Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car parked in front of drive, can't leave.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

kbell wrote: »
    Op, in future, park across your driveway (I know you shouldn't have to).
    They might get the message.

If it is them, we don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

If it is them, we don't know yet.

Will still deter whoever is doing it and they'll park somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

It was gone this morning when i got up just put cones out from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If it happens again break a window take off the hand brake and move it

kbell wrote: »
    Op, in future, park across your driveway (I know you shouldn't have to).
    They might get the message.

ya I've that done now. I wont make it a permanent thing though cos little ****s kick the wing mirrors off.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,068 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The mirrors could go missing on their car too. Scummy thing to do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

when I was growing up we had a shared drive and you wouldn't believe the number of times we had to knock up the neighbours to move as they were blocking us in. I guess some folk are selfish and ignorant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Had this happen in a housing estate i was renting in before, herselfs car was blocked in. Called the guards they did nothing. Got sick of it and needed to get car free so put a strap on it and pulled it with the jeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

In the days before the internet we used to just find the owner and ask them to move the car.

Now, nuke from orbit is the only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This is really ridiculous advice.

As ridiculous as this entire thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

About 15 years back someone parked over our drive. We live in a small village and there was no need to block it at all. Was there the next morning so a neighbour arrived with a JCB to move it a bit with a tow rope. However, he got carried away and pulled it 300m or so to the car park "where it belongs he said" lol! The owner arrived at 5pm that evening. A right p*ick of an older man. He knocked looking for his car all he got back was "what car" from the father. I presume he found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

salmocab wrote: »
    If it happens again break a window take off the hand brake and move it

Just let it roll and walk off like

fM3h8LX.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

bidiots wrote: »
    As ridiculous as this entire thread.

How come?

bidiots wrote: »
    Just let it roll and walk off like

fM3h8LX.gif

wow, now that's flatulence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

In the days before the internet we used to just find the owner and ask them to move the car.

Now, nuke from orbit is the only solution.

They tried to find the owner. What else would you have done?

testicle wrote: »
    They tried to find the owner. What else would you have done?

Tried harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

People are so ignorant. I have a neighbour who used to block me in and the eff off for the night with the car keys so even anyone left in the house couldn't move it. Rang the guards a few times and they informed her of the illegality of her actions. She is an odd one though and is always pushing her luck/ behaving like a right cow. I think she actually enjoys causing trouble.

Tried harder.

and how exactly was I supposed to "try harder" to find them?! knocked on their door several times. What would you have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I blocked a car into a driveway once. I was out all day, had moved into the house about 4 weeks before. Came home and found a car in MY driveway.

I parked across the drive way and about 4 hours later there was a knock on the door. "Here, do you own that car? Can you move it?" I asked him why he thought it was ok to park in someone's driveway, his answer "the other people who lived here didn't have a car (a lie) so I parked here when I was visiting". No word of an apology. So I said I'd be out shortly.

Left him waiting about 15 minutes before I went out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

My mother lives near a theatre and often has people park across her drive when they are late or too cheap to pay for the multi story. I take great pleasure in calling the clamper as they will send a tow truck and lift the feckers. It's always good fun to see them panicking thinking that their car has been nicked.

• Advertisement

pookiesboo wrote: »
    and how exactly was I supposed to "try harder" to find them?! knocked on their door several times. What would you have done?

You assumed it was that door? Could it have been a visitor to another house?

It has happened here a few times, knocking on a few doors has always sorted it with no drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Don't mind him, he's just being a prick for the sake of it.

you should know mr testicle :-)

You assumed it was that door? Could it have been a visitor to another house?

It has happened here a few times, knocking on a few doors has always sorted it with no drama.

since new people moved in the car has been parked outside theirs or close by. Even if silver car was visiting another neighbour (which they weren't) there was ample parking outside any neighbours house.

I just can't understand how this is seen as a big problem, and why it has had some seriously daft responses.

Find the owner, ask them to move the car. That really is all there is to it.

I just can't understand how this is seen as a big problem, and why it has had some seriously daft responses.

so it wouldn't have been "a problem" for you if you couldn't drive out of your drive because someone parked in front of it.

Tried to "find the owner" which I've said four or five times already but they were either out or not answering their door (pretty sure its the latter).

Not all the responses were daft, I didn't know the guards would tow it away free of charge which is good to know if it happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You may not value your free time, I do. I'd have better things to do than go looking for some twat who parked blocking my driveway. Could they not have rang my bell and asked if I minded, and told me how to reach them if I needed to get out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

:p
    police-use-a-battering-ram-in-operation-kansas-to-hammer-down-a-suspect-s-door-698989679.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well whoopdie fcuking dooda. Why didn't we think of that? Oh no, wait, we did!
    Op went over, knocked several times, no response. Well that's you plan shagged then. Why do you now wade in when its all over and resolved with your big ideas?
    Go be helpful somewhere else if you don't have any helpful advise.

• Advertisement

You may not value your free time, I do. I'd have better things to do than go looking for some twat who parked blocking my driveway. Could they not have rang my bell and asked if I minded, and told me how to reach them if I needed to get out?

Better things such as consulting the internet for daft suggestions? That's an even bigger waste of time than actually dealing with the problem directly. That was my point. I'd didn't say being blocked in isn't a problem, I said getting it sorted shouldn't be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement