Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Trafic limp mode

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Is that the sensor by air filter box

Yep 160 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

I Plugged into galwaydude18's Renault Trafic this morning and the ecu had logged...

DF569 - Turbocharging circuit
    - Turbo Boost Pressure Low
    - Intermittent

We cleared the fault and viewed live data Turbo boost pressure reference versus actual boost pressure,
    As you can see from the graphs the actual pressure was around 1 bar below the ref value in the first two screenshots but after a mile or so it balanced out and the van had full power.
    The last screenshot was airflow versus turbo boost pressure which looked o.k.

When we got back there was no low boost fault (DF569) present...Saying that it went into limp when he left my place.

To me it could be...
    1)Turbo Pressure sensor (as Turbo control solenoid was already swapped out)
    2)Aiflow meter not always giving the correct airflow into engine or a leak after the airflow meter.
    3)Intermittant Sticking vanes in the turbo

It been an intermittant fault (which are always the most difficult faults to solve) if any of you Renault/Opel/Nissan Experts out there have came across this problem on the 2.0 M9R 780 engine then we'd like to hear form Ye..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Yep 160 euro

Does the air flow Meter need replacing as well then along with that sensor?

Does the air flow Meter need replacing as well then along with that sensor?

The airbox one is the maf, the one at the side is the turbo pressure sensor.

The airbox one is the maf, the one at the side is the turbo pressure sensor.

So do I need to replace that and the sensor?

• Advertisement

The boost solenoid has been done?

Disconnect the maf and see if it stays the same or worse

The boost solenoid has been done?

Disconnect the maf and see if it stays the same or worse

Ok I will try that. To be sure I'm correct if I'm standing in front of the van looking at the air filter box the maf is on the right hand side of it with a sensor that can be disconected and also the whole thing can be removed if I undo the metal band around it?

Ya the boost solinoid was swapped for another one out of another van.

Ya right hand side. Just disconnect the wires

Ya right hand side. Just disconnect the wires

Thats great. I'll get the mechanic to try it and see how that goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Row

Looking at the graphing of the airflow, minimum value shows 29kg/h which seems low. Is this at idle with the egr open?

I would expect to see almost double that at idle with no boost and no egr, assuming my calculations are correct.(I had to convert from kg/h to mg/s) I dont know why manufacturers dont stick to one flow scale all seem to differ.

Looking at the boost graph it looks to be struggling to reach the target value. I am not familar with the 2.0 litre but the 1.9 could break the shaft between the turbo fans. I'd be having a look at it anyway just to elimiate it. Can you activate the turbo control rod with the scantool, may be sticking.

• Advertisement

dieselbug wrote: »
    Row

Looking at the graphing of the airflow, minimum value shows 29kg/h which seems low. Is this at idle with the egr open?

I would expect to see almost double that at idle with no boost and no egr, assuming my calculations are correct.(I had to convert from kg/h to mg/s) I dont know why manufacturers dont stick to one flow scale all seem to differ.

Looking at the boost graph it looks to be struggling to reach the target value. I am not familar with the 2.0 litre but the 1.9 could break the shaft between the turbo fans. I'd be having a look at it anyway just to elimiate it. Can you activate the turbo control rod with the scantool, may be sticking.

I'm not sure if its with the egr open. Row setup the charts that you can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

dieselbug wrote: »
    Row

If i remember correctly the 29kg/h was recored when we were coming to the end of our journey with boost coming back to near atmosphere pressure and egr was probably opening alittle (didnt record egr parameters)

I would imagine if the airflow was drifting away from its ref value then it would also flag an airflow coherence fault.

Was talking to a mechanic today that services alot of the Eircom Trafics and he said if it logged a "low turbo boost fault" then its usually the Airflow meter thats at fault....:)

@galwaydude18...If you find that a new airflow meter does solve the problem then it would be curious to take readings of the new maf versus the old maf.
    Best of luck with it..;)

Well everyone I put a new genuine air flow Meyer in and the van is running perfect again. I was in Dublin and back today and it went like a train. Loads of power :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

018 Upstream oxygen sensor fault - replace the MAf .

:) Usually that or the egr. Very common on the traffics.

Advertisement