Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭nerd69

:D kobe talking about his torn rotator cuff "this is what happens when i pass to much"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Kobe is seeing a second doctor on Monday but he'll probably be ruled out for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

D2D wrote: »
    Kobe is seeing a second doctor on Monday but he'll probably be ruled out for the rest of the season

It doesn't make any sense for him to keep playing this season. I'm pretty sure he's had this exact injury before and that he has played through it, but there is really no point in him coming back this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Lakers are paying Nash and Kobe a ton of money to sit lol.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Lakers are paying Nash and Kobe a ton of money to sit lol.

i think there quite happy to be taking to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I presume I'm the only insomniac up watching Kings/Warriors... but Kyle Thompson just went insane... He out scored the Kings 37-21 ON HIS OWN in the third quarter!!

Watching b'ball since early 90s, never seen anything like this. Think he was 13/13, they were going in from everywhere.

Game was tight when I turned it on, maybe 3 points in it... Warriors now lead by 30+

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I presume I'm the only insomniac up watching Kings/Warriors... but Kyle Thompson just went insane... He out scored the Kings 37-21 ON HIS OWN in the third quarter!!

Watching b'ball since early 90s, never seen anything like this. Think he was 13/13, they were going in from everywhere.

Game was tight when I turned it on, maybe 3 points in it... Warriors now lead by 30+

well there's something you don't see every day! Not to spoil it but I think in years to come he may regret coming out of the game with 9+ Mins to play. He'd likely have broken 60 and maybe gotten close to 70. We'll never know now I guess. :(

well there's something you don't see every day! Not to spoil it but I think in years to come he may regret coming out of the game with 9+ Mins to play. He'd likely have broken 60 and maybe gotten close to 70. We'll never know now I guess. :(

That's exactly what I thought to be honest... The game was tied at 60 four minutes into the 3rd... well, just watch this for the rest of the story...

and people thought they where crazy for not trading him for love :D

edit: just watched the vid one or two of those are hilarious theres one in the corner in particular that he just chucks up and you can see it on his face afterwords

how many points did he finish the game on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

52 points in 33 minutes, 11-15 from 3.

everyone loves a guy that can get hot. i'm waiting to see how they do in the play-offs though, i have my doubts about this team.

• Advertisement

mixery wrote: »

everyone loves a guy that can get hot. i'm waiting to see how they do in the play-offs though, i have my doubts about this team.

i think boguts health is the key to them winning playoff series

Same. I love watching them but teams that live and die by the jumpshot generally fall short of the big one...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They were my tip to win it all this year (check start of season posts if you need proof!) with the caveat they stay injury free. Injuries are the key, losing Bogut and Lee variously is what cost them in the last 2 playoffs. They are clearly the best 1-2 guard combo in the league but it's the bigs health that will determine how far they go.

They've now made home court a fortress (like the Boston teams of the 80s) and that's crucial as they'll likely be the 1 seed in the West - again barring injury. They've performed very well in the play offs the last 2 years even with the injuries they had and an awful coach. They're far more than a jump shot team, you're focusing on the spectacular parts of play and not the bread and butter. They play really hard D (check their numbers and ranking) and they really push the transition.

What's differebt this year? The coaching is better and I have to admit to being surprised by how good Kerr has been. Curry and Thompson are a year older and wiser, and critically Thompson's game has evolves to where he now attacks the basket off the dribble far more than he used to - which has the added benefit of opening the floor out wide for him and Curry (and the others). They now have 2 guys who are a lock for 20points a game and that adjust defences more than you think.

They're legit, make no mistake about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    That's exactly what I thought to be honest... The game was tied at 60 four minutes into the 3rd... well, just watch this for the rest of the story...

That was cool, I like how the commentators start getting excited when he has about 15, and he goes on to get 37.

Insane shooting from Klay. Well done to him.

On a slightly related note, it looks like the decision to bring in Ty Corbin has gone badly for the Kings. Who would have guessed it eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

NufcNavan wrote: »
    On a slightly related note, it looks like the decision to bring in Ty Corbin has gone badly for the Kings. Who would have guessed it eh.

No-one ever saw that coming.

have to feel cousins is regretting signing that extension about now

That was just incredible from Klay last night, he just couldn't miss in the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Heat @ Bulls (6pm) and Thunder @ Cavs (8:30pm) the early games today and live on BT.

Bulls are 9 point favourites over the Heat and Cavs are 3 point favourites over the Thunder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Paully D wrote: »

Yeah I saw that on reddit earlier, fairly ridiculous and petty from him tbh!!

Very few people would actually care enough to go back and look at where Ford ranked them. Must have been mainly for his own confidence. We all know none of that they very rarely get in 75% right. Glad that ESPN have removed his edits.

I see Hassan Whiteside has turned into Anthony Davis for this game! :eek:

Paully D wrote: »
    I see Hassan Whiteside has turned into Anthony Davis for this game! :eek:
    Swatting everything that moves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jimmy Butler only got 2mins rest in the first 3qtrs...

Jimmy Butler only got 2mins rest in the first 3qtrs...

He has been absolutely shocking tonight, but in fairness he's not alone. Big 4th quarter needed here. Would be typical of the Bulls this year to go to SA and Dallas and win and then lose at home to a less than .500 team. :rolleyes:

Thibs running Butler into the ground. As improved as he's been he wasn't going to sustain his early season numbers. Paul George had a similar drop last year too.

What about Whiteside though. A triple double in 24 minutes. The Heat may have really lucked into a gem with Whiteside. And they smartly signed him to a two year deal, so they'll have him next year at the minimum salary.

Man, I hate losing to the Heat. :mad:

Very impressed with Whiteside, he had an incredible game. Really brings an extra edge the Heat needed

Cavs lead 57-49 at the half!

• Advertisement

Real fun game in Cleveland, Cavs lead 83-78 after 3Q.

Advertisement