Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Dilemma?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

op dose any one actually give a dam how many friends you have on face book so dont lose any sleep over it I know people who would accept any tom dick or harry. if this is the only dilemma you have in life you will be very lucky

You can add me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

what dilemma? fcuk FB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'll be honest...
    Before Facebook got popular and while bebo was still on top. I got sucked into the whole "if my page has low number of friends I come off as a loner" type mentality. I was young, stupid and naive. But I grew up.

When you think about social media it really is a load of crud. People are just projecting themselves because there was a time when going out to a pub with your mates was to have fun and get drunk. Now it's to take pictures and project this 'fun' social life you got.

It's all just one big stupid game. All projecting your actual life into something more than it's not. Geez, I think Facebook should have the slogan of "keeping up with the jones" - But even then you can't blame Facebook or any other website. It's people.

Same people who go nuts to buy a 600 euro phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I don't let my friends number go over 150. I delete people if I'm at 150 and have someone new to add. People can't see who in friends with either. So what, it's none of their business anyway.

I'm pretty much the same. If I notice I go above 150 I go through the list and unfriend anyone I wouldn't say hello to if I passed them on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Probably one of the saddest threads on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If this is the type of stuff you worry about OP you must live a very stress free life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

o1s1n wrote: »
    If this is the type of stuff you worry about OP you must live a very stress free life.

you're lucky, you probably get poked a few times a day. Your friends probably tend to your farmville when you're at work. WHAT ABOUT THOSE OF US WHO DON'T HAVE THIS??!??!?!?!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time. If someone wants to get a hold of me, they just say 'Mitch,' and I say 'what?' and turn my head slightly.

The one and only Mitch Hedberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Lapin wrote: »
    I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time. If someone wants to get a hold of me, they just say 'Mitch,' and I say 'what?' and turn my head slightly.

The one and only Mitch Hedberg.

"and then they say, Mitch, would you ever fvck off, I'm trying to have a ****e"

• Advertisement

I have zero Facebook friends.

I have real life friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Facebook's done, outside of the chat hardly anyone still uses it nowadays and even then most people will just use whatsapp and Snapchat plus sites like Instagram and twitter. Notice more and more people deleting/deactivating their accounts in the last few months, heading towards doing it myself I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Facebook's done, outside of the chat hardly anyone still uses it nowadays and even then most people will just use whatsapp and Snapchat plus sites like Instagram and twitter. Notice more and more people deleting/deactivating their accounts in the last few months, heading towards doing it myself I'd say.

You see that's not actually true. It may be in your case but certainly not mine or my friends who still regularly use it. I'd imagine it's age dependent. I don't use snapchat because frankly it's childish crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have only 50 friends on Facebook and even then I think I need to do a clean up. What's the point of having people on your Facebook that you don't really know well or even want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have just over 1000 friends on Facebook.
    A good few are college friends and school friends and a smaller amount of family and some friends I've grown up with all my life. The majority (about half) are from an organisation I'm involved in. We usually only see each other physically a few times a year so its an easy way of staying in touch. Some of those are not really good friends but we get along and have something in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

If you care about such things - spend an hour or two adding complete strangers. These days - about half of everyone you request will add you.

UCDVet wrote: »
    If you care about such things - spend an hour or two adding complete strangers. These days - about half of everyone you request will add you.

Sometimes happens but I don't think its ok to add just anybody. There are some people I come into contact with professionally and I don't really think its appropriate to contact them via Facebook

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How are your boobs electric?

are friends electric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cloud493's Facebook friends - zero, since I deleted Facebook when I copped onto the fact its a ****e **** contest for teenagers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

bluewolf wrote: »
    are friends electric
    moderators can get away with being trolls!!??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

how is that trolling? :confused:

moderators can get away with being trolls!!??
    Grow a sense of humour will you?

bluewolf wrote: »
    how is that trolling? :confused:
    well it's silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

well it's silly

As is the OP

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    As is the OP
    You have been issued a warning