Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advanced warfare first impressions

Options
  • 03-11-2014 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

i had an hour of gameplay so far
    nothing like the cod that im used to
    but im up for change, seems to be very little camping so far, early days i know, but the maps seem fairly open, no bushes ect to hide in
    trying to shoot an enemy while he is double jumping is going to take some getting used to
    im enjoying it so far, dying a bit too many times for my liking but that will hopefully improve with time

thumbs up from me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Would give first impression but I'm still waiting for it to install! Over an hour and still on 10%!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Have to say I'm well impressed so far (ps4) with multiplayer. Big improvement on ghosts. Already got used to the whole jumping thing although it's incredibly hard to shoot someone in mid air. One MAJOR issue though.....i cannot even start the campaign. Game freezes on opening video where 2 Marines are chatting and then goes to a screen saying there is an issue. Do you wish to report it etc etc. Not sure is it a disc problem or a worldwide thing

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Huge improvement over Ghosts, maps are much more well designed and its possible to familiarize yourself with their layout fairly quickly.
    Assault rifles are probably the best weapon class, the BAL-27 and HBRa3 are pretty good.
    Hit detection feels like Modern Warfare but the time to kill is more like the Treyarch games, feels like a decent balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Got the game going eventually. I like it, best COD for a few years to be honest. The boost jumping completely changes it up. It's the change the series badly needed to be fair but as ye've said it's well hard killing people who are mid-air!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You'd know they've been working on it for 3 years because it looks goddamned frakking awful.
    I thought I read someone's post today on here saying it was better looking than Battlefield...it must have been BF1942 he was on about as graphics are terrible and I'm running it on a GTX780 at highest settings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Blazer wrote: »
    You'd know they've been working on it for 3 years because it looks goddamned frakking awful.
    I thought I read someone's post today on here saying it was better looking than Battlefield...it must have been BF1942 he was on about as graphics are terrible and I'm running it on a GTX780 at highest settings.
    Jog on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just downloaded now, played one game of DOM. Nearly got a semi when I noticed the noises from MW2 for selecting guns etc :)

The game itself played well, solid enough hit markers, will be on later.. maybe get the old team back ;)

Jog on

just expressing my opinion dude...next gen engine my ass.
    But as long it plays well I suppose it's better than looking pretty and being crap like BF4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

just expressing my opinion dude...next gen engine my ass.
    But as long it plays well I suppose it's better than looking pretty and being crap like BF4...

sorry, thought you were a battlefield fanboy trolling
    my bad

sorry, thought you were a battlefield fanboy trolling
    my bad

I'm one of those rare breed who love both games...except Ghosts cos that sucked.
    Gimme BF2 and COD4/MW2 remade with current engines and i'd be happy as a pig in shít :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The graphics in general aren't next gen, but that's because the jump to "next gen" has been unimpressive across the board (XBO and PS4).

But it plays well. That's what matters most to me personally.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The graphics in general aren't next gen, but that's because the jump to "next gen" has been unimpressive across the board (XBO and PS4).

But it plays well. That's what matters most to me personally.

yeah it's starting to grow on me..Its like Titanfall but much better.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Simeone in the PC gaming forum said they got it running and looking a lot better by tweaking something, have a look at the thread there and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Simeone in the PC gaming forum said they got it running and looking a lot better by tweaking something, have a look at the thread there and see if it helps.

Falthyron wrote: »
    I jumped into a couple of multi-player matches, won two, lost two, and I have to say I enjoyed it. However, I noticed a problem with texture loading and this was causing a 'stutter' effect while playing.

A bit of rummaging around on the internet told me to turn off the two 'Caching' graphical features in the 'Advanced Options'. Lo and behold, the game now looks a lot better, and plays a lot better too.

Also, in Single Player, with all the settings on 'Extra' or 'High' the game looked terrible, but turning off the two 'Caching' options fixed this issue. The game looks extremely well on the highest settings.

Just thought I would share this with fellow PC users who might be experiencing the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'm Actually wishing away the day so I can get home and play for a bit. Haven't been like that since mw2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Didn't intend to buy it but when a few of the lads on here started caving in and buying it, I followed suit.

Played a few games of TDM last night, must say I quite enjoyed it - maps will take getting used to but that's always the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Only played 2 games so far but id say im going to like it . Good bit diferent with the double jump but i need more game time before i judge

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Played a bit yesterday and really liked it on MP, got on today and it's unplayable, am just guessing it's because of the volume of players but I'm lucky to get one bar and the lag is ridiculous so think will be leaving it this evening unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Picked this up in Supervalue for €50 today, won't get online till later on but noticed watching live game play on multi-player you can select options and go down the list and select paintball effects to on and this will give the effect of paint splattering when you shoot. Pretty cool but also useful as it should show you how each guns spray of bullets is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Liking it ALOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

The double jump thing is pissin me off tbh , people basicly flying round the map .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

Spawn die spawn fu1cking lag die that was most of or party lady night

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Potentially the best COD in years if they can sort out the connection issues and ridiculous spawning system

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Disappointed to hear that campers aren't really catered for - do any of the maps have good hiding spots at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

donfers wrote: »
    Disappointed to hear that campers aren't really catered for - do any of the maps have good hiding spots at all?

Some of the maps have elevated spots where you might be safe for a minute or 2 but there's really nowhere to hide or camp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

DarkJager wrote: »
    Some of the maps have elevated spots where you might be safe for a minute or 2 but there's really nowhere to hide or camp.

What's a self-respected sniper supposed to do in this game then?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

naughto wrote: »
    Spawn die spawn fu1cking lag die that was most of or party lady night

Same here, am average player nothing special at all but just went 2 and 23 in a game od Dom I just had to quit in the end, so fecking frustrating. Just noticed my NAT type has gone to Strict as well and not a breeze how to change it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

donfers wrote: »
    What's a self-respected sniper supposed to do in this game then?

Shoot and move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

The bigger the party the worse the lag is so we have noticed so twos and threes any more.
    I did notice that there's very little sniping what's the point in having a sniper class if you can't use it.a few sniper maps would be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

naughto wrote: »
    The bigger the party the worse the lag is so we have noticed so twos and threes any more.
    I did notice that there's very little sniping what's the point in having a sniper class if you can't use it.a few sniper maps would be good

I noticed when I was in a party of 4 we were all complaining about Lag, getting bad k/d etc. Left the party and played on my own connection was much better but teammates were doing my head in (not capturing obj in obj game modes) everyone positive K/D but losing maps by 100 points or more. fyi I'm on the 360

Advertisement