Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whats the story with these pills

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When people start threads asking about the iodine tablets that have been in their press since before they were born, you know you're officially old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My friend is the youngest of five children. When the packet of pills arrived through her door, there were six in the packet, and seven in the family. As the youngest, she knew (from experience) that - if the worst happened - all the older family members would bully their way in and get their pill before her.

So she sneakily stole one tablet from the pack and hid it away for herself.

But then she realised that her older siblings might have the same idea - and might cop on to what she'd done, when they saw there was one missing. So, to avoid this, she took the rest of the packet and dumped it in her neighbour's bin. Her logic being, if her siblings went looking for them to sneak away their own one in advance, and when the box wasn't in the medicine cabinet, they'd assume the parents had hidden it away somewhere.

So basically if Chernobyl had imploded, as far as she was concerned she'd be grand, but she'd left the whole of her family to perish! :D

That's actually brilliant...funniest thing I've read in a long while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Agricola wrote: »
    When people start threads asking about the iodine tablets that have been in their press since before they were born, you know you're officially old!

Sadly after asking my wife where we got them, she said she found them in the press of our first rented house together.

So I am old. ish.

Advertisement