Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 15th November

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Pineau wasn't trying, as the vast majority of the previous season's Grand National winners tend to do on their seasonal re-appearance. About time the stewards cracked down on this.

backed it last nite ew, knew my fate before the race sadly with the drift and shoulve waited so my own fault, just thought 16s looked nice ew at the time
    its a pretty sickening feeling
    think it was 33s on the exhanges

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Looking forward to Golden Doyen here.

Looking forward to Golden Doyen here.

on that also at9/4

think hargam will need to be very good to beat it

how did that win?

what a ride

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ya beauty! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

Ya beauty! :D

Two shockers by Geraghty today

Kings Palace uber impressive.complete natural.if kept fresh wins Rsa

willies in the last for me
    townend over for the one ride,backed heavily so signs look good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Andalucia wrote: »
    Two shockers by Geraghty today

Kings Palace uber impressive.complete natural.if kept fresh wins Rsa

Ludicrous comment. Would be happy to oppose him with at least 5 of the current RSA market

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Ludicrous comment. Would be happy to oppose him with at least 5 of the current RSA market

That's what makes racing fascinating,its as all about opinions. RSA is not often one by the classiest horse in the race but by a grinder who can jump - Kings Palace ticks those boxes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Very Wood will be a tough nut to crack in the RSA.

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    willies in the last for me
    townend over for the one ride,backed heavily so signs look good

not great by townend but wouldnt have beaten that winner who looks very useful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

What a lemon.
    Don't know why I bothered ha. never read these again.

Jesus Sean you'll miss that fiver will you, send me your PP account name ill personally reimburse you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Andalucia wrote: »
    That's what makes racing fascinating,its as all about opinions. RSA is not often one by the classiest horse in the race but by a grinder who can jump - Kings Palace ticks those boxes for me.

He's about as far from a grinder as I can think of! He is a classy horse but, Jesus, he's no grinder. The likes of Very Wood are but KP's main strengths are his jumping and how he travels through races, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bilash 14-1 ew 5.45
    Won a similar race two back . Good value for a place/

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

jimjamcos wrote: »
    He'd have to be seen as a GN horse after that effort!

Too slow for the National these days. Since they changed the fences slow plodders aren't going to win it anymore unless it's a bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Jesus Sean you'll miss that fiver will you, send me your PP account name ill personally reimburse you

how kind of you :D:D
    ah i take my comment back on aidan. he puts in the effort to write up his thoughts on a race and contribute, sorry about that aidan.

im up for the day just about so all good.

Bilash squeezed out of it at the start. Second from last ,no room to wind horse up. Opened up late on,ran on into 2nd at 18-1 .
    Unlucky I feel .

Lamyaa
    Strong Flame 7.45 16-1 ew
    13 lengths behind Dark Wave last time out. A horse who has done well since.
    This is a weak race, can place I feel .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Kings palace is essentially repeating what he did over hurdles last year..will be another flop at the festival.
    Very weak albert Bartlett last season when you see who finished in the top 3.
    RSA will be (if they go over fences) the top 3 in the 3m novice hurdle in punchestown and Apache stronghold if he goes. Before lots of memories wins tomorrow, you could do no harm and back him at a ludicrous price on betfair for the RSA

Pineau wasn't trying, as the vast majority of the previous season's Grand National winners tend to do on their seasonal re-appearance. About time the stewards cracked down on this.

shock horror!
    a familiar old excuse

Race 5 - 3:00pm THE ULTIMA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS HANDICAP HURDLE RACE (CLASS 1) (Listed Race)
    The Stewards held an enquiry into the running and riding of PINEAU DE RE (FR), ridden by Daryl Jacob, and trained by Dr Richard Newland, which was held up in rear and appeared to be tenderly ridden before finishing eleventh beaten 66 lengths. The Stewards interviewed the rider and the trainer. They also received a report from the Veterinary Officer, who confirmed that a post-race examination of the gelding during routine testing failed to reveal any abnormalities, and observations from the Handicapper. The rider stated that his instructions were to drop PINEAU DE RE (FR) in, get him settled and try to creep into the race. He added that the gelding ran keenly for the first circuit and got very tired under his big weight. The trainer confirmed the instructions and added that PINEAU DE RE (FR) is always ridden from behind because he is very keen. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race the Stewards noted their explanations

sure it happens every day of the week no doubt but I miss most of that

• Advertisement

ste2010 wrote: »
    Kings palace is essentially repeating what he did over hurdles last year..will be another flop at the festival.

think you hit the nail on the head there, backed him at chelt myself, wont be doing so again
    I wouldnt want to be on if it turned into a battle which is pretty much what jim said
    could well end up going of close to favouritism for it also after winning a couple more the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

King palace will be bang there if pipe gets a run into him after xmas seeing as he didnt do that for him last season and he ran well for a long way in the albert bartlett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

The Kings palace hype train is officially rolling again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Southfield theatre will win it though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

I was very taken with Champagne West on Friday. My RSA horse at the moment though I suppose there is a chance it could go for the JLT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Kings Palace my stones, serious bang of Grands Crus off him.

Advertisement