Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love at first post....Anyone here marry on boards?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

*Kry* Love the smiley at the end of that burn. I hope you are not as passive aggressive in real life. :)

I threw in the smiley for good measure. Here's another one. :)

Anyway....

Yous can get back on topic now cause this is just petty crap.

Mod

Don't make things personal.

Im done dont worry its just ****e talk :pac:

Take it to thethunderdome bitches..

Mod

If this is the shyte that's coming from another site let me make it very very clear. This sort of cliquey bollox will see posters banned.

Ye have been warned before, and ye won't be warned again.

Keep it out of After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Wtf is going on in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Mod

If this is the shyte that's coming from another site let me make it very very clear. This sort of cliquey bollox will see posters banned.

Ye have been warned before, and ye won't be warned again.

Keep it out of After Hours.

Throwaway comments are worthy of a ban threat and some unfounded accusations?

Okay then. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Never mind marrying, looks like there may be a few devorces..

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Throwaway comments are worthy of a ban threat and some unfounded accusations?

Okay then. :rolleyes:

Mod

Please don't comment on mod warnings in thread. Take it to PM.

These aren't throwaway comments. We know what is going on and so do the people that are doing it.

I already warned posters a couple of weeks ago but yet it persists. It's childish and ridiculous.

Bans will be handed out from here.

If anyone wishes to discuss this, don't do so on this thread. Feel free to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Right so going over again my original statement was meant for idea of meeting someone on here and having a relationship threw here for the most part as a lot people do online.

I wasn't talking bout meeting someone at a beers or talking on here and meeting up.

I've met plenty of people online in all kinds situations there's good and bad to it. I just think only way it actually has a chance oof working is if you meet them sooner than later because it's impossible to judge a person just by being online.

I mean there's enough on here for example that I just no if I met them in person they be different people.

So ya meeting someone at a boards beers fair enough meeting someone after talking to them online for little while fine but spending ages on here basing everything you know about each other just threw this and maybe then meeting up a lot different.

Well if the OP means should I ask her to be my gf straight away then ye that would be jumping the gun. I'm gona assume by asking her out he just meant asking her to meet up in person. Boards gives you the advantage of getting to know what someone's like before just meeting them as a complete stranger. Obviously when you meet someone online you manage your expectations, there is always the possibility they turn out very different, but what's wrong with being open to the possibility?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

all-the-things-meme-generator-ban-all-the-people-25d195.jpg

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Well if the OP means should I ask her to be my gf straight away then ye that would be jumping the gun. I'm gona assume by asking her out he just meant asking her to meet up in person. Boards gives you the advantage of getting to know what someone's like before just meeting them as a complete stranger. Obviously when you meet someone online you manage your expectations, there is always the possibility they turn out very different, but what's wrong with being open to the possibility?

Ah no I get what your saying like I said I've met people online meself. I just think from experience it's very mixed that's why if I am thinking of meeting anyone from a site etc I do it quick rather then dragging it out.

Most of the time if u fall for someone based on how they act online it's gonna be different when u meet them one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

The downside of posters' knowing each other or of being self conscious about what they type is that it can kind of sanitise some people's mindsets and cause them to make a diversion away from their true beliefs. That's bad news when it comes to taking part in discussions. I notice this a lot on social networking sites where some men in particular really watch what they write in case it makes them look bad to the women readers. I can understand that to a certain extent, but you get men who take it to the extreme and it's just really disingenuous. I'd have to question a guy's masculinity in those circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Theres plenty of people who meet someone online and talk to them for ages before meeting them for whatever reason. Its not for me personally thats why i think its a bit sad but ya others do it i would get bored.

Anyway ya meeting someone fairly early on is a lot different and often works fine because you get to break the ice without the awkwardness face to face then take it from there in person which is why i said its best to do it early.

Why is it sad?

My best friends were met threw the net. A chat site. We've talked for years, I considered them my friends, long before I met them.

So that's bad?

So what if some people become very close only ever talking through the net. There alot of relationships that started in MMO's and was then carried into real life.

Why is that "sad"? They're happy, they're doing what they want.... calling it sad, is judging what they choose to do and what works for them. It's not sad, it's not pathetic, there's no reason to make anyone feel ashamed for feeling like they've really got to know someone, even if they've never met.

And you can really really get to know people through the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ah no I get what your saying like I said I've met people online meself. I just think from experience it's very mixed that's why if I am thinking of meeting anyone from a site etc I do it quick rather then dragging it out.

It's very mixed if you go to a beers and you only vaguely know people from their posts. The people you talk to more you have a better intuition for, especially if like the OP you're also talking through pm or fb or w/e so meeting too soon could be a disadvantage. If you meet them sooner or later though you still manage your expectations, don't take it too seriously, try to just have the attitude of....I'll see how it goes. Same as when you meet new people offline really.
    Most of the time if u fall for someone based on how they act online it's gonna be different when u meet them one way or another.

Most of the time it's not different in a bad way so there's no point to even dwell on the possibility of it not going well, you're not going to be disappointed if you don't overthink it.

edit: I was thinking of the Op in the other thread >.<

Why is it sad?

My best friends were met threw the net. A chat site. We've talked for years, I considered them my friends, long before I met them.

So that's bad?

So what if some people become very close only ever talking through the net. There alot of relationships that started in MMO's and was then carried into real life.

Why is that "sad"? They're happy, they're doing what they want.... calling it sad, is judging what they choose to do and what works for them. It's not sad, it's not pathetic, there's no reason to make anyone feel ashamed for feeling like they've really got to know someone, even if they've never met.

And you can really really get to know people through the net.

Right ok fair enough.

There's good and bad sides to it but it only works in certain situations and for certain people. I've been there done that worn the s t shirt I wouldn't look into it to much anymore myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Let's save this conversation for during sex later, How Soon Is Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Was there not a thread about this exact same topic about two weeks ago?

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Was there not a thread about this exact same topic about two weeks ago?

Dunno, was there?

Link it there sure and I'll merge them.

Dunno, was there?

Link it there sure and I'll merge them.

I'm not the mod, tisn't my job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Why was the "I'm in love with a boardsie" thread locked?

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm not the mod, tisn't my job.

Well it sure as hell ain't my job to go searching for a thread that may or may not exist because someone said perhaps there is!

I was trying to be helpful, I'll remember not to bother next time eh.

• Advertisement

Well it sure as hell ain't my job to go searching for a thread that may or may not exist because someone said perhaps there is!

I was trying to be helpful, I'll remember not to bother next time eh.

Yeah whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Heh

Advertisement