Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vapefest Ireland 2014

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:26pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heading to VapeFest in a little over two weeks?

this is just a thread to let people on here know about it, as i haven't seen it posted.

Lots going on this year, going to be a great day.

www.vapefestireland.com

November 15th, Lucan Spa Hotel, Co.Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Its going to be amazing!

The raffle prizes look awesome!

Needless to say I will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

It's been a lot of work getting this years event setup, but I promise it will be an amazing day!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Vape on friends...

Vape on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

didn't know about this, defo going

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Yup. See you all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hoping to get their, long drive this time but you know..vapefest.
    Boards table this year? or has facebook replace boards?

Had to register for one of the T shirts couldn't help myself :-)

:D

This is the official Vapefest Ireland thread

Any questions or comments you have please leave them below :)

So, we're very excited about Vapefest Ireland in a couple of weeks.

30 plus vendors from Ireland & the UK and 2 MONSTER raffles this year, we wanted to start the party early!

We've put a video together to get everyone in the Vapefest mood and we thought, let’s make a competition out of this! So, with thanks to Cigatec Ireland, we have a sweet prize up for grabs. 5 premium liquids from the Five Pawns Mixology Range worth €150!

***Click the link below and follow the instructions***

Help us spread the word and reach out to as many as we can. Lets get this party started! See you at Vapefest!

Five Pawn's Giveaway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

One week to go!
    We are totting up the raffle prizes. It's in the high thousands folks.
    We have a ton of eliquid, literally.
    Samples on hand throughout the day from Craft Vapes (USA), Oil Company (USA), Decadent (UK), T-Juice (UK), Cloud 9 (UK), BioFumo (IRL) Atmos, and many more. We have juice for everyone. And that doesn't necessarily include the vendor booths themselves, where there are hundreds more options from Irish and UK retailers.

Decadent Vapours will be there to mix up free eliquid samples for you.
    T-Juice/Halcyon Haze will have free juice for the day.
    ifancyone have a cool Wheel of Fortune; get a spin for freebies with every sale at their booth.
    Abstract Vape will have loads of bespoke wooden mod stands to house your gear. If you have more than 5 mods or attys, (lets face it, we all do) you owe it to yourself to put em in a nice wooden stand.
    Vaper Holster will be there with their leather mod holders, (which I didn't realise how handy they were until I got one).
    Shaun from Phoenix eliquids & El Science in the UK will be in attendance to give you the low down on everything thing contained in eliquid. Molecular level stuff. He's putting his 2 PHDs to good use testing eliquid from all over Europe so no better man to ask if you had any questions. Check him out at the Phoenix booth.
    Vaporium, one of the largest retailers of eliquid in Ireland will be there, now's your chance to try that flavour that you were looking at online and wondering what the fuss is about. They have a cloud comp also at their booth at 3pm.

We have a Juice Bar this year on rotation, every 30 minutes it will be curated by a different vendor showcasing their favourite eliquids. It's a great opportunity to sample new flavours from these vendors. We will have drippers on hand to make sure you lose none of that flavour! If you haven't used a dripper or other tanks it will be a great opportunity to try that also.

We have 2 mixing workshops hosted by mixologist Luke Bolch from Decadent. He knows his stuff.

We have so many prizes that we are having 2 monster raffles. One at 2pm and the other at 6pm. Raffle tickets will be split into beginner raffle prizes and advance raffle prizes to make sure everyone gets what they want. We're talking, Axis Mods, Hana Modz, Provari P3's, Vaporsharks, iSticks, Hyperions, eVic Supremes, Tanks, Hellfire attys (new dripper potentially making an appearance at Vapefest Ireland 2014). List is pretty huge. Check it here: http://www.vapefestireland.com/raffle-prizes/

We have a bring a fried incentive where if you bring a current smoker along you'll both get free juice courtesy of Cloud 9 Vaping and Bio Fumo. (more details on this next week - strictly limited offer!). We REALLY want smokers to come this year and hopefully lead them into a smoke free 2015. So, please encourage your friends, work colleagues, family members to attend. It is 100% free, with freebies throughout the day.

If you have time, we would really appreciate you printing a poster and sticking it up on your work notice board or local shop (inside a premise only, outdoor posters are a no go). Here is a link to the posters for print: http://www.vapefestireland.com/vapefest-posters-printing/

The limited edition tees are almost sold out but you can snag a pre-order here before we close it off on Monday at 2pm: http://www.vapefestireland.com/vapefest-ireland-tee-shirt-pre-order/

Safe to say, I'm looking forward to this! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

How much are the raffles tickets?

€5 per ticket or 5 tickets for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cheers, the prizes look amazing. Looks like it's worth going for the freebies and raffle alone (!), though the vendor list is impressive too.

Good opportunity to try all these liquids you hear about but dont want to risk forking out for a 30ml bottle of something you might'nt like.

The shirts look cool too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

will vendors be doing "on the day" specials does anybody know?

quintron;
    If you have time, we would really appreciate you printing a poster and sticking it up on your work notice board or local shop (inside a premise only, outdoor posters are a no go). Here is a link to the posters for print: http://www.vapefestireland.com/vapef...ters-printing/

Is their a reason for this? It's much harder to get local shops to display inside and the supermarkets cut yo down to postcard sized thingies.

Hi Tommy. Yes, the reason is that local councils can, and will fine for any unauthorized exterior fixings, including posters. Its under the littering laws. I learned the hard way many years ago. Even with permission from a site owner, if the poster falls off, for whatever reason, it becomes 'litter', and every piece of litter equates to a fine of €125 (in Dublin city for example). So, the potential for fines are huge, we have literally no money. We couldn't contest anything, Councils usually don't listen in any case, because litter is litter, damage is done. It comes back on the hotel, and consequently us. etc. Hope that makes sense. Long gone are the days of postering all over the place. But we appreciate what anyone can do!!

Quick walk-through of Vapefest Ireland 2014 posted here. Lots happening on Saturday! If you have a significant other who doesn't vape, drop them at Liffey Valley Shopping centre and head over! It's a win win! :)

http://www.vapefestireland.com/news/vapefest-2014-walkthrough/

quintron wrote: »
    Hi Tommy. Yes, the reason is that local councils can, and will fine for any unauthorized exterior fixings, including posters. Its under the littering laws. I learned the hard way many years ago. Even with permission from a site owner, if the poster falls off, for whatever reason, it becomes 'litter', and every piece of litter equates to a fine of €125 (in Dublin city for example). So, the potential for fines are huge, we have literally no money. We couldn't contest anything, Councils usually don't listen in any case, because litter is litter, damage is done. It comes back on the hotel, and consequently us. etc. Hope that makes sense. Long gone are the days of postering all over the place. But we appreciate what anyone can do!!

Ahh ok so inside the window or in a display case like some centers have is k just not plastering the place with bills. I had some idea it might be some extreme advertising ban. My misunderstanding.

Euro Fred wrote: »
    will vendors be doing "on the day" specials does anybody know?
    Yes! The free brochure you get on arrival has offers by vendor in it. And I know that Decadent Vapours and Emporium Vapour are both doing deals on mixing kits. Lots of offers and special discount codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

quintron wrote: »
    Yes! The free brochure you get on arrival has offers by vendor in it. And I know that Decadent Vapours and Emporium Vapour are both doing deals on mixing kits. Lots of offers and special discount codes.

cheers, i have a bit of a shopping list on the go!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 fayvirtue

Looks like a great time ! I'm hoping to fit it in my schedule and find some long lost relatives in Dublin at the same time.

We will be doing a special on long lost relatives over by the Juice Bar.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Will be dropping into this myself and hopefully bringing along a potential vaper. Hopefully there's a big crowd, looks like a great effort was put into organising it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The team behind this years event have been amazing, the work put in is brilliant, really looking forward to the show, see you all on Saturday! :)

Get those coils ready for the Cloud Competition!

Bump 2 top

See you there tomorrow, bring some smoker friends and let's convert them :-)

The excitement is building here folks, only a few hours left until doors open !

F0c4aem.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I can't make it,but let me know how everything went,have a good day...

Just back from vape fest, very well organised and great set up, hand full of free juices too, if anyone walked out of there without at least 30 ml of free juice then they did something wrong, the vendors were all very generous and very friendly, big pat on the shoulder to the guy who started it all 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Some nice juices to be had, some great discounts got an iStick for 30 quid. Only bad thing was they could have done with more space loads of people there and I found it hard to get to some of the tables.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really enjoyable couple of hours, definitely worth the trip up. Bigger venue needed next year!

Advertisement