Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lollapalooza Comes To Europe

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lot a poo looza

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Not really impressed with that at all. I'm far more interested in the lower bill than anyone up higher (aside from Libertines). There is nothing there that would draw me away from the Irish festivals that have been announced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone go to Lolla in Berlin this weekend?

Great city so considering it for next year if the lineup is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

lc180 wrote: »
    Anyone go to Lolla in Berlin this weekend?

Great city so considering it for next year if the lineup is right.

I was there with a bunch of friends. Day 1 - very disappointing. There were huge and I mean huge queues for all the food stalls and the toilets ALL day (but none for the bars).

Day 2 - MUCH better. After apologising for all the queues on their facebook page and promising to sort it out, they came through with the promises, with no queues for toilets and only short queues for food. Much better line-up on the Sunday as well

General good points:
    • It's cheap.
    • It's in the city.
    • They had several stadium style bleachers at the back of the 2 main stages that are open to everybody and is great for when you just want to chill at the back and watch some bands earlier in the day in a proper seat.
    • The weather was absolutely perfect.
    • The cashless system is great and should be adopted by all major fests I think.
    • A lot of the toilets were proper flushing porcelain toilets with bog roll and everything.
    • The festival was extremely clean all day, mostly due to the fact that if you returned your cup to the tills for your next drink you got a €1 discount so no-one was discarding empties everywhere.

All in all, it isn't a patch on the original Lollapalooza but I would definitely return, but I think I'd wait for the line-up next time. I think next year will be far better organised and they won't have the issues of Day 1 next year. Plus Berlin is a great city and it makes for a nice, affordable, end of summer holiday with none of the headaches of camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I was there with a bunch of friends.

Deadly review cheer! I've been to Rock En Seine the last two years and loved it but kinda looking for something new in 2016. I'm thinking this might be a good shout. Hopefully the lineup is better though. A little too much EDM for my liking.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Great review thanks , was so close buying early bird tickets . glad i didn't , the line up was not as i was hoping for . Will have my fingers crossed for a better one next year .!!

Advertisement