Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

djPSB wrote: »
    Are Aguero and Costa must haves?

It's difficult to afford both and have Sanchez also.

I'm going without Costa for now. It allows me to have Aguero, Sanchez and Baines so hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero is 100% fit and a must. I'll be looking to get Costa back in, but the 4 yellows is putting me off for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

IF you don't have them now, then i'd say it is difficult to get them, you need to downgrade your defence or play 3 in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,898 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is the ultimate bankweek, unless you've things you really need to fix in your team, the way the fixtures are, there is no obvious ones that you need to bring in, and Southampton players are likely to make an exit after this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Austin has leapt to the top of the Welbeck replacement list. Would expect him to rise over the international break so he could be £6m by the time GW12 kicks off. His fixtures until Christmas are decent for the most part:

Newcastle (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Burnley (H)
    Everton (A)
    West Brom (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Swansea (H)

As I said earlier in this thread, or maybe it was on the gameweek thread, players around Austin's price point are inconsistent.

The whole trick is knowing when to get them in and when to move them on for the next mid priced striker that comes into form.

• Advertisement

I have a front seven of ADM, Fab, Sanchez, Siggy, Costa, Aguero and Pelle.

I find it quite easy to have Costa and Aguero.

My back six is Forster, Moore, Dummett, Wisdom, Chambers and Naylor.

If be happy enough to downgrade Forster to Krul or Guzan if I need to free up cash. I could also change Pelle to Austin or Sakho.

Regarding qpr and Austin - of the games I've seen qpr playing well Zamora has had really good games - the thing is can he play 3/4/5 full games in a row - he was a handful today - him and Austin play well together

• Registered Users Posts: 32,898 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    As I said earlier in this thread, or maybe it was on the gameweek thread, players around Austin's price point are inconsistent.

The whole trick is knowing when to get them in and when to move them on for the next mid priced striker that comes into form.
    Unfortunately, aswell as being inconsistent, they're also terribly unpredictable, Sakho looked a great option today, 2 points, Austin didn't look half as promising, 8 points and could have had a hatful. He'll probably blank when the good fixtures come around too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hard to tell what side of the fence your on there?
    Sounds like you don't think it's a runner?

PARlance wrote: »

The thing with Austin, say you buy him and he doesn't score for 2 GW's - you'll probably drop him, but he could turn up two GW's after you drop him and score a brace or more.

Sakho and Berahino were scoring for fun, but if they got 2 GW's without scoring most will get rid of them, not so long ago Ulloa/Nasmith were said to be hot property - they haven't done much recently.

Bojan could turn around and start scoring goals.

As others said they are very inconsistent and unless you get them right when they are hot, or are prepared to keep for long periods - maybe best to stay clear.

• Advertisement

I'm on the side of the fence where I have Pelle and, while not outstanding of late, he's still ticking over. I won't be moving him on until that stops.

When I do, Austin is certainly a contender but I don't expect any striker less than 8 million to ever be consistent. As I said, it's about knowing when to bring them and when to ship them.

Ace makes a great point above about Ulloa and Naismith. It's not so long ago that they were flavour of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hoping to bank it. Have a couple of concerns at the back in Moore and Hutton though.

Hutton should be back after the internationals and should hopefully come back into the team.

I need a 4 mil defender to replace Moore. I have 4.1 mil and already have Wisdom and Dummett. Any recommendations?

My other two defenders are Chambers and Naylor and keeper is Forster.

I also need to sort Moore though, I've also got only 4.1 and was looking at Yun or S Taylor. Both need a bit of research as to whether or how long their places are secure. Anyone know the story?

Who is S Taylor covering for and is there a chance he'll keep the place? I know he's a FB but will Yun lose out in a reshuffle when Rio returns?

If Moore not dropping too much price wise I may bank and do two FTs next week moving out Clyne or Forster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm on the side of the fence where I have Pelle and, while not outstanding of late, he's still ticking over. I won't be moving him on until that stops.

When I do, Austin is certainly a contender but I don't expect any striker less than 8 million to ever be consistent. As I said, it's about knowing when to bring them and when to ship them.

Ace makes a great point above about Ulloa and Naismith. It's not so long ago that they were flavour of the month.

Completely agree with Ace on that. And I'm not really (nor usually) a fan of cheap strikers for that reason. Usually they become flavour and are gone before there's a chance to really consider them.

What I don't really see is why Austin is being dismissed for consideration.
    Many will be looking to offload Pelle in the coming weeks, Welbeck also highly owned and becoming a frustration.
    Austin certainly would be a consideration for me. Would I prefer a mid price mid and Pelle or a Premium mid & Austin for the next month. The latter as it stands.

I've already mentioned that QPR have really impressed me despite losing against Liv, Che, City, that goes in his favour, they are starting to play as a team.
    As does his fixtures, I don't think the next few could be much better.
    And I would weigh confidence highly when I'm looking at a cheap striker. He'll be chomping to get playing again after his display today.

Unlike last season there isn't the same core of season keepers emerging, not just yet anyway, I'm sure it'll come. But until then I think it's all about using judgement to get as many players with form and/or fixtures into your team.
    Austin ticks both those boxes for me.
    He may flop, but so may most.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Hutton should be back after the internationals and should hopefully come back into the team.

I also need to sort Moore though, I've also got only 4.1 and was looking at Yun or S Taylor. Both need a bit of research as to whether or how long their places are secure. Anyone know the story?

Who is S Taylor covering for and is there a chance he'll keep the place? I know he's a FB but will Yun lose out in a reshuffle when Rio returns?

If Moore not dropping too much price wise I may bank and do two FTs next week moving out Clyne or Forster.
    Taylor is in for williamson you would imagine its his place to lose which given time he usually does.

Completely agree with Ace on that. And I'm not really (nor usually) a fan of cheap strikers for that reason. Usually they become flavour and are gone before there's a chance to really consider them.

What I don't really see is why Austin is being dismissed for consideration.
    Many will be looking to offload Pelle in the coming weeks, Welbeck also highly owned and becoming a frustration.
    Austin certainly would be a consideration for me. Would I prefer a mid price mid and Pelle or a Premium mid & Austin for the next month. The latter as it stands.

I've already mentioned that QPR have really impressed me despite losing against Liv, Che, City, that goes in his favour, they are starting to play as a team.
    As does his fixtures, I don't think the next few could be much better.
    And I would weigh confidence highly when I'm looking at a cheap striker. He'll be chomping to get playing again after his display today.

Unlike last season there isn't the same core of season keepers emerging, not just yet anyway, I'm sure it'll come. But until then I think it's all about using judgement to get as many players with form and/or fixtures into your team.
    Austin ticks both those boxes for me.
    He may flop, but so may most.
    Ill be doing pelle to austin or ings in 2 gws time. Going to use the money to upgrade my defence and my cheap mid marney to give me 8 attacking players that Im happy with for the busy dec period.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

thinking a straight low-priced striker swap - Berahinho to Austin. Great run of fixtures coming up for him and after watching him play today, I really like the style of him. Getting into the box every chance he gets and the runs he's making.... Once he keeps getting the service, he's going to keep scoring!

The 2 disallowed goals he had today were pure quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Does Austin take penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Austin broke my heart at the start of the season. Blanked. Missed a penalty. Got Injured. In the first 3 2 games I believe. Then I sold him and he scored before I latched onto Pelle and never looked back :)

I've got a lot of time for him but like any of the options in that price range they could blank at any time. Will QPR continue the rate of scoring they have done? Same goes for West Ham and Sakho. It'll be no different to owning Lukaku really. Could have a few fantastic returns but don't get upset if they go a week or 2 without doing anything.

That's my take.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yes, himself and Barton are the designated takers.

yes missed one first game for poor mr prodston. I cant remember my friends kids names but I can remember that :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

yes missed one first game for poor mr prodston. I cant remember my friends kids names but I can remember that :eek:

I also remember....

To be fair I kicked up an almighty stink about that for days and weeks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think that belongs in the "signs you're an FPL addict" thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

naismith for austin or kane, hopefully kane will get a chance tomorrow, soldado has been given enough time.

naismith for austin or kane, hopefully kane will get a chance tomorrow, soldado has been given enough time.

If anyone should be dropped it's ade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

After watching match of the day will be transferring Austin in, could have scored 6 in that game, depends on welbeck now whether it is him or Pelle out

FHFC wrote: »

I have Dummett from Newcastle already so I'll go with Yun. I do hope to bank and make the move after the next GW to ensure he keeps his place when Ferdinand returns. You never know what shifting Harry will do. I think he even had Clint Hill playing out on the wing I read.

FWIW, I do think Moore will regain his place but Leicester aren't doing as well defensively as I thought they would.

I have Dummett from Newcastle already so I'll go with Yun. I do hope to bank and make the move after the next GW to ensure he keeps his place when Ferdinand returns. You never know what shifting Harry will do. I think he even had Clint Hill playing out on the wing I read.

FWIW, I do think Moore will regain his place but Leicester aren't doing as well defensively as I thought they would.

I read upson is back in training for leicester aswell. Ill be doing moore to either trippier, naughton or Collins as leicester dont seem capable of keeping a CS.

I read upson is back in training for leicester aswell. Ill be doing moore to either trippier, naughton or Collins as leicester dont seem capable of keeping a CS.

In fairness to Moore, I've only played him twice and he did keep a CS on one of those occasions.

Like you, my only way of freeing up cash is to downgrade Siggy or Pelle.

I'm in no rush to make any move and hopefully nothing today will change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

sword1 wrote: »
    After watching match of the day will be transferring Austin in, could have scored 6 in that game, depends on welbeck now whether it is him or Pelle out

Welbeck may see less game time now with Walcott and Giroud returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I thought Giroud was out till January. How did he make such a quick comeback?

Advertisement