Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scabby portions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

In the Londis across from the hospital in Galway, you get one slice of ham which is cut in half so that it can cover the length of the roll.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Jaypers in that case the new subway that opened up on bolton street is feckin extortionate! I asked for a sub and got, about 5 pieces of chicken, 6 bits of lettuce, and three slices of a pepper, and the guy was like thats a fiver :(

Subway's portion control is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Met my husband for lunch near his office the other day, the restaurant had decent reviews pasted up on the window, anyway got a sandwich which was very average and a portion of chips with it...it was 5 chips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

For a second I thought you meant Nazi Goering :eek:

Too much fat in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

BLT and a small portion of fries, tasted decent enough, but the things were tiny, price was.... €21 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'm finding myself increasingly disappointed with the portion sizes. I just got a medium chicken salad wrap from chopped, assumed I had enough in a fiver, nope it's 5.49.

The Black Sheep on Capel St does a savage steak burger but the chips, ugh they've quartered a potato basically. And it's 12.50 I think. I'm ok with biggish chips but these are just too big, and never cooked enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

cloud493 wrote: »
    There's a chippy near me thats really good, nice big kebab and chicken wings, but the bags of chips are never even half full.

Really? Chipper I occasionally go to here in Ashbourne [San Remo's]... the chip portions are beyond generous - so often have it go to waste cause there's just too much >_<

Best chips though! :)
    biko wrote: »
    I get Nasi Goreng at a local Indian place and always have to ask them to put the rest in tinfoil, just can't eat it all in one sitting. And it's about 12 euro or so.

Nasi Goreng, in an Indians....?

It's Malay! o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

And when you see on the menu, the onion rings or garlic mushrooms. "Six per portion". **** off with your six, I want a decent handful. Something very poxy about six onion rings.

At least they have the decency of telling you you're only getting 6. Years ago Eddie Rockets used to serve a decent portions of onion rings stacked up nicely. Now you only get like 5 of them in a little bowl and they still charge about 5 € for a portion.

I usually don't have a problem with small portions though, to be honest I prefer a portion that's slightly too small to one that's too big. Kinda feel bad about all that food going to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Centra do scabby portions of salad on rolls/wraps, 2 slices of tomato!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Bernardo's in Shankill do great chips but they really don't give you very many!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Quiz Time

When was the last time you saw a fat bird working in the Deli in Spar/Mace/Centra/Daybreak/Gala/Supervalu/Londis......did I say Centra?

Got u thinkin didn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

+ State Tax (I hate that about America)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Hate scabby portions. I think Irish people would eat out more if you got a decent feed. I worked in a hotel, If I was serving on a buffet since it wasn't coming out of my pocket, I gave out massive portions.

Did anyone see how small an Eddie rockets burger is now? FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

**** the lot of you. I'm drunk and hungry now. I'm not putting on the chip pan on in this condition so I'm stuck going to bed hungry.

Advertisement