought it was hilarious. A pair of intelligent witty teenagers were given a list of (very obviously) pre-approved interview questions. They decided to have some fun and completely take the piss and see how far they could run with it.

At least I hope that's what's happened here! I honestly don't think it's serious ... I hope it's not!!

Nope. Scientology b*llocks all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I absolutely shudder to think of the utter bollocks I would have came out with at that age if someone had stuck a microphone in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I wish Jaden would stop talking bollox and build on the rap career of his dad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

So, this is the result of gay parenting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you want a laugh, follow Jayden Smith on Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

now tell us all about the concept of the ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

razorblunt wrote: »
    Christ they're one beating away from a plane and taxi to Bel Air.

They should do the opposite and send them to Philadelphia instead to get some street smarts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I had to change channels when I saw Will and Jayden Smith on the Graham Norton show, they're just too irritatingly over the top. Kids from famous celebrity families tend to often end up in rehab, they don't really have normal childhoods and spend a lot of their lives trying to get out of their parents shadows. Expect to see at least one of the kids descend into a downward spiral into drugs and or booze in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think I can say my reaction to this in a short phrase would be "Who gives a ****!"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If will smith forces his kunt son on us in his future roles like he did for after earth then he's gonna ruin his career. I'd hate to see it happen because I love will smith and he's an excellent actor when he chooses his roles right.

Advertisement