Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€400 gaming pc

Options
  • 13-11-2014 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm really interested in building my own gaming PC with a budget of €400 , Iv'e seen some user posts already but most are old parts or parts I can't get.

I need some ideas on parts, I basically need everything but the mouse, keyboard, monitor and OS.

I'd like to have a gaming pc that could play new games on med to high settings, I don't know if that's possible with the budget I have but any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

If you are giving a suggestion please don't list parts only available in the US or go by the US price as it's much different here.

Thanks.

Parts i was looking at:

cpu: AMD fx 6300 €104
    psu: EVGA 500w €41
    mobo: gigabyte 970a-ds3p AM3+ €67
    case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 €57
    hardrive: wd 1tb €51

already coming close to the budget and hadn't picked out ram or gpu.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You could be lucky to get a PC for that price, if you're really lucky you might be able to play some games on ultra low settings at that price but possibly not current gen games.

After you buy a monitor, os keyboard and mouse you'll have about €250 left. That would buy you a graphics card good enough for high settings but you'd still need the rest of the PC.

That said I have seen some miracles put together here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Traversalan15

GarIT wrote: »
    You could be lucky to get a PC for that price, if you're really lucky you might be able to play some games on ultra low settings at that price but possibly not current gen games.

After you buy a monitor, os keyboard and mouse you'll have about €250 left. That would buy you a graphics card good enough for high settings but you'd still need the rest of the PC.

That said I have seen some miracles put together here.

I don't need a monitor, keyboard, os or mouse? so maybe an okay chance at building one for the 400?

I don't need a monitor, keyboard, os or mouse? so maybe an okay chance at building one for the 400?

I didn't see the but, sorry. I'm falling asleep. I read it as you did need the monitor etc, it should be just about doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

For €400 you might still be better looking at either the ps4 or the xbox 1.

GarIT wrote: »
    I didn't see the but, sorry. I'm falling asleep. I read it as you did need the monitor etc, it should be just about doable.

Ha no bother lol, well i'll list some parts i was looking at, and maybe tomorrow you could give some suggestions? Im a bit over budget.

• Advertisement

For €400 you might still be better looking at either the ps4 or the xbox 1.

The price to gaming performance would be better on a console but games are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Bull. :)

exd4a76l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Serephucus, thought you had lost your ninja skills. just pipped me to it.
    Nice build.

MRTULES wrote: »
    Nice build.

Where can I get those parts for them prices?

• Advertisement

http://www.hardwareversand.de/
    if you run the parts through this site
    https://geizhals.de/
    you get a slight discount.

MRTULES wrote: »
    Nice build.

Cheers pal, so between the build you showed and the one Serephucus showed, how well do you think they could do playing new games? e.g far cry 4, ghosts, fut15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Both are good but I'd prefer Serephucus posted, lower power and has 8GB of ram (until now 4GB has been OK and still is with a lot of games, but we're reaching the point now where you might as well get 8gb) with some cash to spare to more or less include delivery in the 400.

Either machine would run new games at 1080p med-high depending on the game.
    The price to gaming performance would be better on a console but games are more expensive.

That's not true either. The Xb-one is underpowered, the PS4 is a nice machine but they're nowhere near as powerful as the 360 was relative to when it hit the market in 2005.

A E400 self built machine is more than capable of matching them, and once you've bought a few games you'll have saved a fortune on top of that. You're not settling for a lesser experience on a PC price matching the consoles.

In fact, it can be done for E335 delivered to your very front door. This machine will play new releases at 1080p med-high no problems - on par with the consoles. Future upgrades, on the point, are easily covered by the fact that PC Games are usually half the price of console releases - not to mention you can resell parts of your PC. Want to upgrade the card? You can offset half its cost by selling your old one. These price offsets are not possible with consoles either. So that old adage of PC gaming being too expensive is nonsense really.

base.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Don't forget to add the €10 off orders up to €500 voucher V3LYDFBU7N when prompted. Every little helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

gooner99 wrote: »
    Don't forget to add the €10 off orders up to €500 voucher V3LYDFBU7N when prompted. Every little helps!

Ahhhh sh#t didn't realise you could do that

• Registered Users Posts: 16 expertrhino

hello
    i am looking at this build that Serephucus has givin^^
    i dont know much about building computers but do i need to get a cpu cooler and if so which one with that build (€30 budget for that if possable) and is there anything else i need with that build apart from a os, keyboard, mouse, monitor, Thermal grease and wrist strap to build a full computer?

You don't have to use a cooler with that build (though I'd recommend you do) and you won't need thermal paste, as either a stock cooler, or a third-party one, will usually come with some.

https://www.hardwareversand.de/en/Intel+AMD/52672/Thermalright+True+Spirit+120+Rev.+A+BW.article

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kmp1

hello
    i am looking at this build that Serephucus has givin^^
    i dont know much about building computers but do i need to get a cpu cooler and if so which one with that build (€30 budget for that if possable) and is there anything else i need with that build apart from a os, keyboard, mouse, monitor, Thermal grease and wrist strap to build a full computer?

I could help you build it, I have spare screws, the space, and precision toolkit to make it for you, I'll build it for free so I can get my experience up to help make more sales in my area, I live in Balbriggan if you can bring the parts down if you're close to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Lads,
    I want to build the one Serephucus has listed but the mobo and ram are out of stock.Any alternatives to these???

• Advertisement

Thanks man.
    I see the bloody gpu is not in stock either!!!

I wouldn't mind that too much. Stuff usually comes in stock every couple of days. Here's one that is though:

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/2048+MB/156791/Palit+GF+GTX+750Ti+StormX+OC%2C+2GB+DDR5%2C+with+GeForce+Experience.article

Cheers again man.
    What about the sharkoon vs3 value chrome for a case

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi - would this case be ok to use on Serephucus's build?

Cooler Master CM Storm Elite 130

I like this case for it's size but if anyone had a suggestion for something similiar I would be grateful.

Both are good but I'd prefer Serephucus posted, lower power and has 8GB of ram (until now 4GB has been OK and still is with a lot of games, but we're reaching the point now where you might as well get 8gb) with some cash to spare to more or less include delivery in the 400.

Either machine would run new games at 1080p med-high depending on the game.

That's not true either. The Xb-one is underpowered, the PS4 is a nice machine but they're nowhere near as powerful as the 360 was relative to when it hit the market in 2005.

A E400 self built machine is more than capable of matching them, and once you've bought a few games you'll have saved a fortune on top of that. You're not settling for a lesser experience on a PC price matching the consoles.

In fact, it can be done for E335 delivered to your very front door. This machine will play new releases at 1080p med-high no problems - on par with the consoles. Future upgrades, on the point, are easily covered by the fact that PC Games are usually half the price of console releases - not to mention you can resell parts of your PC. Want to upgrade the card? You can offset half its cost by selling your old one. These price offsets are not possible with consoles either. So that old adage of PC gaming being too expensive is nonsense really.

Do you think I would need a cpu cooler for this build? I have everything ordered now, i'm just wondering will it need any more coolers. I don't intend on overclocking either.

You should be ok.I have ordered much the same as you.The cpu is boxed,so it will come with a cooler.
    Mine was dispatched on Sat so hoping I will have it this week!!!!

Redriddick wrote: »
    You should be ok.I have ordered much the same as you.The cpu is boxed,so it will come with a cooler.
    Mine was dispatched on Sat so hoping I will have it this week!!!!

Have you got yours yet? I ordered around the same time and still haven't received it. I was supposed to get it Thursday but there has been three delays now with ups, iv'e no idea whats going on.

I got mine on THursday and have it all built,just to install windows on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi - would this case be ok to use on Serephucus's build?

Cooler Master CM Storm Elite 130

I like this case for it's size but if anyone had a suggestion for something similiar I would be grateful.

That case is a size m-ITX so you need to get a motherboard that is m-ITX also.

Cheapest m-ITX on HVS.

EDIT: Whoops, might be a bit late to the party :p

• Advertisement

Redriddick wrote: »
    I got mine on THursday and have it all built,just to install windows on it!!

Hey man maybe you can help me, I ran into a bit of trouble with the pc, I put everything together and everything powers on but it won't display on the monitor or boot, I have no speakers to hear the post beep either, any ideas what it could be?

Advertisement