Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon 1.4 tsi 122 BHP

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

That engine really suits that car. It punches well above its weight. On the hunt for a one at the moment myself. Just keep the wheels to the standard 16s - any bigger and it's just too crashy. Whoever set up the chassis thought sporty = back breaking.

you after the 122 bhp also ?
    Seat, golf, a3 ?

manual or auto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Check this out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

TBi wrote: »
    Check this out

That is the twin charged engine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

mloc123 wrote: »
    That is the twin charged engine.

good clarification, thanks.

To be clear again, im only concerned with the 122 BHP version of this engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have a Passat with the same engine and the 7 speed DSG.

Power is okay, better at low revs and runs out up around 5k. MPG wise... I was getting mid to high 40s into town during the summer, mix of N4 and city streets. Motorway wise I only get high 30s at 120-130kph but does much better at 110kph.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

jca wrote: »
    Take one for a drive rather than coming on here making assumptions that because it's 1.4 it has to bad. People who actually have one of these engines in their car are happy with them.

Why so tetchy? I'm not having a go FFS. I'm just genuinely surprised.

Its clearly a great little unit. Well done VAG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

you after the 122 bhp also ?
    Seat, golf, a3 ?

manual or auto ?

122bhp Leon manual (or a civic we've already viewed). Thing to look for when you're buying - if it doesn't have rear electric windows it's the English spec and misses out on tyre sensors and folding mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

hey thanks, is this the 122 bhp version you have ?

Yes.

Advertisement