Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Dundalk

Options
  • 06-11-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Goath tire 8.30. Dundalk is seriously well in. He looks a real bet IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

sting60 wrote: »
    Goath tire 8.30. Dundalk is seriously well in. He looks a real bet IMO.

Welcome back Sting.
    I had a good look at this one earlier and a couple of positives but is there an angle I'm missing with regards him being well in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

There is one well in all right at Dundalk

CHOO CHOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I' be surprised if it even places, been awful in it's first few races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CHOO CHOO

place lay for me, plot horses like this are usually only trying once a year when they can get a price.

Who are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Who are you on about?

Well lad. What time will you be posting at tomorrow? Want to have the wheelbarrow ready! :D

Would circa. 10 a.m suit Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Would circa. 10 a.m suit Jim

Luvly jubbly!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

CHOO CHOO

Haha this horse wouldn't happen to be running at 7.00 would it?

Hopefully we'll all need the wheelbarrows if the well handicapped Battleroftheboyne wins the opener tonight at Dundalk. Runs off a mark of 51, last win came off 86. He's fared better than the bare result a couple of times this year including last time (ran off 68). Was beaten a nose at Navan back in April by a horse who is now rated 22lbs higher and has won since, and a fair few winners in behind. I'd be really disappointed if he couldn't get competitive tonight with so much weight off him in what isn't the strongest of races, despite being drawn in 9. Last win came off 86. Ability N Delivery is feared most, ahead of Your Pal Tal. 10/1 in two places.

CHOO CHOO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

I have this in my tracker

Jockey was banned when running over at Navan last month on this horse (non trier), priced at 50/1. Looks like the trainer may have missed the boat that day as it ended up being a winnable race for him at a huge price - winner of that race is rated 77.

I ignored him on his last outing at Dundalk, however I will be taking more of an interest tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stevieboy01

Running at 6pm.
    Best price around 9-10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hopefully we'll all need the wheelbarrows if the well handicapped Battleroftheboyne wins the opener tonight at Dundalk. Runs off a mark of 51, last win came off 86. He's fared better than the bare result a couple of times this year including last time (ran off 68). Was beaten a nose at Navan back in April by a horse who is now rated 22lbs higher and has won since, and a fair few winners in behind. I'd be really disappointed if he couldn't get competitive tonight with so much weight off him in what isn't the strongest of races, despite being drawn in 9. Last win came off 86. Ability N Delivery is feared most, ahead of Your Pal Tal. 10/1 in two places.

CHOO CHOO
    Looks brilliantly handicapped but it doesn't have a great draw and I'd have question marks whether it will go over AW. Also, I'd fear the horse will have the speed for the 2f sprint. Having said all that, it carries a stone less than others.

I reckon you'll see this one out at the beginning of the flat season next year running at the Curragh over 5/6F in bog-like conditions. I think that will be the time to back it.

Think Ability And Delivery is the better option. Second last time out against Kimbay, weights have shifted dramatically in its favour.

Surface is of absolutely no concern to me, given he was just touched off here on debut over this c&d (actually from the same stall). Was 2nd in a handicap here off a mark of 70 last time in a handicap and was only beaten 6 lengths by Gordon Lord Byron last time he ran on the all weather. He had an AW rating of 79 at the time so how he has a rating of 51 now is beyond me

Shabra Emperor in the 7:00 is one I have been watching for awhile and I feel is now poised to return to form. Horse is now down to a mark of 55 which is close to a career low. With the benefit of a 7lb claim, it gives the horse a stone in hand over the two market principals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Welcome back Sting.
    I had a good look at this one earlier and a couple of positives but is there an angle I'm missing with regards him being well in?
    The handbrake has been well on for each run and her mark of 64 is way below her ability.if money arrives for her she will win.fran berry is the job jockey for feane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

3 I like today quick notes

Broughton 6's into 3's at musselbrough price is shortening and reckon his first run out was a spin. C and d winner and reckon he will win this cosily before being put into a bigger fish handicap

AMore mio 12's and kilcullen article 7's at Hexham at 3.50

Rossinis dancer is a punt at 25's at Hexham off his current mark

Hi note @ 13'2 may well do the business at fontwell again if the favourite can't produce the goods

Big drift on the two favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

CHOO CHOO

was not at the races, well was but ya know what i mean :D

No joy, sorry to anyone that followed.

The train has momentarily suspended service.

• Advertisement

Dalewari @5/4 in the 7:30 at Dundalk looks like the proverbial penalty kick.

Shabra Emperor in the 7:00 is one I have been watching for awhile and I feel is now poised to return to form. Horse is now down to a mark of 55 which is close to a career low. With the benefit of a 7lb claim, it gives the horse a stone in hand over the two market principals.
    2nd :pac:

Dalewari @5/4 in the 7:30 at Dundalk looks like the proverbial penalty kick.
    2nd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I backed Marble in the 7.00
    I really like Cristys call in the 9.00 very low weight and has run some good races over c&d
    12-1 ew

Talsara is interesting,

Goath tire 8.30. Dundalk is seriously well in. He looks a real bet IMO.[/QUO

Dreaming if you think that horse will do anything other than lose.

Easy to be wise after the event .

Easy to be wise after the event .

See my post before the race. That horse will do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

2nd Jan southwell an
    Amature race the best handicapped horse in 2014 runs imp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

2nd Jan southwell an
    Amature race the best handicapped horse in 2014 runs imp.

Ok, a name would be handy.

Advertisement