Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam of Darts Nov 8th - Nov 16th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Nib wrote: »

I'd love to know who in Sky thought having a Sid Waddell shout "Sen-sash-ional" every time a player was left with 404 to promote their darts channel for Christmas was a good idea. Very strange.

It was bloody annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Amazing last game.

Bunting is really fulfilling his potential earlier than even I thought he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭shockframe

mdwexford wrote: »
    Amazing last game.

Bunting is really fulfilling his potential earlier than even I thought he would.

Bunting has been at a high level as a darts player for the last 2 years if not more so no surprise to me he's doing well in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Friday November 14 (7pm-11pm)
    2x Quarter-Finals
    Dave Chisnall v Keegan Brown
    Michael van Gerwen v Kim Huybrechts

Saturday November 15 (7pm-11pm)
    2x Quarter-Finals
    Mervyn King v Stephen Bunting
    Phil Taylor v Michael Smith

Sunday November 16
    Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm)

Semi-Finals
    van Gerwen/Huybrechts v Chisnall/Brown
    Taylor/Smith v King/Bunting

Evening Session (7pm-9pm)
    Final

Harsh on the fans wallets this week! I really dont understand why the 4 QFs are not on tonight, with Semi's tomorrow night and final on Sunday rather than jamming another session in for punters to pay for.

I can't believe King is still in! He should have been out in the groups. Wade & Bunting was an awesome game, finishing of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Super Kim Hybrechts, delighted for him and a 9 darter to boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some performance alright.

I was disappointed to see the young lad Brown fail to get over the line, he was cruising at one point, fair play to Chizzy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

two epic games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

shockframe wrote: »
    Bunting has been at a high level as a darts player for the last 2 years if not more so no surprise to me he's doing well in this.

Well he's the current BDO world champion so he has been at a high level but I thought it might take him a while to adjust to the PDC but he's had a tremendous first year flying up the order of merit.
    Devastator wrote: »
    Harsh on the fans wallets this week! I really dont understand why the 4 QFs are not on tonight, with Semi's tomorrow night and final on Sunday rather than jamming another session in for punters to pay for.

I can't believe King is still in! He should have been out in the groups. Wade & Bunting was an awesome game, finishing of the highest order

4 matches first to 16, could take about 6 hours if they all were tight games.
    Had to be broken into two sessions really.

mdwexford wrote: »

4 matches first to 16, could take about 6 hours if they all were tight games.
    Had to be broken into two sessions really.

I did not realise there was an increase in legs from the previous round but even with the extended game I still feel for the fans going. By my count thats 12 sessions of the GSOD, tickets maybe about £25 a shout...thats £300 if you want to goto the whole week just for tickets!

I think the PDC could have fitted the 4 QF's in if they wanted, like if they scrapped all the interviews, all the fancy video hype for every player and generally just stopped Mardle from talking muck then there shouldn't have been much bother.

I would like to see Bunting & Smith get through tonight but dont think it will happen :D Wonder if King's luck will run out tonight? Hope so! I hate him he's lost me that many bets over the last 2 weeks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Michael Smith gave this up a long time ago, been shaking his head since the 2nd leg!!! 12-3 down and Taylor starts leg 16 with a max!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

seoirsem wrote: »
    Michael Smith gave this up a long time ago, been shaking his head since the 2nd leg!!! 12-3 down and Taylor starts leg 16 with a max!!

poor form on Smiths part. looked to give up at 5-3, taylor won the last 13 legs

2 pretty poor matchups after last nights games with both Bunting & Smith not living upto their form. King is a great match player, he hits big scores & big checkouts at vital times but I cant see him having enough to trouble Taylor in the semi.

Sunday November 16
    Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm)
    Semi-Finals
    Kim Huybrechts v Dave Chisnall
    Phil Taylor v Mervyn King

Evening Session (7pm-9pm)
    Final
    Huybrechts/Chisnall v Taylor/King

I'm predicting
    Kim Huybrechts 16-11 Dave Chisnall
    Phil Taylor 16-7 Mervyn King

Huybrechts 10-16 Taylor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cracking game this, nothing in it since early on.

Chizzy takes the 1st semi 16-15, back and forth game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭statto25

Taylor giving King a right doing, 15-5. Can't see beyond the Power to win it out now. I don't think Chizzy has enough to cause an upset. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

"Chinese tungsten torture"

Chisnall brings it back to 9-7

9-8, game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mon chizzy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great fightback from Chizzy. This is turning into a classic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Great fightback from Chizzy. This is turning into a classic.

Chizzy ran out of steam. Taylor has great staying power in the longer format matches. A lot of players struggle there...Chizzy, King and Wade come to mind.

At 5-0 to Taylor I seriously thought it could end up 16-3 type of scoreline, happy that Chizzy got his game together to make a contest out of it but I got the feeling while Chizzy was on his comeback that Taylor was setting himself up to move up through the gears to finish.

Could Taylor make it 17? Certainly looks to be getting to his best form at the perfect time

Advertisement