Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Toyota Corolla won't start

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Well I've read many times that most fuel injected cars have a "clear flood" mode. That you turn off the ignition, depress the accelerator to the floor. Then turn on the ignition and crank the car. This actives clear flood mode and the car won't start, but clears the flood. I tried it in my own corolla last night and it did start. Tried jous method too with the clutch fully depressed but it also started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Depressed clutch make cranking easier - you just crank engine, but without gearbox. No rocket science at all. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I always start my car in neutral out of habit :)

Advertisement