Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to get into a flat batteried M6

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

rugbyman wrote: »
    Right Chaps, I took the bull by the horns. The bulb thingy did not appear to work. I attached abattery pack under the bonnet and started the car., ran it for five mins or more, was going to take for a spin , but got called away, one thing though, after that five m7ns , the ignition lights still would not come on. Am off to work today, left it on charge

My 911 battery just went awol from lack of use as well. If you charged it for a week it wouldn't make any difference.
    Low voltage driving the immobiliser, central locking etc nuts. Bin the battery, you'll just damage something that would cost a lot, lot more......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

galwaytt wrote: »
    Bin the battery, you'll just damage something that would cost a lot, lot more......

what he said. My old car did this to me too, and that was the best fix. it takes a lot of juice to turn over a big v10 or v8 and a battery that wont hold charge will only continue to let you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Right Chaps, I took the bull by the horns. The bulb thingy did not appear to work. I attached abattery pack under the bonnet and started the car., ran it for five mins or more, was going to take for a spin , but got called away, one thing though, after that five m7ns , the ignition lights still would not come on. Am off to work today, left it on charge

I'm off tomorrow. I'll take it for a decent spin and sure if the alternator is good you'll have a charged battery to come home to. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I'm off tomorrow. I'll take it for a decent spin and sure if the alternator is good you'll have a charged battery to come home to. :D

It certainly is reassuring that such an emminent Queens Counsel is willing to give 'my' M6 a good thrashing, jolly good egg

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fmcg_scribe

It certainly is reassuring that such an emminent Queens Counsel is willing to give 'my' M6 a good thrashing, jolly good egg

We have a Paul Whitehouse fan in the house. :)

• Advertisement

CAIRO!

Any updates on the M6? Few pictures wouldn't go astray either!

CAIRO!

Any updates on the M6? Few pictures wouldn't go astray either!

After 16 hours on cheap run of the mill charger, with positive disconnected, it turned over weakly, another six hours , with battery connected, THE BEAST ROARED.
    The battery may well be 8 years old, may well need replaced, esp coming into winter,

The history of this car is, 8myears ols, one owner, my friend, f.s.h. Prentices.N.I. reg was stolen two years ago and recovered with a s.bag driving it on false plates.
    Now, surplus to requirements, e bay and others ask 16 or 17 k stg for one with up to 100 k miles, this baby has 40k miles.
    If I were to buy it, for occasional spins and possfuture appreciation I would leave the reg as it is .
    I did a vrt check and it seems to be 15 k vrt, valuing it at 45/50 euro. If anyone was foolish enough to vrt this car the price might be debabatale with rosslare

As for pics, may do , but they all look the same, its black

If anyone had a interest, this car is prob for sale. It really is an incredible beast, and from now on wil be driven more regularly, as its designer intended

Regards,

if I read it right and its not 8 million years old :) then its a 2006? if so, local pricing here would be low 20's based on prices this year even with the low mileage

t.

Cheers for write up, interesting story behind it.

Was it the same guy who stole it the one who was driving it around or did someone unwittingly buy it and get stung?

Tmg, if local pricing is 20 k, then I assume customs would refund 8 k euro after the vrt of 15 was paid. Assuming pre existing ads showing 20 k euro prices can be produced.
    Since the asking prices up North are 15 k stg plus, then this is a car that is just not worth importing.

QC, the thief was driving it, in the same town where it was stolen, with false plates. The Z3 stolen disappeared off the face of the Earth,

Regards, Rugbyman

• Advertisement

hey so the VRT rebate looks off - from the revenue calculator, thats the f13 model, and not yours. It should be a lot less than that (running a 2006 M5 which would be probably a tad more expensive with that sort of miles, it comes in at 4.5k vrt)

hth

the f 13 is the only model on the drop down menu.

academic really.

Regards, Rugbyman

Advertisement