Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm too young for a midlife crisis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Best of luck RQ, enjoy every minute of it and make all that hard work pay off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

The very best of mechanical luck RQ. Have a great race. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

You've done some solid training so go out and make sure you enjoy the day. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Best of luck RQ - let us know how we can track you, I assume you haven't registered under your Boards handle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

You only get to experience your first one once so go out and enjoy the day out. Make sure to take in the finish line experience, it can be a great feeling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

RQ, have a super experience. Take your time going down the finish mat and capture every memory. Will be cheering you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Best of luck in Austria RQ. Enjoy the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Good luck over there, RQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Give it socks kiddo. Don't crash into any archduke cavalcades on the bike. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Good luck RQ. Have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Enjoy your "holiday" M :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Ed Mc

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Good luck!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thanks all. Like an excited 4 year old on Christmas Eve most of this week and wasn't sleeping well. Had an early flight on Thursday morning so feck all sleep on Wednesday night....some Wednesday evening drama before leaving and some delayed trains when we got here followed by some accommodation drama which left us needing to find alternative accommodation at 7pm on Thursday night :eek: luckily a lovely apartment just around the corner from where we were had been cancelled the previous day and off we moved with our refund in tow to a place that was paradise and over 200 euro cheaper :D not what you need after a long day of traveling though!

Off to race briefing now shortly...cool and cloudy here this morning with rain forecast for tomorrow. Hoping the rain holds off till I'm running out of T2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Best of luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Best of luck young lady. Which of your two dozen pair of shoes are you going to run in?? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Very late but best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I keep getting kicked out of IM Austria's website - too much activity?? But swim time was 1:20, and from what I could tell, our gal was moving very well on the bike. Go RQ!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Gonna put in a great bike time by the looks of it. Just over 3hrs at the halfway point. Brilliant!

• Advertisement

6:41 bike. Slowed down towards the end, but maybe she is saving some for the run! Fantastic day for her!

Still running strong less than 10k to go. Looking at well under 13

All done in 12.50 with a 4.35 marathon. Fair feckin play, M!

Respect, babe. You done good!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Well done RQ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Now thats how you do an IM. Congrats, super result:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Massive congrats RQ, absolutely delighted for you :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thanks folks. Can't believe it's all over. Bike was a horrible experience - oddly started cramping at about 20k. Have never cramped on the bike. Bizarre.antway **** it all over now, job done! of course not what I wanted but I'll dissect that when I get home. Shot blocks dumped in a bin half way into the run. Lots of lessons learned today!

Most painful yet most incredible experience ever!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations - savage performance all round :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Well done M.

Advertisement