Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to meet girls??

Options
  • 03-11-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi ive been single over 2 years now. Been struggling to meet girls. I could go out on town and drink a few pints. I'd normally have no major problems meeting a girl and when I get on well with them exchange numbers and what not. Nothing would ever really move forward afterwards though. A couple of texts would be the height of it.
    I'd have no interest in going to pubs/clubs anymore. Most friends have moved on and are married or gone abroad.
    I've tried online and at the start I thought it would be easier to meet girls that way but really I actually think it seems to be much harder to meet someone here.
    I just feel I've exasperated all avenues and just feel like giving up.
    Meeting someone at work is not really an option. And my hobbies are taken up playing mens team sports so I wouldn't be going to gym or anything like that.
    Does anyone else feel like this?I really can't think of anywhere else I can meet someone. Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,126 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

AH answer - In before someone says Coppers....

Serious answer - Evening courses?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Dating site if you are good looking otherwise don't bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

top_dog wrote: »
    And my hobbies are taken up playing mens team sports

Fnarr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

Hi ive been single over 2 years now. Been struggling to meet girls. I could go out on town and drink a few pints. I'd normally have no major problems meeting a girl and when I get on well with them exchange numbers and what not. Nothing would ever really move forward afterwards though. A couple of texts would be the height of it.
    I'd have no interest in going to pubs/clubs anymore. Most friends have moved on and are married or gone abroad.
    I've tried online and at the start I thought it would be easier to meet girls that way but really I actually think it seems to be much harder to meet someone here.
    Meeting someone at work is not really an option. And my hobbies are taken up playing mens team sports so I wouldn't be going to gym or anything like that.
    Does anyone else feel like this?I really can't think of anywhere else I can meet someone. Anybody have any ideas?

why not? are you being too laid back? if so, its up to you to make her want to meet with you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Didn't you hear?

The girls have all flown south for the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

Facebook. Add loads of girls and the start chatting to them on the chat thingy.

Don't be nice though, be kinda mysterious and you'll be knee deep in girl's before you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They seems to congregate in female toilets, try there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

4chan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Seems like you have tried most routes. Hang in there OP, best of luck with whatever you end up doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Funerals, emotions are all over the place and you can normally score some 2 or 3 points above your grade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Computer science lectures. B!tches love computer science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Outside the convent at 3.30 p.m. most days. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

scudzilla wrote: »
    Funerals, emotions are all over the place and you can normally score some 2 or 3 points above your grade

True dat

From my extensive experience of watching soaps like Eastenders and Fair City I know that if the OP put his arm around a girl to comfort her she will immediately go to bed with him

Non - AH answer: All the wimmins these days go to tango dancing. It's very popular! And they would prefer to practice with you OP then their friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Tinder!!

So i'm told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

scudzilla wrote: »

Damn you Rodger! Dammit! Damn youuu!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I am reliably told that there are hot single girls in your area now just waiting for your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Bingo halls for the more mature ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

My daughter is in the same boat. Do you want a go of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op you say most friends have wifes/ girlfriends that sounds like a good place to start find one you like and rob them off your friend like Simon Cowell did oh get her pregnant also then you have a keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Strongframe

OP if you want to get good at online game with the likes of tinder I'd purchase "Execute the program". It comprehensively details how to set up your profile and how to interact with women on such platforms including what to do when meeting in real life.

Have a look at this clip below.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

One pice of advice OP, ignore the sh*t above about "executing the program" or whatever else b*llocks it's called. These aggressive pickup type things are simply another thing designed to fleece you for money, a bit like the 7 minute ab devices you see on late night TV. Except they also encourage you to become a massive bell-end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What's with these lonely hearts threads recently?

Half the species is female - it does not sound like meeting women is your problem. You are getting their number? I can honestly say that has never happened to me on a night out in such a way. I usually have to meet people numerous times before they really share contact details with me. So something about you is already doing ok.

So your problem is really more related to following up - not meeting them. What is it you feel you have to offer girls exactly - and how do you feel you are failing to get this information across entirely?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If it hasn't been said already, if you want to meet good girls try a church or library. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sports clubs, tennis, badmington, wrestling whatever you like - you'll allready find a girl with common interests.

Mt. Pleasent tennis club is supposed to be good social club.

Go with prostitutes, you will have a better piece of mind, be able to continue to enjoy playing sports and have far more money in the bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

Try coffee shops or go to gigs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sports clubs, tennis, badmington, wrestling whatever you like - you'll allready find a girl with common interests.

Mt. Pleasent tennis club is supposed to be good social club.

Tennis, yea some of those are hot as fúck.
    You don't want to be messing around with some hairy ass steroid addict wrestling "lady" whose dick is bigger than yours though, Well I don't, but if you do, then juice up and wrestle them right out of those oversized knickers tiger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Most of the PUA stuff I've seen talks about women as if they are machines who simply need to be "programmed" in a certain way by using a certain set of words or actions in order to get the desired result. Instead of just having a conversation or a good time with a given woman, they're rolling out a barrage of 'tricks' with the sole intention of eventually 'pushing her switch' so she agrees to f*ck them in the end.

It's weird. And a tad creepy as well. Personally I'd find it a small bit odd that men are consulting books and videos in order to develop a "game" before they go out for a drink with someone.

Advertisement