Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When logos/branding go wrong

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

youtheman wrote: »
    My son was eating breakfast one day and the Sunday paper was on the table beside him. He said 'Dad, do you see anything wrong with that advertisment ?'. Hadn't noticed it myself but when it was pointed out I thought , wtf, do they not get people to proof read these things before they go to print !!!!

OK I'll bite, whats wrong with it? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Mitisubishi Pajero. wanker in Spanish, was quickly renamed montero in Spanish speaking countries.

Mazda La Puta, the whore in Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭youtheman

Chunners wrote: »

Its a fancy mathematical equation. But 'Capability' and 'Committment' are UNDER the line. So it says the LESS Capable and Committed you are the MORE successful you are, and vice versa. And many people might miss that, including the bright spark who drafted the add in the first place. But you'd think an organisation such as Deloitte would have copped it before they went to print.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

Its a fancy mathematical equation. But 'Capability' and 'Committment' are UNDER the line. So it says the LESS Capable and Committed you are the MORE successful you are, and vice versa. And many people might miss that, including the bright spark who drafted the add in the first place. But you'd think an organisation such as Deloitte would have copped it before they went to print.

No it means that Success = the square root of (Strategy divided by Capability and Committment)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

0O0 wrote: »
    No it means that Success = the square root of (Strategy divided by Capability and Committment)

It's still incorrect. Poster above is right, you're not.

• Advertisement

Sorry you lost me after "it's"

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Mitusubishi Pajero never ceases to amuse Spaniards when they come here, Pajero is w*nker in Spanish...might be apt for some drivers.

Sorry you lost me after "it's"

It's a maths equation. Its says, for example, that you can double your success by being 1/4 as capable, i.e. replace capable people with idiots.

Might work is some organisations (maybe !!!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Not branding as such but this was funny...

http://www.dailyedge.ie/super-valu-bastard-turkey-1728075-Oct2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Mitisubishi Pajero. wanker in Spanish, was quickly renamed montero in Spanish speaking countries.

Mazda La Puta, the whore in Spanish.

Similarly that's why the Nova was only called so in the UK and then called Corsa elsewhere. Nova in spanish, don't go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

The Dacia Duster has to be the worst named car ever.
    'What car do you drive?'

'I drive a Duster'........hardly Spartacus

Fiolina wrote: »

Ha brilliant :D

It's a maths equation. Its says, for example, that you can double your success by being 1/4 as capable, i.e. replace capable people with idiots.

Might work is some organisations (maybe !!!!!!)

No offense but being able to work that out at a glance does nothing to increase your "coolness factor" :pac:

the_it_crowd_moss.jpg

No offense but being able to work that out at a glance does nothing to increase your "coolness factor" :pac:

the_it_crowd_moss.jpg

Tell me about it .................... as the song goes "cause you'll always find me in the kitchen at parties ".

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

First thing I noticed was the closing date for entries being last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

smash wrote: »

No, not his work. It was self created.

The logo came about totally out of the blue.

It's not my fault, in the words of Lady Gaga "I was born this way". lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Karsini wrote: »
    EE probably shouldn't set up shop in Ireland, their 4GEE network would get a lot of laughs I'm sure. :pac:

That reminds me of the Chinese "Gee Bag" brand. They couldnt understand why Irish people liked the page so much and took the piss.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Seen this at the top of the page here yesterday, at first glance (well to me anyway) it looks like he's giving her the finger :D

thefinger_zps9e6be29f.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

That reminds me of the Chinese "Gee Bag" brand. They couldnt understand why Irish people liked the page so much and took the piss.

I only realised this was Geeeee not Jeeee.... I really need to start paying attention....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Wang Laboratories a computer manufacturer went on an advertising run with the the slogan

Wang Cares.

Needless to day it didn't run for long.

Advertisement