Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vapefest Ireland 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

masonchat wrote: »
    Fill the orchid same as the kayfun top fil , cover air holes with fingers appling pressure , fill nearly all the way up leave like 5ml down from the top, start to screw on the top , when top is halfway on invert tank keeping fingers on air holes and finish screwing on the top , no leakes great tank
    Tried that. Leaked out of both ends.
    Perhaps I filled it too high though. Also, the wicking is a real precise art, it really shouldn't be that difficult.
    Still, once you get it to work, its a superb vape.
    Yes, better than a Kayfun IMO.
    But for ease of build and filling, the Kayfun has it on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Didihno wrote: »
    Perhaps I filled it too high though. Also, the wicking is a real precise art, it really shouldn't be that difficult.

I over filled it the first time resulting in excess juice escaping around top cap , need to leave few mm free 3-4mm.

As far as the rest goes i have filled it about 7 times now and not a hint of a leak are you sure you are doing the topfill right ? keeping fingers tight over both air holes all the time, and turning it upside down , wait for couple of seconds then finish screwing on top cap while still upside down with you fingers still applying pressure over air holes, then upturn it and release fingers.

im not sure how much correct wicking would effect leaking, but i did ensure to put some cotton in the downward juice wells never a dry hit leak or flooding , the only drawback for me is the screw are a bit weak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Some great video of vapefest at the start of last nights Haze Hour! Go on see if you can spot yourself :)

20 min in for the vid, the rest of the show is well worth watching too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

So did you try it in the Kayfun :-)
    You gave me that bottle though! (sitting at the tall table)
    I'm going to rebuild a kayfun tonight especially for it.

I rebuilt the orchid clone and when i refilled it, it leaked through air holes , i emptied it and filled it again, and same the second time , so i tried for a third time and yet again it leaked , BUT

I think i have a solution , when i filled it and it started to leak i wiped away liquid and gave it a few decent vapes straight away and this has stopped the leaking for me every time since , i dont know why but it does

• Advertisement

JH_raheny wrote: »
    So did you try it in the Kayfun :-)

No I put it in a dripper though, lovely fruity mix, really well done. Ribena city!

I rebuilt the orchid clone and when i refilled it, it leaked through air holes , i emptied it and filled it again, and same the second time , so i tried for a third time and yet again it leaked , BUT

I think i have a solution , when i filled it and it started to leak i wiped away liquid and gave it a few decent vapes straight away and this has stopped the leaking for me every time since , i dont know why but it does
    I have this problem sorted. When filling I use the screw port but I also unscrew the base until it breaks the seal. Fill right up and vape immediately to create vacuum. Sorted. There is a different matter now though, Damn wick burnt clean through, vapourised within the coil. Could possibly be the clone hana mod, it's as if it's not wicking fast enough. Shouldn't happen with ko gen do, it's never happened with the kayfuns.

I have this problem sorted. When filling I use the screw port but I also unscrew the base until it breaks the seal. Fill right up and vape immediately to create vacuum. Sorted. There is a different matter now though, Damn wick burnt clean through, vapourised within the coil. Could possibly be the clone hana mod, it's as if it's not wicking fast enough. Shouldn't happen with ko gen do, it's never happened with the kayfuns.

You are probably vaping the orchid at a lower omhs than your kayfun though ?
    i do my coils for it at 2mm and make sure cotton is not too tight in coils .4omhs with some cotton going down into juice wells.

Maybe start off at lower watts, hope you get it sorted , trial and error i guess :(

You are probably vaping the orchid at a lower omhs than your kayfun though ?
    i do my coils for it at 2mm and make sure cotton is not too tight in coils .4omhs with some cotton going down into juice wells.

Maybe start off at lower watts, hope you get it sorted , trial and error i guess :(
    Yes its built at .8 or .9 ohms.
    I use the koh gen do stuff and it pulls freely through the coil so I'm not sure how tight that is (like when using ordinary cotton its easy to tell how tight it is, it would just pull the coil with it!).

Advertisement