Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a gym?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'm a member at the Kingfisher in Renmore. Never too busy from what I can see. Equipment could do with some maintenance/upgrading, but totally fine for what I do. (rowing/treadmill/bike/free weights) Though, with Leisureland closed, a lot of the schools now use it for swimming. I'm hoping that will abate when Leisureland opens again... Sick of dodging little tykes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Active fitness just down the road from GMIT, with a nice pool, loads of free classes as well in their two studios. I hear they are going to be open 24 hours from January 2015 if you like to work out late.

Good call . They announced that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

what NRG lknocknacarra like ?? is it busy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paddy365

Hi All, I will be moving to Oranmore with my girlfriend in January. We're looking for a really good gym. She used to do crossfit in Tipperary so w want something that will really challenge us. We heard that the warehouse was good and also the Maldron. Do any of you have any comments? I know the Maldron would be handier given our location but we just want o make sure we get our moneys worth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The warehouse have a promotion on at the moment, 3 months for 75 euro. Would be a good way to scope the place out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

If she was into Crossfit she could consider; http://www.frenchvanoli.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Maldron wouldn't have as much equipment (Actually a lot less) than The Warehouse.

But if she's into CF then French Vanoli would be perfect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Maldron wouldn't have as much equipment (Actually a lot less) than The Warehouse.

But if she's into CF then French Vanoli would be perfect.

Make sure she constantly talks about cross fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Make sure she constantly talks about cross fit

And tell her to ignore stupid comments like the above :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paddy365

we decided on the maldron given our location and the classes they offer. French Vanoli looked a little expensive for us tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Was looking at NRG Fitness in knocknacarra. Regarding student membership, their website says, "A valid student ID is required for these gym memberships."

I'm just finished in NUIG but my student ID card has no expiry date. Has anyone on here gotten away with this in NRG or does anyone know if I'll get away with just the card as proof or will they need an addressed letter or anything? Kingfisher in NUIG were pretty stringent on that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sardino

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Was looking at NRG Fitness in knocknacarra. Regarding student membership, their website says, "A valid student ID is required for these gym memberships."

I'm just finished in NUIG but my student ID card has no expiry date. Has anyone on here gotten away with this in NRG or does anyone know if I'll get away with just the card as proof or will they need an addressed letter or anything? Kingfisher in NUIG were pretty stringent on that stuff.

No I did same with a year old one. They just give it a quick glance. Also, ask them is that the best deal they can offer you. They have always throw in an extra month free for anyone I know who asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

I just started classes with RK fitness in Hazel Park, Newcastle last night. Small place but really good circuit type class on Mondays. Calves are sore this morning!
    I'd also recommend NRG gym, both Bohermore and Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CountingClocks

Paddy365 wrote: »
    we decided on the maldron given our location and the classes they offer. French Vanoli looked a little expensive for us tbh.

Yeah I find Maldron pretty good, lots of colleagues are with French Vanoli but they're serious Cross Fitters. The lessons are pretty good in Maldron and always well-attended.

Advertisement