Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat people have feelings too

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Fat feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Don't worry at Christmas there is plenty of love to go around we will hug youse in sections if we cannot hug you in one go :)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

on the plus (size) they don't have to buy a belly to go with their santa costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

"jolly stature" why is it always implied that fat people are jolly?

Something tells me that Hermann Goering was hardly a barrel of laughs....

hermanfatman.jpg

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I lost 4.5 stone so far and I am still classified as obese.
    Being fat is **** and in 99% of the time being fat is just down to actual person eating **** and sitting on his ass. The amount of excuses for being fat I hear from other people is unreal. I even remember my own lame excuses back in the day.

All you need to do is "Put down the fecking fork and get your ass off the couch". Add some willpower in to mix and you will lose weight.

The (not quite there yet) reformed whore, ladies and gentlemen!

• Advertisement

Being fat is **** and in 99% of the time being fat is just down to actual person eating **** and sitting on his ass. The amount of excuses for being fat I hear from other people is unreal. I even remember my own lame excuses back in the day.

All you need to do is "Put down the fecking fork and get your ass off the couch". Add some willpower in to mix and you will lose weight.

What's your reason for being fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm actually dieting and I'm a 32 inch waist. Now before anyone thinks that's a bit crazy, for the entirety of my adult life until last year I was 28 inch waist. I gave up smoking an started back at college. I had nearly no exercise and I was eating crap everyday. I shot up to a 36 inch waist.

Simply changing my diet to get rid of crap (Sweets etc...) and getting back to a routine when i walk to work had resulted in my losing 4 inches off my waist in 3 months. I still eat three meals a day and they're still decent portions.

I'd settle for 30-32 inch waist. At that point I will be able to fit into all my old clothes including suits. That's my main reason for losing the weight. I'm just too cheap to replace all my clothes.

My thighs are almost as big as my waist. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Well said Brian. I think we should make that wider though:

• Any anorexics needing to go into hospital should face a charge - why do they want to be so thin.... I don't see this as like for like comparison, I think every Anorexic has a physiological problem, but not every or even many fat people have
    • STI clinics should be fining people too - afterall they chose to have sex right. On this I think its a public health thing, its not like if I have sex with a fat person they'll pass being fat onto me
    • Anyone needing anti-natal care - afterall their choice why should I have to pay At least they're adding to the human race in a positive way, having children is essential to the continuance of the human race, being fat contributes nothing to society but rather costs us more !!.

People need to realise that there are consequences for the way they live and I don't see a problem with charging them for being an unnecessary burden on society.. Being FAT isn't like growing old, its not inevitable, its avoidable.

Now I need chocolate..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

As a member of the obese community I am really looking forward to this festive period where others with our jolly stature can engage in some light hearted banter & frivolity with those of you normal BMI community.

What we do not welcome are whispered fattisms which should be outlawed under hate legislation, this trollish bullying behavoiur is unwarranted.
    We should be accepted & embraced as addicts which society will learn to accept in time as victims.

Now roll your boney ass right over here & give Shiraz a big hug #feelthelove #notofattism

Impossible, My arms, they cannot meet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If looking down and not being able to see your penis isn't inspiration enough to lose some weight then I don't know what is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

smash wrote: »
    If looking down and not being able to see your penis isn't inspiration enough to lose some weight then I don't know what is.

Is that why there's so many anorexic women?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was eating a lot of chipper food and fast food in general. Portion sizes were way too big. Even the home made meals were not even near healthy. Lots of potato, bread and everything loaded with cheese.
    I spend a lot of time in front of computer so my excersise time was non existent.
    Edit: I am a chef too, so I am surrounded by food. Learning not to "pick" was hard, but doable.
    I reached the goal I had set 14weeks ago and now I am on the way on my new goal. I am not planing on staying fatty for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm actually dieting and I'm a 32 inch waist. Now before anyone thinks that's a bit crazy, for the entirety of my adult life until last year I was 28 inch waist. I gave up smoking an started back at college. I had nearly no exercise and I was eating crap everyday. I shot up to a 36 inch waist.

Simply changing my diet to get rid of crap (Sweets etc...) and getting back to a routine when i walk to work had resulted in my losing 4 inches off my waist in 3 months. I still eat three meals a day and they're still decent portions.

I'd settle for 30-32 inch waist. At that point I will be able to fit into all my old clothes including suits. That's my main reason for losing the weight. I'm just too cheap to replace all my clothes.

I went from 42inch to 36inch now. God bless I did not threw away my old pants. In fact, the only pants I can still wear are 6 or 7 year old! No point in buying new pants as I am still on the roll to lose more weight.
    In a way it's pretty lols that it took me about 7 years to put on all that weight and then it took about 4 months to lose it. It's amazing what can you do with little bit determination and by stoping finding excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So you like looking at dick then?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

One feeling that you don't seem to have is the one called BEING FULL.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

As a member of the obese community I am really looking forward to this festive period where others with our jolly stature can engage in some light hearted banter & frivolity with those of you normal BMI community.

What we do not welcome are whispered fattisms which should be outlawed under hate legislation, this trollish bullying behavoiur is unwarranted.
    We should be accepted & embraced as addicts which society will learn to accept in time as victims.

Now roll your boney ass right over here & give Shiraz a big hug #feelthelove #notofattism

Fatty fatty bong along :p

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Victims my arse!

You want someone to victimise your arse? Surely this isn't an appropriate forum for such requests?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Yiz are a bunch of fukin elephants!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Fat people presumably have more feelings than normal people since there's just so much more of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ham, beef, lamb and Jaffa Cakes. Pasta too, lots of pasta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Grayson wrote: »
    That's my main reason for losing the weight. I'm just too cheap to replace all my clothes.

Totally. Totally.

I'm losing weight at the moment (going well! :) ) and that's a huge motivating factor. I'm in a very low paying job at the moment, whilst attempting to live in Dublin, and have a huge wardrobe of clothes in smaller sizes and barely anything in my current size. I simply can't afford to buy a new wardrobe. Plus, I love all my smaller size clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Quote - Fat people have feelings too

Do fat people find that everything feels squishy and soft when they touch/hold them with their big fat squishy hands/fingers? Just wondered...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Oh Lard! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

_Brian wrote: »
    People need to realise that there are consequences for the way they live and I don't see a problem with charging them for being an unnecessary burden on society.. Being FAT isn't like growing old, its not inevitable, its avoidable.

Now I need chocolate..

Not necessary, a portion of obesity is based on ancestry,

not parents, but grandparents, (for some reason ), Figuring out your grandparents general diet and exercise regime may help. If they were unhealthy you know what to avoid. if they were healthy follow their lead.

Now I want chocolate, it's a slippery slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

Hitchens wrote: »

and holy crepe pancakes,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10790063/Jesus-Christs-face-shows-up-in-a-California-pancake.html

God has officially made the host more substantial for hungrier people.

Hitchens wrote: »

:D this got me

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

embrace your distinctions ie fatness

• Advertisement
Advertisement