Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€400 gaming pc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Sorry was away yesterday.First thing,have you your monitor connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard output.
    I got a slightly different motherboard I think but it came with a little speaker to attach to the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Traversalan15

Redriddick wrote: »
    Sorry was away yesterday.First thing,have you your monitor connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard output.
    I got a slightly different motherboard I think but it came with a little speaker to attach to the motherboard.

No I didn't do that, the mobo had a HDMI output so I just assumed that would work, I havn't got a VGA cable yet so i'll pick one up later and try that, do you think that will work? even though there is a HDMI and VGA slot on the mobo. The GPU only has a only has a mHDMI thats why I have to get the VGA.

Thanks for the help pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

No I didn't do that, the mobo had a HDMI output so I just assumed that would work, I havn't got a VGA cable yet so i'll pick one up later and try that, do you think that will work? even though there is a HDMI and VGA slot on the mobo.

Thanks for the help pal.

Might just be a silly observation. But you know the way on a TV you have to select the source, like tv, pc, hdmi, etc... Could your monitor have a function like that?

I know it usually jumps to the newly connected source, but not on all TV's. Not sure if any monitors have such a function.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Traversalan15

gooner99 wrote: »
    Might just be a silly observation. But you know the way on a TV you have to select the source, like tv, pc, hdmi, etc... Could your monitor have a function like that?

I know it usually jumps to the newly connected source, but not on all TV's. Not sure if any monitors have such a function.

No because I was connecting it to the tv and It was on HDMI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No I didn't do that, the mobo had a HDMI output so I just assumed that would work, I havn't got a VGA cable yet so i'll pick one up later and try that, do you think that will work? even though there is a HDMI and VGA slot on the mobo. The GPU only has a only has a mHDMI thats why I have to get the VGA.

Thanks for the help pal.

If you have a card installed, the motherboard video will not work. For now, until you get a mini hdmi adaptor, you can remove your video card and then use the motherboards onboard video connectors.

• Advertisement

You can get a mhdmi to HDMI converter.got one for mine and works perfectly.Picture quality with HDMI is gonna be a lot better than VGA!!!

You can get a mhdmi to HDMI converter.got one for mine and works perfectly.Picture quality with HDMI is gonna be a lot better than VGA!!!

Sorry for hijacking this slightly. I have my sons new rig up and running with a vga cable connected via a dvi adaptor. Would I see any advantage in display if I change to a dvi cable?

You would alright.dvi or HDMI is better than VGA!!!

You would alright.dvi or HDMI is better than VGA!!!

Cheers for that.Any idea where I can pick up a good dvi cable at a reasonable price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If it's a decent VGA cable I don't think you would really notice. DVI or HDMI or are preferable but VGA is still OK if it's a good cable.

• Advertisement

If it's a decent VGA cable I don't think you would really notice. DVI or HDMI or are preferable but VGA is still OK if it's a good cable.

Not sure on the quality.It came with a LG monitor.

Advertisement