Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to meet girls??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

A lot of men meet a girl they like when it is a sister or friend of someone they already know.

Have you any cousins, neighbours, siblings, colleagues that you could socialize with, and maybe interact with some of their social circle, thus meeting some girls that they know?
    Or get in a club or hobby that has group outings: eg, film society where they arrange a group visit to the movies - a great way to get chatting with someone who shares your interests.
    also, consider orienteering, walking, hiking groups.
    Or Irish classes at Conradh na Gaeilge.

What about a DANCE course? Girls do those...or YOGA, very popular with the female sex. AERIAL yoga, better still!
    Book Clubs seem to be very fashionable and a lot of girls are in them. Yes, you would have to read the books, but...ask at the local library or ask around among friends do they know of a book club.

and don't forget the numerous possibilities with online social groups. Nuff said.

Best o' good luck and enjoy the quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭josip

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sports clubs, tennis, badmington, wrestling whatever you like - you'll allready find a girl with common interests.

Mt. Pleasent tennis club is supposed to be good social club.

505 nights :eek:
    Go with prostitutes, you will have a better piece of mind, be able to continue to enjoy playing sports and have far more money in the bank!

Repost (see above)
    Tennis, yea some of those are hot as fúck..

Never been to a 505 night then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Leave it until March. If you find someone now you may have to cough up for Christmas and Valentines day presents. Smart men fcuk between March and October..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

katemarch wrote: »
    Girls do those...or YOGA, very popular with the female sex. AERIAL yoga, better still!

If you're going to join a yoga club for a perv I'd suggest a bit of hot yoga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

FTA69 wrote: »
    a bit like the 7 minute ab devices you see on late night TV.

Those things are fantastically crap, aren't they. I know people who buy them, do it for a few weeks and put it into the attic for every more, as they are not getting results. Abs are made in the kitchen, as I always tell them. These products fail to mention to importance of diet when trying to develop your abs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

smash wrote: »
    What's with these lonely hearts threads recently?

Maybe a dating forum is in the future for boards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'd have to ask, do you do stuff you don't like just to try and meet women? I know a guy who tried salsa dancing for example, to try and meet women. He said he absolutely hated it but kept at it on the possibility that he might meet someone. I think its best to do things you actually enjoy, but if that doesn't work, where do you go from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Tinder!!

So i'm told.

Tinder or any other online service only works if you've Ryan Gosling/George Clooney looks.
    Even you've a nice personality, looks will be the first thing everyone see (especially Tinder).

or maybe that only happens to me *lay down and cry*

Good luck for your your quest :) and keep us in the loop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Girls are everywhere... you just need to approach them. See one you like the look of, go say hello, strike up a conversation... Eventually you are bound to find one that likes you back :p

Girls are everywhere... you just need to approach them. See one you like the look of, go say hello, strike up a conversation... Eventually you are bound to find one that likes you back :p

Would that work in Tesco though?

• Advertisement

Would that work in Tesco though?

Why not?

He reaches for a ready meal for one... She reaches for a ready meal for one... their hands brush off each other... There is a spark... Suddenly its heating up in the refrigerator isle :p

Why not?

He reaches for a ready meal for one... She reaches for a ready meal for one... their hands brush off each other... There is a spark... Suddenly its heating up in the refrigerator isle :p

Sounds like a storyline from Fair City. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

OP. Why dont you say to some of the guys after football in the showers you like their ass would they have a sister / mother with similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Ballroom dancing classes. Often full of bridesmaids-to-be, and an extra man is usually very popular indeed.

Sounds like a storyline from Fair City. :D

That storyline is too good for Fair City :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was shopping at Tesco recently.
    I pick up a 1L of skim milk, 1 loaf of wheat bread, 6 eggs, a pack of Taytos, 1 frozen pizza and a small bottle of coke.
    I head to the checkout line.

A really cute blonde girl sits at the till. "You must be single" she says.
    Thinking she might be flirting I says, "Yes I am. How could you tell?".
    "Because you're ugly".

biko wrote: »
    I pick up a 1L of skim milk, 1 loaf of wheat bread, 6 eggs, a pack of Taytos, 1 frozen pizza and a small bottle of coke.

"Because you're ugly".

Brilliant :D

I LOL'd with extra L!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

OP - if you want to chat with single, flirty, like-minded women, call party line on 1890 555 727. They're waiting for your call.
    (2.95 per min.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"Because you're ugly".

It's much better when Jimmy carr says it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Don't be nice though, be kinda mysterious and you'll be knee deep in girl's before you know it.

Don't you mean elbow deep?

Or have I been married too long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Tinder

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

myshirt wrote: »
    Don't you mean elbow deep?

Or have I been married too long?

No, no - the mysterious act only gets you as far as knee deep. Getting them all the way up to the elbow takes much more work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Originally posted by biko:

"Because you're ugly".

Definitely, unmistakeably, this counts as foreplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Maybe a dating forum is in the future for boards lol

Well there IS an online dating forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Women want you to be a proper man.Assertive,decisive,leading her,being slightly aggressive when it comes to achieving your life goals.They don't want weak,overly polite,unsure and overly passive guys.The best advice I can give you is to "man-up." Be more authoritative and more sure of yourself.They want a guy who can look after them,take control of his own life and who can protect them.Think of leading men in movies,characters played by Bruce Willis,Tom Cruise and Tom Hardy.You don't have to be muscle-bound or 7 feet tall to be the kind of man a woman wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Try the laundrette

It was only a matter of time before someone used the phrase "Man Up." :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

"Because you're ugly".

And your reply...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Had no idea lol

• Advertisement

Yeah but you have to be here at least 3 months before you can use the shagging thing. :mad:

Advertisement