Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking around with empty coffee cups.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I think that people start threads complaining about hipsters expecting overwhelming support. It's an easy lay supposedly. Backfired, OP! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

zetalambda wrote: »
    It's true. I swear to god. ;) Did you know as well that the MGM lion came from Dublin Zoo and Smithfield is the largest open air plaza in Europe and O'Connell street is the widest street in Europe and Phoenix park is the largest park in Europe? It's all true. I know thousands that can confirm it.

What happened to the man having a heart attack? Was he OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

What happened to the man having a heart attack? Was he OK?

he was just faking to check if the guys phone was real

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

dubscottie wrote: »
    Now it is getting colder I have noticed more and more people walking around with cups.. But empty ones?

Lad on the bus today with all his "movember tash" or whatever hipsters call it made a point of slurping out a cup..........

What I wany to know is - What was yer man doing walking around the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Lapin wrote: »
    What I wany to know is - What was yer man doing walking around the bus?

Because of the weirdo's staring at him probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

He was probably just trying to get to the tasty froth at the end that just sits there and refuses to travel up the cup no matter the angle, then mocks you when you have nothing to swallow, how embarrassing.

Quite the feat to be that judgemental over such inane things :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It was probably just a case of lack of bins, have been walking about with rubbish and can't find a feckin bin in Galway sometimes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

OP, this "friend" of yours is a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I once saw a woman in a coffee shop scratch her leg but I'm pretty sure it was a prosthetic. Fecking hipsters.

i used to go out with her.... then i broke it off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Hipster coffee wanna-be drinkers! How silly. Should flip it out of their hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

How creepy must your mate be that he was watching some lad on the bus closely enough to know if he was, um, swallowing or not?

And where on the bus, in relation to the two of you, was he that you could have noticed this in any case?

Or are you just talking bollox?

Answers will be taken in any order OP, I'm not fussy :D

83 bus and sitting right in front of us.. Making slurping sounds… Thats how the empty cup was noticed..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if this is actually becoming a trend to be honest. Its sad enough but an absolute sign of the times I reckon.

This is just another chink in the chain of the whole "Look at how thoroughly modern, cosmopolitan and trendy I am" thing that's been going for a few years now, be it with the new iPhone, Brown Thomas bag, Starbucks cup or whatever it is. Everything these people do must be tuned towards matching this stereotype. Publicising anything and all of what you "do" is an extremely important part of the stereotype as well. Fundamentally, I think it all stems from some desperate need to be constantly acknowledged and praised. Just my two cents on thew whole thing..

Advertisement