Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Match-Day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    GW rank just outside the top 100k and I finish the week at 27k. A gain of 28k and end a run of two red arrows. Delighted with that. This time last season I was at 114k.

My 78(-4) brings me to 112k. I'd sign right now for your last year final ranking though ;).

The 8 pts swing between Pellè (C) & Aguero (C) would have brought me up to ~80k though. Ah well rose 66k this week so must be happy with it :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

69 to halt my slide over the past few weeks and bring me up a little from 30k to 27k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a week!

89 points (-4) so a net of 85. The reason for the -4 was to bring Krul in for Mannone. The 6 points for him means I got a net +2 points bringing him in so the gamble paid off!

Have broken into 3 figures too and am now ranked 781st! :D

Screen_Shot_2014_11_09_at_22_44_07.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

one final thought before our 2 week break
    After seeing Montero (?) destroy chambers for 90 minutes what will ADM do to him ?
    ;)

dahat wrote: »
    We as a forum are ranking really high this season. A lot of sub 100k members here.

They used to have an inter-league ranking which showed how well your league was doing compared to others, 'til people started recruiting the high scorers to move their leagues up the rankings. They removed it a few seasons ago, I think.

I moved back into 6k with 74 pts. I just had a look there, and in GW9 I swapped Ulloa for Pelle, and had to drop Sterling to Chadli to fund it. In the three weeks since then:
    Ulloa (5) + Sterling (8) = 13 pts
    Chadli (20) + Pelle (12) = 32 pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My good run continues.

82 (-4) brings me up to 228 overall.

19th in Ireland.

G'wan(ski). :D

SantryRed wrote: »
    What a week!

89 points (-4) so a net of 85. The reason for the -4 was to bring Krul in for Mannone. The 6 points for him means I got a net +2 points bringing him in so the gamble paid off!

Have broken into 3 figures too and am now ranked 781st! :D

Glad it worked for you after the late evening debate we had with busts about the way to see points hit :P.
    km79 wrote: »
    one final thought before our 2 week break
    After seeing Montero (?) destroy chambers for 90 minutes what will ADM do to him ?
    ;)

Shhhhhh... Let them sell and his price plummet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

73 pts,could have been 78,was flipping a coin between Dummett and Taylor of Swansea...it landed on Taylor;(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

89 (-4) up to 6k from 16k and a GW rank of 5k. Delighted!

Life without Sanchez is easy. I don't recall any panic over the weekend at all :pac:

• Advertisement

Life without Sanchez is easy. I don't recall any panic over the weekend at all :pac:

I recall you planning on -8. You have changed.

Where is Mr.P and what did you do to him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

H'on the Eedgits.... ;)

Now what are we gonna do about this Baines fella?

PS: Get Sanchez
    PPS: Play your wildcard over the break will ya ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

just seen baines penalty
    PHEW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Strange one this week. I ballsed up by captaining Pelle over Augero. Probably should have played Duff instead of Taylor too. Would have been a nice extra 12 pts. That being said, good ol Bainsey saved me. Ended up on 76pts. In the top 40k overall which I persume is decent enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    H'on the Eedgits.... ;)

Now what are we gonna do about this Baines fella?

PS: Get Sanchez
    PPS: Play your wildcard over the break will ya ffs!

Got Sanchez now. I may well use the wildcard the week after the break i.e the next GW. I then might sell Costa and divert some of that money into a premium Baines bond.

Easy and straight forward. Just like me :)

just seen baines penalty
    PHEW

Just seen Siggurdson's free kick.
    WOW

Welbeck's assist was very good, too. He needs some time but he is on a good track.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Finish on 82 and 7k. The -4 for Aguero(Welbeck) and Chadli(Fabregas) proved to be more than worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

77 for week brings me into 29K.
    Pity Dummett was on bench and Chambers playing :D

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Strange one this week. I ballsed up by captaining Pelle over Augero. Probably should have played Duff instead of Taylor too. Would have been a nice extra 12 pts. That being said, good ol Bainsey saved me. Ended up on 76pts. In the top 40k overall which I persume is decent enough!

76 points is decent enough:D. Always. Every week.

Baines goal was a miracle after bringing him in for -4 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

wonski wrote: »
    Just seen Siggurdson's free kick.
    WOW

Welbeck's assist was very good, too. He needs some time but he is on a good track.

I agree. Part of me is tempted to bring Welbeck back in even after shipping him out for Sakho this week. Will hold off for a while though...

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    77 for week brings me into 29K.
    Pity Dummett was on bench and Chambers playing :D

Chambers wasn't playing according to my friend who watched the game.
    According to him he couldn't keep up (with Montero I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

76 points is decent enough:D. Always. Every week.

Baines goal was a miracle after bringing him in for -4 hit.

'Tis! Overall I'm happy. Just being greedy wanting those extra points :P!

Re Baines, since I brought him in - 7pts, 7pts, 11pts. Love having him in my team :D

So, my questions for the next GW are:

Is it time to get rid of Pelle?

Do I really need Sanchez considering Arsenal's form and fixtures?

Do we give the cheap, in-form Ayoze Perez of Newcastle a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Another week of green arrows despite missing out on 16 points due to my captaincy choice and a benched Coloccini. I should be happy with 82 points, but part of me is annoyed, I honestly considered including him in my line up, but being away and up against Berahino I opted against it.

Delighted i benched chambers though and oddly enough I was actually rooting for another yellow, such a messed up game when you want one of your players on the bench to see red. :)

I have a really long write up for GW 12 captain options that I'll post closer to the date, here's a preview...

Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! ;)

sheroman01 wrote: »
    'Tis! Overall I'm happy. Just being greedy wanting those extra points :P!

Re Baines, since I brought him in - 7pts, 7pts, 11pts. Love having him in my team :D

So, my questions for the next GW are:

Is it time to get rid of Pelle?

Do I really need Sanchez considering Arsenal's form and fixtures?

Do we give the cheap, in-form Ayoze Perez of Newcastle a go?

Sanchez is in great form:D

just seen baines penalty
    PHEW

Sweet jayzuuus... How those 11 pts could have turned to 0 in a fraction of second for a few inches. Gives me shivers :o...

--- edit ---

Just been watching the goals from the GW. Some cracking goals
    Sigurdsson great top corner free kick was mentioned.

But wow Chadli goal deserves to be cited :eek:. What a volley ! Top corner from a very closed angle. Superb... but honestly could have gone anywhere :pac:.

Ayoze Pérez nice back heel finish.

Just saw ADM assist :rolleyes:... Juan Mata and his powerful kick gave him that assist.

Oh and Aguero's goals. Such class. So calm and confident in the 18-yard-box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Chambers wasn't playing according to my friend who watched the game.
    According to him he couldn't keep up (with Montero I think).

Montero ran rings around him alright. He seemed to have schooled himself well on how to deal with Chambers. One radio commentator suggested bringing on Bellerin in his place at half time. Chambers is a young man, I think he learnt something today and I'll hold onto him for a while anyway.

tom_k wrote: »
    Montero ran rings around him alright. He seemed to have schooled himself well on how to deal with Chambers. One radio commentator suggested bringing on Bellerin in his place at half time. Chambers is a young man, I think he learnt something today and I'll hold onto him for a while anyway.

He wasn't first choice defender anyway. Being a second chance player at Arsenal means you will play half of the season, though.

We wanted cheap way into top teams defence and that's what we got. No clean sheet in that team - I will get rid. I would rather have a bottom team player who plays 90 minutes without a yellow card instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Another week of green arrows despite missing out on 16 points due to my captaincy choice and a benched Coloccini. I should be happy with 82 points, but part of me is annoyed, I honestly considered including him in my line up, but being away and up against Berahino I opted against it.

Delighted i benched chambers though and oddly enough I was actually rooting for another yellow, such a messed up game when you want one of your players on the bench to see red. :)

I have a really long write up for GW 12 captain options that I'll post closer to the date, here's a preview...

Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! Pick Aguerro! ;)

You could spell Aguero correctly by removing one of the R's and insert it between the P&i of pick.... The sentiment stays the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

74 points with Pelle as Captain and Sasko in team Have to be happy with that
    Midfield and defence cleaned up for me this week. Green arrows going into international break, have to be very happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

79 points. Aguero (c), Baines and Siggy the standout performers.

Up to 817th, my highest ever position at the end of a GW :D

Not having Sanchez and Costa is a worry, but you can't have everyone.

Advertisement