Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were to die tomorrow, what would be your parting wish?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

That my husband holds his shît together for the sake of our daughter - great man but fecking useless in a crisis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

To go to heaven and live with God. And all my relatives and friends who have died.

My Da died in hospital. I was 15 minutes too late because of traffic. I have never forgiven myself. I hope the roads are clear if i'm dying and my kids are on their way. Or they have a faster car than I had.

You should, because your dad would. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I'd say you're a right laugh at parties.

:D good thread to make that comment. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That they make burgers out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

:)
    That humanity would free itself from its mad invention called god.

All inventions come from humans! Whom God created..
    Live with it, build a bridge and get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

ardle1 wrote: »
    :)

All inventions come from humans! Whom God created..
    Live with it, build a bridge and get over it.

dougal_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

That the rest of my family would give up on the ridiculous promises they made to my dad when he was dying and to not feel any need to dwell too long on my passing, enjoy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

My parting wish would be a barrel of valium and a bottle of brandy. Fúck it, if I'm goin out I'm goin on my terms...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

That I get a chance to wear the brand new pair of runners herself gave me as a present earlier.

The left one has the word 'KING' emblazoned on the back of it and the right one, the word 'LAPIN'.

She got them on the internet and they're the best things ever. I fuckin love em !

Can't wait to put them on and head out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dandy Dandridge

Genuine world peace and happiness for all mankind in harmony with all the creatures of the world and a healthy vibrant atmosphere and environment with love honesty and purity in all of our hearts for the rest of eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

delete my browser history!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I've been planning for years to say on my deathbed "Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast". But will probably end up being something like "Oh crap, that hurts"!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

Into your hands I commend my spirit . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

I had a patient once who was actively dying for 11 days. All of his family had come to see him and he was still holding on. After many discussions with the family we decided that they could bring his dog in to the hospital for a few minutes.

They brought in his dog wrapped in a fleecy blanket, my patient didn't even react as he hadn't to anything in 11 days so we didn't even know if he knew the dog was there or not...

He died 10 minutes after the dog left.

When we laid him out for the family I put the dogs fleecy blanket up around his chest, he was finally at peace.

I met that patients daughter a couple of months ago and she told me that she still has the fleecy blanket on her bed.

Was a great experience to have early on in my career as it taught me a lot

Brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Genuine world peace and happiness for all mankind in harmony with all the creatures of the world and a healthy vibrant atmosphere and environment with love honesty and purity in all of our hearts for the rest of eternity.

Hope you never die :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

That euthanasia is finally legal and they speed up the whole damned process?
    ---
    I would hope my family and friends don't mourn me, but just move on, everyone dies, don't spend what time you have left wishing and missing, accept and be glad that you had/knew them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

My Da died in hospital. I was 15 minutes too late because of traffic. I have never forgiven myself. I hope the roads are clear if i'm dying and my kids are on their way. Or they have a faster car than I had.

I hear that man,similar(ish) situation with my da,still dwell on it more than a decade later. My wish is to donate my organs,my liver is probably not worth a w**k but the rest is in good running order,I carry a card so that will be sorted.Ironically,if i were granted a genie in a bottle type wish I would wish that any person,that ever irked me,however trivial would lead really long dull empty lives,devoid of happiness,and plagued with regret,misfortune and shame.

Advertisement