Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you go on Winning Streak?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Damn right I'd go on winning streak Live with the baked head on me. It really can't be any harder than a job interview, so yep, I'd go on it Live and splutter nonsensical's to wind up the show-host and the nut-jobs that actually watch it while I get rich doing so.

Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Hell yeah...I'm determined to get on before Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No. I'm a wanted man in 33 counties.

If be arrested mid wheel spinning.

It is RTE they have a nonextradition pact for any criminals who appear on their screens hence why the DLB, Dunphy, Bono and any other scummy bastids have not been locked up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I would love some free money thanks. I've only seen it a couple of times and I don't know anyone who does watch it so bring it on. I heard you don't actually get the cars or holidays just their worth in money which makes it better again. Who's going to turn down some cold hard cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

January wrote: »
    She got married last weekend.

Apparently the wheel can only spin so many times, if it goes over a certain amount then you lose.

I'd go on it.

Seen it a few times by some chance it happened to be on, cant get RTE anymore, sure who'd be watching it, I thought about it recently, that I couldnt go on, but how long does it last, tell no one, dont bring anyone, so no one wants a cut, if someone spins the wheel on your behalf you'd have to throw them a few quid, unless the fcuked it up, what then? :)

It does seem to be limited in some way, do they put some brakes on there randomly to slow it down, you could swing out of it and it would still stop on the minimum amount. I think they must have it rigged in some way, if a lad comes on and thinks they will swing out of it, they position it a certain way and limit another, best just give the thing a light spin.

I wonder, do you get any practice spins? I wonder has anyone ever done their back in on it? or their hips going by the contestant profile.
    lertsnim wrote: »
    To win a minumum of €30,000 you can bet your life i'd go on it. Nobody would see it anyway

Is it, I thought it was 15k, never buy the tickets, I used to get the odd one, but fcuk me was it a waste, nada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Marty is that a pile of cash in your pocket or you just happy to see me!

Ah no, thats just Italian tailoring you see....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

I'd go on it, it's free money after all, but I wouldn't tell anyone that I was going to be on it. So when they show the audience with their stupid homemade banners and gormless expressions and Marty asks who I have supporting me I can tell him that I'm my own, smug in the knowledge that I've spared my friends and family the indignity of having to sit through that rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

like gloria from white men cant jump.

ITS MY DESTINY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nope,I don't have the sufficient quota of whooping rednecks to sit in the audience :(
    Marty is that a pile of cash in your pocket or you just happy to see me!

Giggidy http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/11/24/finally-the-truth-about-that-marty-whelan-photo/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

You are not allowed on unless you have Donegal connections. Every other week there is someone from Donegal on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's the only RTE show I would appear on. The money is good and I could be absolutely positive that no one I know or whose opinion I care for would be watching.
    Might get you some nods of recognition at Sunday morning mass in small country parishes but I'd say otherwise you could be on it every week without any of your social circle ever finding out. Unless the 9am mass crowd are your social circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Might get you some nods of recognition at Sunday morning mass in small country parishes but I'd say otherwise you could be on it every week without any of your social circle ever finding out. Unless the 9am mass crowd are your social circle.

they'll be too busy trying to steal your free Toyota Avensis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I definitely would. It's free money! If I got someone else to go on for me I'd feel obligated to give them half the winnings :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

A relatives sister was on it last week. Not for 40k would I go near Marty Whelan. He'd drive you up the wall.

For that kind of money, I'd seriously consider fellating him.

alroley wrote: »
    I definitely would. It's free money! If I got someone else to go on for me I'd feel obligated to give them half the winnings :/

Ha I would worry about this too.

Really the person in the hot seat doesn't have nearly as much to be embarrassed about as the people in the audience that they have to bring with them. All the friends and family whooping while holding childish posters with "G'wan Mary" etc on them while getting not a penny for their trouble. They're the ones that carry the heaviest burden of shame.

I am making my friend play for me next week. Look out for me in the audience. I will be the one sitting with the hood up and wearing dark glasses

lulu1 wrote: »
    I am making my friend play for me next week. Look out for me in the audience. I will be the one sitting with the hood up and wearing dark glasses

Really?
    What cut is the friend getting?:)

Really?
    What cut is the friend getting?:)

I might let her carry it home if she's lucky :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

lulu1 wrote: »
    I might let her carry it home if she's lucky :)
    I assume you have Donegal connections then? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

alroley wrote: »

Half you say, what if you ever need to rent a crowd, what'd that be? you have my number ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Not for 40k would I go near Marty Whelan. He'd drive you up the wall.

It's a soft ticket. I'd put it in the same bracket as that dangerous dreamer Noel Edmonds deal or no deal. A game-show that requires no brain power. The audience are basically zombies with banners.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

i'd love to go on winning streak what are you all talking about!!

win a car, holiday, and thousands in cash...what's the problem ?!

both my parents have been on it in the audience , apparently it's gas, i think there's a free bar too. and a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Of course you would go on :)
    feck sake there are people out there who would drop their pants for a promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Of course you would go on :)
    feck sake there are people out there who would drop their pants for a promotion.

It doesn't work. I lost my last job because of such-a-thing. Terrible advice indeed. They have it all on CCTV as well as on their security systems. Promotion my arse, it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I would, it was very unfair a few years ago when some people would go home with very little money but now everyone seems to do reasonably well.

The presenters are a bit patronising at times but it's easy get over that when winning money.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

byte wrote: »
    I assume you have Donegal connections then? :)

Yea I have a great aunt on my grandfathers side if that counts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Is there ever anyone who goes on alone? It would put me off having to talk so much about yourself and drag a load of family members on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I always assumed that the people who have people go on in their place are on the dole and don't want to get caught with their new found thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's the most cringey TV show ever made, so no. And I know neither of my parents would be seen dead on it either. My sister says she would go on for me, but only for half my winnings (in fact, it might have been more than half, she drives a hard bargain).

It's a tough one. Having to live with yourself after being spoken to like a complete cretin on national television (though only old people watch it), or keeping your dignity and penury. Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I would as long as Derek Mooney wasn't presenting it. Imo he came across as an auld bollix on the show. He tries to be fake nice but says horrible nasty things to folks on the show for his own amusement. I watched it one night and he slagged a woman in the audience wearing a scarf on her head who obviously was undergoing chemo at the time. He said something along the lines of nice hat and then started laughing. What a ****ing dickhead :mad:

Advertisement