Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Ideas

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't think that will work. We've a huge mixed box, lots of old sets merged from across the family. But the kids show no interest in building. Just the minifigs and the build on the box. I think that some kids are just interested in Lego and some aren't. You can't force them to like it.

They have expressed the opinion, that as their own builds don't look, as good as the boxed set. They don't want to do it. I think this is a bit of a cop out though. They just aren't in the mindset to do it.

That said, the stuff you see on the internet, a large part in how good it looks, is played by how colour coordinated it is. That can only be achieved by having a very large (and expensive) collection of bricks to choose from.

For me the attraction was building things I couldn't get. Battleships and Spaceships of my favourite shows. It may have looked terrible but to my eyes they were perfect.

Advertisement