Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poppy

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭purplepanda

The amount of passengers wearing poppies on my weekday commute across Central London to Kensington & back is less than one in ten over the last 5 days. I would assume the numbers over the weekend commemoration events in London are much higher than this.

And I was wearing a shamrock poppy on my travels. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That sounds like one of those snippets of "historical fact" spread around in Britain.

Similiar to how the Germans re-fueled in Ireland during WW2 and another was how the German navy did in WW1, until it was pointed out that Britain occupied Ireland during WW1 so it was impossible!

They don't actually get educated properly in general and in history like we do so they believe these nonsense facts.

Think about it, how would German soldiers know the politics and genealogy of a Scottish football club while they were in the trenches?

Yes most captured men were taken to POW camps anyway, the Germans had a good rep for following the POW rules.

Advertisement