Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advanced warfare first impressions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

For the first week or 2 you will have a lot of sweaty players getting big scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Im not lagging that much but im getting raped by other players , i mean id get the first shot on em and hed just kill me with one bullet . Its a total joke , i feel like their connections are 20 times better than mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emerald eSports

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Im not lagging that much but im getting raped by other players , i mean id get the first shot on em and hed just kill me with one bullet . Its a total joke , i feel like their connections are 20 times better than mine.

Thats the lag comp kicking in. AW really seems to favor the player with the slower connection and players with "god" connections in Ghosts are now on the recieving end of some piss poor laggy games.

Thats the lag comp kicking in. AW really seems to favor the player with the slower connection and players with "god" connections in Ghosts are now on the recieving end of some piss poor laggy games.

I have a fairly **** connection thou but it seems worse playing aw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Best cod game yet, i even played the single player which i never even glance at it in past games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Really enjoying it but would people ever go for the objective. Playing a bit of momentum and I had over 10 captures and all my team and the enemy was doing were trying to get kill streaks .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Is this already out? I thought it wasn't being released until Friday?

If so, where is the cheapest place to buy? Tesco?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Blazer wrote: »
    just expressing my opinion dude...next gen engine my ass.
    But as long it plays well I suppose it's better than looking pretty and being crap like BF4...

Blazer used you play on Radox and ISF in CS years ago on 56k? Think I remember you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

got it today and i've played about 2 hours.. I would say it's the best COD so far.. I'm loving it..

Just finished downloading and I'm getting a ****ing error code trying to play, why am I not ****ing surprised with these *****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great game. Best CoD since MW2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Really baffled at how good a reception this is getting. The spawns are probably an all time low for the series and the pace is just far too frenetic, players could literally be anywhere of the map at any time, totally unpredictable and low skilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The campaign is brilliant. Just over halfway through now and totally hooked. This COD pisses all over Ghosts in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

F**k this game. Like the game itself but can't deal with the lag/lag compensation. Can't kill anyone in the last 5 games. Kill cams look nothing like what I saw. Want to put fist through screen haven't been this pissed off with a connection since blops 2. I have 100mb efibre as well and feels like I have a 56k modem

heroics wrote: »
    F**k this game. Like the game itself but can't deal with the lag/lag compensation. Can't kill anyone in the last 5 games. Kill cams look nothing like what I saw. Want to put fist through screen haven't been this pissed off with a connection since blops 2. I have 100mb efibre as well and feels like I have a 56k modem

I'm in a similar boat. Played 4 games once I got home and 3 were terrible. Finished with way more deaths than kills even tho I got the drop on people I still died . Kill cams telling a different story . Destiny PvP I have no problem. Very frustrating as I enjoy it when it's not lagging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Lag - when you get schooled and have nothing to fall back on. I ended up with more deaths than kills ... yeah? Well someone has to ... stop the belly aching and practice.

Lag - when you get schooled and have nothing to fall back on. I ended up with more deaths than kills ... yeah? Well someone has to ... stop the belly aching and practice.

:rolleyes:

Oh let me learn from you . If you don't like the belly aching you might want to stay out of cod threads . Lag compensation is a problem even if you don't acknowledge the problem . You must be an elite player :rolleyes:

Anyone else having problems connecting to their poxy servers? I'm on PC and can't get into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

textures are horrible in campaign. was expecting a better story as well (half way through)

MP is grand. run and gun madness as usual.

6/10

textures are horrible in campaign. was expecting a better story as well (half way through)

6/10

What platform are you playing on? PS4 graphics and textures look fine to me. Story is very strong and coherent, probably the best COD SP since 2. What dont you like bout it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

the classic cod mode in advanced warfare is much better imo try it out lads plays beautifully

the classic cod mode in advanced warfare is much better imo try it out lads plays beautifully

I tried playin that today and i couldnt find a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I have no problem with dying in the game. I have a problem with dying when I shoot first and the kill cam shows I never fired a shot or i empty a full mag from BAL into a players back from 10 feet and they don't die but turn and kill me in 1 shot, again kill cam shows I never shot them. Players teleporting around the screen. I shoot at a player in one place and they are on a different part of the screen (and its not because they used the boost left/right etc) It is definately Lag/lag compensation related.

heroics wrote: »
    I have no problem with dying in the game. I have a problem with dying when I shoot first and the kill cam shows I never fired a shot or i empty a full mag from BAL into a players back from 10 feet and they don't die but turn and kill me in 1 shot, again kill cam shows I never shot them. Players teleporting around the screen. I shoot at a player in one place and they are on a different part of the screen (and its not because they used the boost left/right etc) It is definately Lag/lag compensation related.

Having the exact same prob . Dont stand a chance in 1 on 1s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

6/10

What platform are you playing it on. The PS3 and 360 versions look cack as they need the frame rate locked at 60fps so the textures had to give, with the PS3 version being the worst. On the PS4 it's one of the best looking games on the console right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

SP query here (if anyone is actually playing it!): having trouble loading the Terminus level (14 i think) I finish the Captured level and then it says it's installing Terminus and nothing happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Akimbo SMGs with lots of speed support (exo speed, extended exo battery, lightweight).

Fun :D

Just finished the campaign, absolutely ****ing brilliant. Definitely the best call of duty SP in a very long time. I'm actually excited at the prospect of a sequel to this compared to Ghosts, which I couldn't care less about if it ever gets a follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Was having awfull lagg today, pings were going from red to white non stop for every one in most matchs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Was having awfull lagg today, pings were going from red to white non stop for every one in most matchs.

Ya it's been pretty much like that since official launch day. I'm playing on xbox one but I'd imagine it's across the board for everyone.

Advertisement