Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New jockeys for godolphin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Saeed trains for the richest owner in the history of the sport. last I looked Godolphins list of sires is nothing to sneeze at. as I said if you deploy firepower improperly you'll get poor results.

Look back at the last few years of the fire power he has had compared to O Brien. He has won Group one's with horses such as Colour Vision, Prince Bishop, Hunters Light, Campanologist, Rio De Le Plata etc, whereas AOB has had the likes of Australia, St Nic Abbey, Excelebration, So You Think etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

while good [points for both sides of the arguement you cant say that he cannot train. Thats a stupid comment

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Look back at the last few years of the fire power he has had compared to O Brien. He has won Group one's with horses such as Colour Vision, Prince Bishop, Hunters Light, Campanologist, Rio De Le Plata etc, whereas AOB has had the likes of Australia, St Nic Abbey, Excelebration, So You Think etc.
    Coolmore are not breeders. every horse they have had was purchased at public sale. Godolphin on the other hand breeds about 40 % of their own horses. by logic they have the advantage. but once again as I said before horses mean nothing if you don't deploy them properly. a breeder can breed what he wants while people who buy at the sales buy what others breed.

while good [points for both sides of the arguement you cant say that he cannot train. Thats a stupid comment

In Dubai he is a super trainer for some reason. but the other 8 months of the year he is below average. BELOW AVERAGE. the numbers are there for a reason. He hasn't won a G1 in Europe in 2 years, hasn't won a G2 in Europe in a year.

in Dubai he is a good trainer because in most cases they can select they opposition to be fair to your arguement. but previous to the above dates he has an impresive record so therefore i say the man can train, no question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

In Dubai he is a super trainer for some reason. but the other 8 moths of the year he is below average. BELOW AVERAGE. the numbers are there for a reason. He hasn't won a G1 in Europe in 2 years, hasn't won a G2 in Europe in a year.

I think he is a decent trainer but this is disgraceful with all Saeed has at his disposal.

also take into consideration that saeed is someone who is not allowed to make serious training decisions as his boss is one ( a control freak) who will dicatate what to do with horses and where to run them, Saeed should not be blamed on some poor decision making

in Dubai he is a good trainer because in most cases they can select they opposition to be fair to your arguement. but previous to the above dates he has an impresive record so therefore i say the man can train, no question

In a sport that is highly dependent upon results I can not agree with your assessment. people can go back and recall what he did 15 years ago or 10 years ago but the fact still remains what has he done lately ?

not alot, but my arguement is that he can train, yours is that he cannont train. I base what he has not done down to the fact of lack of firepower and the constraints he works under

also take into consideration that saeed is someone who is not allowed to make serious training decisions as his boss is one ( a control freak) who will dicatate what to do with horses and where to run them, Saeed should not be blamed on some poor decision making

Have you ever met John Magnier ? there is a reason why AOB always says "I'll talk to the lads and decide where we go next" Most powerful men are very domineering. it just so happens that Magnier understands how to deploy his ammunition.

• Advertisement

not alot, but my arguement is that he can train, yours is that he cannont train. I base what he has not done down to the fact of lack of firepower and the constraints he works under

Your argument is based on what he did. Mine is based on what he's currently doing. I'm looking forward you're looking back.

agree with John Magner ( i worked in ballydoyle) statement but he knows what he is talking about compared to sheikh mo.

you have moved the goal posts on your arguement , you have stated he cannot train my arguement is he can train.

pointless debate with you - im off to give the mrs a hump
    cya

agree with John Magner ( i worked in ballydoyle) statement but he knows what he is talking about compared to sheikh mo.

you have moved the goal posts on your arguement , you have stated he cannot train my arguement is he can train.

pointless debate with you - im off to give the mrs a hump
    cya

We will have to agree to disagree. but at the end of next season when he under performs yet again. you will see why I've said the things I have.

NO luck involved? total bull, besides skill and agility everyone knows you need some luck.

Id say even you could train GLB to acheive what he did, my point is that similar to a jockey a trainer should be assessed on what he is training or riding.
    Your point is he cannot train ( typical grandstand jockey/trainer attitude ) where as I have seen results to suggest he can, I also think AOB is a betyter trainer than him for sure but your trying to say he cannot train. Would he still have a job if he could not?

Would you still allow him to train for you if you've spent 20 million pounds on horses in the last two years to only go win less in G1 races ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would you still allow him to train for you if you've spent 20 million pounds on horses in the last two years to only go win less in G1 races ?

Money doesn't necessarily mean that you will get good horses, Coolmore paid 16 million for a horse that never even won a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

I see Godolphin have purchased the Dubawi half brother to Australia .
    Must have cost a fortune.
    Oujia Board just keeps giving .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Anyone thinking Aidan has the easiest training job in Ireland is a foolish man. There probably will never be a trainer under as much pressure as him. If he had 5 gr.1 winners in a season it would be considered disappointing. Owners except Guineas, Derbies and 2 year old gr.1 winners, he is the only trainer in the UK or IRL where it is expected as opposed to wished for. Godolphin clearly don't expect it despite all of their wealth given their horrendous results.

The fact is the results do not lie. How many outstanding looking prospects have gone to Godolphin and never done a thing? The amount of them you see it happen to cannot be a coincidence. Something very wrong in their operation

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Money doesn't necessarily mean that you will get good horses, Coolmore paid 16 million for a horse that never even won a race.

True it doesn't. BUT Godolphn has been buying horses from every sire possible in the past 2 years and all of them have failed. Sea the stars,War front, Mdo,Dubawi, Lonhro and many others. its impossible for every horse they buy to be god awaful

Pinesky wrote: »
    I see Godolphin have purchased the Dubawi half brother to Australia .
    Must have cost a fortune.
    Oujia Board just keeps giving .

Lord Darby decided to make the sale privet because he knew Coolmore wouldn't be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Lord Darby decided to make the sale privet because he knew Coolmore wouldn't be interested

How do you know they would not be interested... they have bought exceed and excel , bernardini colts etc in private sales over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

more likely SM wanted to prempt an auction and made him an offer he couldnt refuse.

How do you know they would not be interested... they have bought exceed and excel , bernardini colts etc in private sales over the last few years.

A DUBAWI half-brother to dual Derby winner Australia has been purchased by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation in a private sale from Stanley House Stud.

The commercial stallion policy of Coolmore means the yearling colt, being the product of a Darley stallion, would not have been considered to train alongside his illustrious sibling at Ballydoyle should he have passed through the sales ring this year.

However, it seems significant Sheikh Mohammed has acted so swiftly to acquire the son of outstanding racemare Ouija Board, whose Group 1 victories included a seven-length romp in the Oaks and two wins at the Breeders' Cup. Ouija Board, a Lord Derby homebred and the flagbearer

for Stanley House, shot to prominence as a high-quality broodmare thanks to the exploits of Australia, while her profile was enhanced further when Our Voodoo Prince landed the Group 3 Easter Cup at Caulfield in April. Sheikh Mohammed will be hoping his most recent acquisition is another success story for Dubawi, who continues to figure prominently among the top European stallions. Peter Stanley, Lord Derby's brother, believes the colt has the physical attributes to make his mark.

He said: "I can confirm the yearling half-brother to Australia by Dubawi has been sold privately to Darley Stud Management.

"He's a quality horse and a different type to Australia, but that's no surprise as Ouija Board hasn't been stamping her stock. Dubawi looks like being a sensation as a stallion and we wish Sheikh Mohammed all the best with the colt."

On whether the colt would have been sold at Tattersalls in October, he added: "We hadn't totally made our minds up but it would have been a commercially sensible decision to sell as Australia has just won two Derbys."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/darley-swoop-to-buy-australias-half-brother/1690883/#newsArchiveTabs=last7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

A DUBAWI half-brother to dual Derby winner Australia has been purchased by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation in a private sale from Stanley House Stud.

The commercial stallion policy of Coolmore means the yearling colt, being the product of a Darley stallion, would not have been considered to train alongside his illustrious sibling at Ballydoyle should he have passed through the sales ring this year.

However, it seems significant Sheikh Mohammed has acted so swiftly to acquire the son of outstanding racemare Ouija Board, whose Group 1 victories included a seven-length romp in the Oaks and two wins at the Breeders' Cup. Ouija Board, a Lord Derby homebred and the flagbearer

for Stanley House, shot to prominence as a high-quality broodmare thanks to the exploits of Australia, while her profile was enhanced further when Our Voodoo Prince landed the Group 3 Easter Cup at Caulfield in April. Sheikh Mohammed will be hoping his most recent acquisition is another success story for Dubawi, who continues to figure prominently among the top European stallions. Peter Stanley, Lord Derby's brother, believes the colt has the physical attributes to make his mark.

He said: "I can confirm the yearling half-brother to Australia by Dubawi has been sold privately to Darley Stud Management.

"He's a quality horse and a different type to Australia, but that's no surprise as Ouija Board hasn't been stamping her stock. Dubawi looks like being a sensation as a stallion and we wish Sheikh Mohammed all the best with the colt."

On whether the colt would have been sold at Tattersalls in October, he added: "We hadn't totally made our minds up but it would have been a commercially sensible decision to sell as Australia has just won two Derbys."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/darley-swoop-to-buy-australias-half-brother/1690883/#newsArchiveTabs=last7

Yeah, i read that this morning also. Coolmore do buy darley sired horses privately as do darley buy coolmore . for example
    http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/intraday_single.cfm?type=sales&alertID=900

Yeah, i read that this morning also. Coolmore do buy darley sired horses privately as do darley buy coolmore . for example
    http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/intraday_single.cfm?type=sales&alertID=900

That horse turned out to flop. his name was the Warrior

Advertisement