Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 transfers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

I have three options. Two FTs, 0.7 in the bank:

1) ADM out for Sanchez in a straight swap. I can then swap Sterling to Chadli or Barkley with the 8.6 I get from selling him.
    2) Sterling out for Sanchez, Sig out for a 5.2 mid
    3) Sterling out for Sanchez, Pelle out for Berahino

My squad is:

Forster/Heaton
    Clyne/Chambers/Taylor/Duff/Moore
    ADM/Fabregas/Sterling/Sigurdsson/Boyd
    Aguero/Costa/Pelle

Any advice is appreciated!
    Good to see you got Chambers in yesterday.

You're welcome. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Welbeck or Terry out. Will wait to end of the week to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Costa is going. Moving to a 3-5-2 strikeforce instead. Downing, Sanchez and Berahino more than likely coming in. Unless I go super cheap for the 3rd striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

damn u alexissssssssssssss

costa-->rooney
    welbeck-->austin
    sterling-->sanchez

for a -8

have to do it tonight or won't be able to afford it

thoughts? sanchez is looking pretty essential, and this is the only way i can do it and still be reasonably happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sterling to Downing is done.
    1 FT left and 3.9m in the bank. My inital plan was Wellbeck to Costa but now looking at Sanchez.
    I have ADM and Fab as my other main midfielders, would do Siggy to Sanchez but would need to take a hit to get more money in (Moreno to Chambers would be the move).
    At the same time I really don't want Chambers, Sanchez and Wellbeck in my team (especially Wellbeck) so I am definitely conflicted.

Will wait to see if there are injuries in the other games I suppose, but all the time, chambers and Sanchez will be getting more expensive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Finally took a hit and got Moreno out, what a mistake he was.
    Went for Chambers, Arsenal have decent fixtures so hoping for a couple of CS. Can only do better than Moreno.

Got Sanchez in too, Got rid of Siggy. Can see him dropping in price quite soon.

Sill enough in the bank for Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Opinions please.
    Welbeck
    > Zamora
    Siggy
    > Sanchez

for a -4
    No wiggle room for price.

Good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'm going to be forced into using my wildcard , really need to get rid of naismith,cork and bruce.

Squeezing rooney in is my priority , sacrificing cesc or costa is a must but i think a rooney and di maria combo could see me nicely through the next few gw's.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Current squad:
    Forster
    Baines, Kaboul, Bertrand
    ADM, Siggy, Hazard (c), Sterling
    Aguero, Welbeck, Pelle

Subs: Myhill, Wisdom, Obertan, Dummett

I have 2 FTs. So I'm thinking about:
    Sterling, Siggy, Welbeck -> OUT
    Sanchez, Downing, Sakho -> IN

What do you think? WHU has decent fixtures in coming weeks. A question is how long Sakho is going to pause (I cant afford E. Valencia).

Liverpool is sharpless unless Sturridge is back after international break. Swansea is going to have a hard opponents (Siggy). And Welbeck is... He hasn't convinced me enough to keep him for following weeks.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm going to be forced into using my wildcard , really need to get rid of naismith,cork and bruce.

Squeezing rooney in is my priority , sacrificing cesc or costa is a must but i think a rooney and di maria combo could see me nicely through the next few gw's.

Your username would suggest that you are putting your heart before your head;). I can't see a situation right now where two united players will give you value for 20m. Asking for trouble IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Your username would suggest that you are putting your heart before your head;). I can't see a situation right now where two united players will give you value for 20m. Asking for trouble IMO

haha i know but trust me its not the case, united will score goals and I feel those two will be at the centre of everything happening attack wise.

Both dominate set pieces too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

km79 wrote: »
    I'm selling wellbeck and Costa :D

I've calmed down a bit now but it's still coming down to Costa or Sanchez for me. I think Costa has to go.

I'll be taking a 4 point hit tonight. 8 if I decide I now want Chambers but I'll almost definitely not buy Chambers for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

RossieMan wrote: »
    Finally took a hit and got Moreno out, what a mistake he was.
    Went for Chambers, Arsenal have decent fixtures so hoping for a couple of CS. Can only do better than Moreno.

Got Sanchez in too, Got rid of Siggy. Can see him dropping in price quite soon.

Sill enough in the bank for Costa.

Moreno got off to a great start, no more than Dier, so it was a reflex transfer to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just did Siggy and ADM out, Sanchez and Downing in. Normally I would never dream of making transfers until all the PL and European games are out of the way but had no spare funds and the price rises those two will accumulate over the week would have meant I wouldn't be able to do it if I left them until Friday night. Happy to finally have Sanchez in my team. He will be joined by Walcott as soon as he's starting games.

Opinions now that whole team is shown?

Good idea or bad to go from this
    fb87107c217bbcbc4b4873fc8c6bd579.png

to this for a -4 (2FT)
    99affc07cb11b0a49f3c675bb802d608.png

I can't not have Pelle for Leicester next weekend.
    Sanchez can be sold for Walcott when he's back in full swing.
    I'll address the Welbeck issue another time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Nib wrote: »
    Good to see you got Chambers in yesterday.

You're welcome. :pac:

Yep, I must say that was some cracking advice. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yes, everyone bring in Downing :).

Can't do Sanchez in for free so might just let him wait until after the international break. Would give Welbeck some more time in that case (he loves playing Swansea) and have no problem playing Cesc+Hazard against Liverpool's defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Siggy & Sturridge out for Sanchez and.. Milner.

This leaves me 0.0 in the bank so I'll have to do it tonight before any price changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Siggy & Blackett out Chambers & Downing in

Yes, everyone bring in Downing :).

He's the best option for some.
    I want Sanchez and Pelle in. 0.2 short of that so need to take a hit. Siggy - Downing allow these transfers for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A real headache for GW11. I have 2 FTs but I can't get Sanchez in for Sterling without making a second move that I wouldn't be happy with. My plan in recent weeks was to bring Walcott in when he came back but the form of Sanchez is twisting my arm on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Thinking of Sterling and Siggy out and Fabregas and Downing in.

Would leave me with a midfield of ADM Diane and Schniederlin along with Fabregas and Downing.

Should I pull the trigger or wait for Walcott?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

G1032 wrote: »
    He's the best option for some.
    I want Sanchez and Pelle in. 0.2 short of that so need to take a hit. Siggy - Downing allow these transfers for me.

I brought him in for Siggy yesterday and now want the price rises ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Moreno and Weimann out and Chambers and Berahino in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:

Forster Elliott
    Wisdom Chambers Kaboul Naylor Moore
    Siggy Sterling Di Maria Fab Marney
    Costa Aguero Pelle
    1 mil banked.

I'm 0.2 short of Sterling and Siggy to Downing and Sanchez.

The only other transfer I could do is Kaboul to a 4 mil cheapie and Sterling to Sanchez. That'll leave me back in the realm of 3 four mil defenders though.

How close is Santon to a return? I'd probably go with Dummett. Not sure it's worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Alcarez will be out for a while with a shoulder injury lads. Possibly til Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Need to get Sanchez in tonight for Sterling in 2 moves. Any suggestions?

3318af065271d4a88ad0ec22da61d858.png

Sterling -> Sanchez

Then it's either moving Costa or Pelle to Sakho/Berinho/Austin from what I can see.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. :)

I brought him in for Siggy yesterday and now want the price rises ;)

Oh, you're going to get them alright

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paully D wrote: »
    Need to get Sanchez in tonight for Sterling in 2 moves. Any suggestions?

3318af065271d4a88ad0ec22da61d858.png

Sterling -> Sanchez

Then it's either moving Costa or Pelle to Sakho/Berinho/Austin from what I can see.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. :)

That's the most obvious one to me Paully, but if you want to hold onto Costa and Pelle (before Leicester) then a slightly crazier move could be to downgrade Baines...

Costa will plummet this week I think, especially if Rooney scores. If I had him I'd get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've decided now I am not getting Sanchez..... I missed his points so now I need to catch the next person to have a big haul with relatively low ownership
    I'm thinking hazard and / or Rooney!
    I have 2 free transfers .......
    I could go sterling to downing and wellbeck to Rooney.....leaves me light in modfiel but a front line of aguero Rooney and Costa..........
    I am fearful of hazard as well though so other option is well beck to sahko (if fit) and sterling to hazard. option then for -4 to do Costa to Rooney
    nothing being done till after tomorrow obviously but what ye think

Advertisement