Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelee The Banana Girl

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

JJayoo wrote: »
    Retired man moved to Thailand for the fruit...... yes that is the reason
    Fruit of the loin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I'm still confused about them tbh. They are still as healthy and lean as ever (her and Durian Rider) but I still cannot see how eating all that fruit can be good long term. But then I don't think she's eats fatty fruit e.g. Avocados and I think her diet she fairly low fat. So is she healthy because she has basically just stuck to simple sugars and carbohydrates (high carbohydrates, low fat) just like another person would do high protein low carbohydrates? Their lifestyle seems more sustainable though (because eating mostly a lot of protein can leave you constipated like with ketosis). Maybe it's a case of choosing on eor the other or else if you have both you gain weight. Maybe neither are wrong; they just work in their own ways. I don't know but I'm baffled as to how they stay as healthy and lean as they do and have done eating fruit (which people are told to limit when losing weight)since sugar and carbohydrates have been very much deemed the reason for the obesity epidemic. har freelee has done blood tests and shown them and her blood tests are really good, no deficiencies or high sugar readings. I'm not supporting anyone just generally curious? :confused: I'm not more enlightened as to how this works since I started this thread!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

I'm still confused about them tbh. They are still as healthy and lean as ever (her and Durian Rider) but I still cannot see how eating all that fruit can be good long term. But then I don't think she's eats fatty fruit e.g. Avocados and I think her diet she fairly low fat. So is she healthy because she has basically just stuck to simple sugars and carbohydrates (high carbohydrates, low fat) just like another person would do high protein low carbohydrates? Their lifestyle seems more sustainable though (because eating mostly a lot of protein can leave you constipated like with ketosis). Maybe it's a case of choosing on eor the other or else if you have both you gain weight. Maybe neither are wrong; they just work in their own ways. I don't know but I'm baffled as to how they stay as healthy and lean as they do and have done eating fruit (which people are told to limit when losing weight)since sugar and carbohydrates have been very much deemed the reason for the obesity epidemic. har freelee has done blood tests and shown them and her blood tests are really good, no deficiencies or high sugar readings. I'm not supporting anyone just generally curious? :confused: I'm not more enlightened as to how this works since I started this thread!:P

Yeah she doesn't eat much avocados. She keeps the fat below 10% which is what many doctors recommend such as Dr john Mcdougall, Dr Neal Barnard who is the president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Michael Greger, Dr Dean Ornish and Dr Kim Williams who is the president of the American College of Cardiology.
    There are no doctors that recommend a high fruit diet but Freelee and Harley judge by results instead of theory. When you eat a sh!t tonne of fruit, it's unreal how good you feel!

The brain and every other cell in the body runs on glucose. But now everyone thinks carbs make ya fat. I dunno why. I mean, people have gotten most of their calories from carbs/starches since as far back as history is recorded cause they are cheap to produce. Rich people who could afford to eat more meat were always the fat and sick ones. Asians have only started to deviate from their diet of mainly white rice in the last decade or two and are now starting to get fat. We always saw Asians as a slim population.

And Freelee eats 2 meals a day of fruit and her dinner is always cooked. So she eats a tonne of rice, spuds and pasta too, so not just fruit. Harley does the same. He also adds a lot of sugar to his smoothies to make them sweeter when the fruit isn't top quality. Lol.

The high carb lifestyle is definitely more sustainable cause you can literally eat as much as you want until you're satisfied. If you aren't satisfied after your meals, then obviously there is something wrong with your diet. Starches are comforting foods, that are full of fiber and digest easily (unless you eat a lot of fat with them). They actually satisfy you and you don't get cravings. As a species we are seekers of carbohydrate. To be honest, it's glaringly obvious when you think about it. I mean, the tip of our tongue tastes sweet food. We can't even taste fat or protein, only carbs (sugar). And did you ever eat a big meal and be full as a fat fu(k and all you want is a sugar hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    The high carb lifestyle is definitely more sustainable cause you can literally eat as much as you want until you're satisfied. If you aren't satisfied after your meals, then obviously there is something wrong with your diet. Starches are comforting foods, that are full of fiber and digest easily (unless you eat a lot of fat with them). They actually satisfy you and you don't get cravings. As a species we are seekers of carbohydrate. To be honest, it's glaringly obvious when you think about it. I mean, the tip of our tongue tastes sweet food. We can't even taste fat or protein, only carbs (sugar). And did you ever eat a big meal and be full as a fat fu(k and all you want is a sugar hit?

Just so we're clear, this is opinion not fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I googled the first two doctors. Found two vegan focus sites. So not really neutral opinion.
    Some of those associations are completely made up.
    kilkenny12 wrote: »
    The brain and every other cell in the body runs on glucose.
    No cell in the body runs only on glucose.
    Asians have only started to deviate from their diet of mainly white rice in the last decade or two and are now starting to get fat. We always saw Asians as a slim population.
    Sushi, sashimi, pork belly, hoisin duck spring to mind.
    But the whole world is getting fatter.
    The high carb lifestyle is definitely more sustainable cause you can literally eat as much as you want until you're satisfied.
    as much sugar as you want. lol
    Starches are comforting foods, that are full of fiber and digest easily (unless you eat a lot of fat with them).
    Fibre is full of fibre. Not starch. There's no fibre in starch.
    They actually satisfy you and you don't get cravings.
    It's quite obvious that sugar and carbs do give people cravings.
    As a species we are seekers of carbohydrate. To be honest, it's glaringly obvious when you think about it. I mean, the tip of our tongue tastes sweet food.
    That's not true.
    The tip of our tongue tastes no different to the rest. It's a myth.
    We don't see out carbs as a species either, we are omnivores.
    We can't even taste fat or protein, only carbs (sugar).
    We can't taste fat or protein???? Lololol
    That's one maddest thing I've ever heard anyone say.
    Steak, butter, eggs, all sorts of meats really. You saying we can't taste these.
    And did you ever eat a big meal and be full as a fat fu(k and all you want is a sugar hit?
    All you want is a sugar hit?
    You just suggested that we don't crave carbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The brain only runs on glucose BUT the body can convert protein to glucose by gluconeogensis in the liver, so you don't actually need to consume carbs at all to survive.

ps: don't google the above as I may have remembered this incorrectly and I want to pretend I am right

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The brain only runs on glucose BUT the body can convert protein to glucose by gluconeogensis in the liver, so you don't actually need to consume carbs at all to survive.

ps: don't google the above as I may have remembered this incorrectly and I want to pretend I am right

You're not wrong!

The body is able to break down quite a few amino acids, the glycerol in fat and lactate to form glucose.

That said, you need a lot more cake carbohydrate if you engage in high intensity exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The brain only runs on glucose ...
    Not only. The brain can also get energy from Ketones.

You are correct about gluconeogensis afaik

Advertisement