Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing thing you've done on a plane?

Options
  • 27-10-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

I've been flying a lot this month and had I believe my most embarrassing moment during my most recent flight.
    Flight was already going badly, late, cold, feck all food and was surrounded by screaming kids.
    After a while I decided to try and get some kip just to pass the time.
    Stomach was acting up a bit but nothing major. Fell asleep any way but was woken up a few times due to my painful stomach.
    Off to sleep again to be woken up by the air vents blowing in my direction and a slight stench in the air.
    Turned to look at the woman sitting next to me to see why she turned it towards me only to be met with a look of pure disgust on her face.
    I'd been farting in my sleep.
    Fcuking mortified.
    Couldn't wait to get off the plane :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I suppose vomiting on a morning, weekday flight from Madrid to Dublin. Everyone was asleep and I started to feel nauseous. Had to grab one of those sick bags which I puked into with all the sound effects. You'd expect it on a turbulent flight but this was a smooth flight into Dublin. Loadsa Spanish staring me out of it. Flying makes me pukey these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Fell asleep on the can and face planted into the back of the door. Bust my eyebrow. The flight attendants stopped serving me at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I got carried off a plane on a stretcher after drinking the best part of a litre of gin. Needless to say, I don't remember much of it.:pac:

I think I was talking in my sleep once - and the expressions of those around me suggest that whatever it was - it was not something I wanted to be saying out loud _at all_. In retrospect I regret not asking then - for now I shall never know what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I think I was talking in my sleep once - and the expressions of those around me suggest that whatever it was - it was not something I wanted to be saying out loud _at all_. In retrospect I regret not asking then - for now I shall never know what it was.

I think that it's for the best :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

A few years ago, got sick in an airplane loo. It was so bad that they had to close the toilet for the rest of the flight, big biohazard sticker on the door. Pizza before flight, never again. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Took some painkillers and had a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Took some painkillers and gave Micky Dolenz a ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

http://youtu.be/0oXymWz6i6I

Better then this thou..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Been pissed a few times but never done a prenderviile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I hate flying, hate it. I'm claustrophobic, so when I was going to LA, I had two Xanax to take. Now, I should have just taken half one, but nope, I took 2. Within half an hour I was panned out fast asleep. All grand until I started hallucinating. I dreamed I floated away hanging from a rake of balloons, got caught in a tree and then kids were shooting arrows at the balloons to make me fall.

Then I felt like I was falling. Just then I woke up, flailing my arms and knocked your one that was next to me drink on top of her, soaked her.

And there was still about 5 hours left on the flight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Took 10mm too much off the front door.

Had to go buy a new one. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Got dumped by the girlfriend. A few months later, I met her on a flight to Birmingham. She was cabin crew. Didn't stop me having a stand up row with her in the back galley. Excorted off plane and very stern warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Forgot lock the door taking a dump, needless to say somebody had the pleasure of opening the door whilst mid-plop....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

bear1 wrote: »
    I've been flying a lot this month and had I believe my most embarrassing moment during my most recent flight.
    Flight was already going badly, late, cold, feck all food and was surrounded by screaming kids.
    After a while I decided to try and get some kip just to pass the time.
    Stomach was acting up a bit but nothing major. Fell asleep any way but was woken up a few times due to my painful stomach.
    Off to sleep again to be woken up by the air vents blowing in my direction and a slight stench in the air.
    Turned to look at the woman sitting next to me to see why she turned it towards me only to be met with a look of pure disgust on her face.
    I'd been farting in my sleep.
    Fcuking mortified.
    Couldn't wait to get off the plane :D

On a trans-Atlantic flight I farted while I was asleep - it was so bad I woke myself up!!!!

In my defence I'd spent the last weekend of the trip with my brother drinking beer and eating Mexican and Indian food!

Tbh, I wasn't that embarrassed - I didn't know anyone on the flight and I'm unlikely ever to see them again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Got dumped by the girlfriend. A few months later, I met her on a flight to Birmingham. She was cabin crew. Didn't stop me having a stand up row with her in the back galley. Excorted off plane and very stern warning.

Were ya excorted off while it was flying ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

shanered wrote: »
    Forgot lock the door taking a dump, needless to say somebody had the pleasure of opening the door whilst mid-plop....

Thought the light only came on when door was locked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jawgap wrote: »
    On a trans-Atlantic flight I farted while I was asleep - it was so bad I woke myself up!!!!

In my defence I'd spent the last weekend of the trip with my brother drinking beer and eating Mexican and Indian food!

Tbh, I wasn't that embarrassed - I didn't know anyone on the flight and I'm unlikely ever to see them again :D

I was on a fully packed Ryanair flight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

Was bring a bottle of chippy vinegar to a friend in France. Five minutes into the flight, i was getting the bag down from an overhead bin, the bag fell, the bottle broke. The smell. Oh jebus, the smell. In a packed plane.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Kicking the passenger beside me while asleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Not me but a mate. We were coming back from a stag weekend in Newcastle, he had the mother of all hangovers.

We were seated near the back, and the only toilet was up the front, he felt sick and stood up, then decided he wasn't gonna make it, so reached up for his hand luggage and threw up into it.

We were all pissing ourselves laughing, needless to say the rest of the passengers didn't find it as funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Were ya excorted off while it was flying ?

Obviously not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Not me but a mate. We were coming back from a stag weekend in Newcastle, he had the mother of all hangovers.

We were seated near the back, and the only toilet was up the front, he felt sick and stood up, then decided he wasn't gonna make it, so reached up for his hand luggage and threw up into it.

We were all pissing ourselves laughing, needless to say the rest of the passengers didn't find it as funny!

I've done this too but in the back of a taxi in Rome mortified was not the word.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Was flying from Sydney to Cairns, not a long flight only about 3 hours. I had a very bad back problem at the time and my doctor had advised that flying would be VERY uncomfortable, but the trip was unavoidable so he prescribed me some nice strong painkillers to get me through the flight. I took them at the gate about 10 mins before we were due to board, and within a couple of minutes I was stoned off my ass. So much so that my husband was worried they would think I was really drunk and not let me on the plane.

We boarded and I just about managed to get my seatbelt fastened before passing out cold. I woke up just as we were landing and wondered why the front of my tshirt was soaked. Seemingly I'd spend the entire flight snoring thunderously and then my head would fall forward and I'd drool all over myself, so my hubby had to tip my head back again, which resulted in more snoring. Apparently the passengers surrounding me looked less than impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Opened the bathroom door after some woman had gone in there and forgot to lock it while taking a wee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

realies wrote: »
    Thought the light only came on when door was locked ?

I realized that when i did actually lock the door....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Hi Neil

Grandeeod wrote: »

Did you ask her for one last goodbye in the mile high club or something? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Was sleeping at a window seat. Slowly woke up and saw a plane flying pretty close to us. Nothing special I suppose, but closer than I've normally seen them.

Still half asleep, I thought I was travelling with my wife so I gave her a nudge and said "Look - plane!". The actual person to my right - a 50-something, well-dressed gentleman smiled at me like I was a bit 'special' and said "Wow!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Coming home from a wild weekend, I had barely slept so I fell asleep on a flight beside some strangers. Mouth open wide with full beer breath, I woke up suddenly, let out a loud grunt as I woke and then drooled on my chin.

Advertisement