Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport 2015 Routes News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I understand thay Sligo is not a PSO route anymore, but how come they didn't participate in the Kerry and Donegal contracts?

Do they have an aircraft big enough to meet the PSO requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

American Airlines restart their JFK service tomorrow. It was cancelled for the winter last year as they were unhappy with expected loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

American Airlines restart their JFK service tomorrow. It was cancelled for the winter last year as they were unhappy with expected loads.

Bastards! I was booked with them and they cancelled on me, went through LHR then

billie1b wrote: »
    Bastards! I was booked with them and they cancelled on me, went through LHR then

Should they give you the option of a direct flight ex another airline via Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Should they give you the option of a direct flight ex another airline via Dublin?

Only LHR was the option, at first it was JFK-LHR-DUB, then it changed to JFK-DUB direct with American, when they canx their service it was back to JFK-LHR-DUB.

• Advertisement

Vueling started yesterday, Finnair today and they announced last week that they will continue the route through the winter on a 3x weekly service.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Slightly off topic, but you can tell the summer has begun. It's crazy busy in DUB this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭lc180

Slightly off topic, but you can tell the summer has begun. It's crazy busy in DUB this morning.

It's called easter holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

lc180 wrote: »

Are you sure, i can't see any chocolate on my desk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

lc180 wrote: »

Not entirely just Easter, the majority of airlines start their summer schedule late March. Which means new routes and most likely increased frequency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-05-15/April_Passenger_Numbers_Up_11_To_2_Million.aspx
    April Passenger Numbers Up 11% To 2 MillionMay 15 2015

Just over two million passengers used Dublin Airport in April, an 11% increase on the same period last year, according to daa. Passenger volumes to and from Continental Europe grew by 9% with almost 1.1 million passengers travelling to and from continental European destinations in April. UK traffic increased by 13%, as almost 732,000 passengers travelled to and from the UK last month. Transatlantic passenger volumes grew by 5%, with almost 165,000 passengers travelling to and from North America in April. Other international traffic, predominantly to the Middle East, recorded a 23% increase, as almost 62,000 passengers travelled to and from these destinations in April. Domestic traffic rose by 16%, with more than 6,000 passengers travelling on domestic routes in April. Almost 6.8 million passengers have travelled through Dublin Airport in the first four months of this year, which is a 15% increase over the same period last year. This means that Dublin Airport has welcomed an extra 870,000 passengers so far this year.

A friend of mine was at the IAA GA open day where they said it was expected 24.3 million Passengers approximately would use Dublin this year.

These flights to the Caribbean and Cancun are great news and long overdue, from what I've heard and seen Thomson 787s get good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The growth were seeing at DUB in the last 3 years to me seems more stable and faster than in the early noughties?

Finally! Them exotic routes are long overdue, where have they been the past few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Finally! Them exotic routes are long overdue, where have they been the past few years?

Via LGW with BA & VS.... ;)

EICVD wrote: »
    Via LGW with BA & VS.... ;)

And Manchester, don't forget Thomson and Thomas Cook

PLEASE Vegas up next for the charter from Dublin!!!

Idbatterim wrote: »
    PLEASE Vegas up next for the charter from Dublin!!!

In the meantime, Vegas is available from BFS. Its one of the only routes that they have the advantage of DUB over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

In the meantime, Vegas is available from BFS. Its one of the only routes that they have the advantage of DUB over.

For a very limited period of time of operation however.

• Advertisement

not a chance I would go via belfast, makes no sense IMO, I would take a layover any day before going via belfast and that isnt even taking into account the weak euro v sterling...

according to google maps Dublin airport to belfast airport is 1 hour 53 minutes, 173 km, plus you have the toll there and back, at least in my case I would...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

pclive wrote: »
    Direct Flights From Dublin Airport To Mexico And Jamaica In 2016:

Great for resort lovers

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭dogcat

Are they year round or just for Summer? It would be great to have a flight to Mexico City.

dogcat wrote: »
    Are they year round or just for Summer? It would be great to have a flight to Mexico City.

Just for 6 weeks. Read link above for more info.

I'd be sceptical as to the likelyness of a service to Mexico City. Id imagine its at minimum 10 years off. If Mexico develops fast in the next 10 years it probably will happen, but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭dogcat

Just for 6 weeks. Read link above for more info.

I'd be sceptical as to the likelyness of a service to Mexico City. Id imagine its at minimum 10 years off. If Mexico develops fast in the next 10 years it probably will happen, but not now.
    Sadly :(. I would like as many flights as possible to many international destinations especially to South America but it won't happen for a while :(.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

dogcat wrote: »

Sounds great on paper. Mexico is a huge city and a massive business hub for Central America but this ort of route requires ties to make it work. It needs tourism, business, connections and perhaps freight.
    I'm not sure the Mexico is a big destination for travellers from Ireland, or for business links. (This could of course radically alter in 5-10 years)

These new routes are welcome but they are just seasonal charters ops. Thompson can offer the whole package to customers, a scheduled airline doesn't have the resort/package/insurance scope to offer to customers.
    Of course if successful we could see more than 6 weeks in 2017........

Anxious to see the prices, I've always dreamt of a holiday in Cancun.....

Not happening next year, but still would like an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Not that it adds very much, but I took a holiday in Mexico City just last month... :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Aer Lingus going to operate a 16 weekly liverpool service from October, offering transatlantic connections. It will be operated by an A320.

• Advertisement

Forgive me if it was mentioned a few pages back but Aer Lingus's new Washington route has been extended till January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement