Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ye I have Aguero he will be my capt for the next few weeks. Have to decide if it's worth a 4 pt hit to get costa back considering I won't be captaining him the fact he is on 4 yellows and the chance he won't play the 3 league games in a week. I took costa out for rooney last gw in hindsight a really bad move.

I think the value in 10m+ players is always in how often you are likely to captain them without that you are much better off using the money elsewhere. Having said that with Siggy, Chadli, Downing etc proving such good value we do seem to have a fair bit more cash floating around so a couple of luxury players is a lot more affordable now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,031 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    You think Hazard is technically better than Fabregas? I would say more effective but you wouldn't think you'd get much out of him if you stuck him CM and wanted him to play the ball around!

The word technically was never mentioned, technically, there would be a few players better than Ronaldo, they are not better all round players than Ronaldo.

Of course you wouldn't get much from Hazard as a CM and wanted to play the ball around, that isn't his position. Serious case of goalpost moving there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Comparing two players who play different positions and who have vastly different skill sets is nigh on pointless imo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,031 ✭✭✭✭CSF

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Comparing two players who play different positions and who have vastly different skill sets is nigh on pointless imo

I'm inclined to agree

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just to weigh in here (might as well) my own opinion is that Hazard will outscore Fab but I'm not sure he'll do it to a good enough degree to warrant the extra 1 mil.

Fab is scoring a lot better than I expected. Like Yaya last season, he's being consistent each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

And there's an awful lot to be said for consistency.

I've no intention of making the Fab/Haz switch anytime soon. If Hazard hits a patch of consistency, sure. Otherwise nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

rooney with 2 tonight. coming into form seemingly. interesting. already have aguero and costa but is it worth going for another big name with some midfield shuffling?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rooney with 2 tonight. coming into form seemingly. interesting. already have aguero and costa but is it worth going for another big name with some midfield shuffling?

He played midfield for Utd last game

If we knew he was going to playing upfront then he would definitely be an option but we'll more than likely see him playing too deep for him to he an FPL option.

CSF wrote: »
    The word technically was never mentioned, technically, there would be a few players better than Ronaldo, they are not better all round players than Ronaldo.

Of course you wouldn't get much from Hazard as a CM and wanted to play the ball around, that isn't his position. Serious case of goalpost moving there

True! Sure both are class players and are going to likely be in the top 4 or 5 pointscoring mids can't really go wrong with either!

• Advertisement

And there's an awful lot to be said for consistency.

I've no intention of making the Fab/Haz switch anytime soon. If Hazard hits a patch of consistency, sure. Otherwise nope.

Sure the game is all about jumping on players like hazard just as they hit a patch I always seem to get it wrong! Much like Sanchez has just done hazard can easily rack up 10+ a game for a few weeks just have to time it well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Just used my 2 transfers, out De Maria and De Gea for Guzan and Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've taken my second 4 point hit of the season and gone:

Fabregas -> Hazard
    Lloris -> Krul

I've had Fabregas since near the start of the season and he has been ticking over extremely well, however, I have read a number of articles which statistically suggest that Hazard is becoming more and more dangerous and it may well happen that both the amount of touches he is having and the time he is spending in dangerous areas results in an explosion of points sooner rather than later. Obviously there's no guarantees, but I'm doing very well in my private leagues so can afford to take a chance.

I've had a difficult time hitting on a goalkeeper this season. I started with De Gea, moved to Mignolet for Liverpool's nice run and then have had Lloris for the last few weeks. All expensive goalkeepers and all equally disappointing. Newcastle have been in good form lately and have 3 decent fixtures coming up. The move also frees up a bit of cash to boost my squad for the Christmas period or go from say Bertrand to Azpilacueta for Chelsea's good run and when Southampton's fixtures take a turn for the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    I've taken my second 4 point hit of the season and gone:

Fabregas -> Hazard
    Lloris -> Krul

I've had Fabregas since near the start of the season and he has been ticking over extremely well, however, I have read a number of articles which statistically suggest that Hazard is becoming more and more dangerous and it may well happen that both the amount of touches he is having and the time he is spending in dangerous areas results in an explosion of points sooner rather than later. Obviously there's no guarantees, but I'm doing very well in my private leagues so can afford to take a chance.

I've had a difficult time hitting on a goalkeeper this season. I started with De Gea, moved to Mignolet for Liverpool's nice run and then have had Lloris for the last few weeks. All expensive goalkeepers and all equally disappointing. Newcastle have been in good form lately and have 3 decent fixtures coming up. The move also frees up a bit of cash to boost my squad for the Christmas period or go from say Bertrand to Azpilacueta for Chelsea's good run and when Southampton's fixtures take a turn for the worse.

What's your team looking like now Pauly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's your team looking like now Pauly?

Currently have the following mate:

Krul

Baines Bertrand Chambers N.Taylor Wilson

Hazard Sanchez Chadli Sigurdsson Boyd

Aguero Costa Austin

Next steps are to get Betrand replaced by a representative of a team with far better fixtures (Chelsea and West Ham the prime candidates from what I've looked at so far), replace Wilson with similar in mind as Stoke's fixtures are horrendous over the next while, and I'm unsure that Chadli can maintain his current streak given the amount of chances he gets as per the stats so that may also be something to look at for me.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy. Overall ranking of ~ 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭G1032

So if Di Maria is ruled out for the weekend I think I'll sell him. I'll take a minus 8 and bring in Costa for Pelle too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The International break hasn't been kind. My 3 subs are nearly 6 fiit under, Hamer Hutton & Tiote. I've doubts over De Gea, ADM, Fab & Welbeck.

Will wait and hear press conferences but Id say I will be getting Hazard & Costa in at some stage. Will see who is ruled out first. May be forced to wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Good idea Bad idea??

fantasy.jpg

Good idea Bad idea??

fantasy.jpg

I wouldn't be so quick to do the Fab to Hazard transfer.....
    Otherwise looks like a good set of transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

I may now have to consider di maria to hazard. not something I really want to do. prob end up buying him back next week as well!
    can't just rest all my injured players or I'll have about 9 starters with 2 of the defenders likely to get 0 points at most
    I really really need to get my captain right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Just looked at my defence for this week, it made me sad. Really need Baines to play

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Just looked at my defence for this week, it made me sad. Really need Baines to play

How bad is it?

I have:

Duff - Not injured yet
    Wisdom - Going to concede lots of goals
    Baines - possibly injured
    Coloccini - Injured
    Robertson - Dropped

G1032 wrote: »
    How bad is it?

I have:

Duff - Not injured yet
    Wisdom - Going to concede lots of goals
    Baines - possibly injured
    Coloccini - Injured
    Robertson - Dropped
    baines - possibly injured
    Wilson - possibly injured
    Moore - won't start
    widom and n taylor away to city and Chelsea
    tadic - possibly injured
    di maria possibly injured

km79 wrote: »
    baines - possibly injured
    Wilson - possibly injured
    Moore - won't start
    widom and n taylor away to city and Chelsea
    tadic - possibly injured
    di maria possibly injured

Oh I have Di Maria too!! I also have Fabregas!!

I'd say though that Baines and Fab will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I missed the ADM boat. What injury happened there?

My defence is also pretty shocking this week. Not expecting a good score. :pac:

I missed the ADM boat. What injury happened there?

My defence is also pretty shocking this week. Not expecting a good score. :pac:

nani stamped on his ankle
    it's cut and swollen
    in his own words if it does not swell anymore he will play......

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Tadic injured too?! Ah balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Tadic injured too?! Ah balls!

What?! :eek:

What?! :eek:

Tadic Injury

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »

game not till Monday night so hopefully be ok