Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK - The Professionals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Aaaargh! Everything is a "little" this and a "little" that. Grrrrrr!

Sort of thing that once you hear it you can't hear anything else.

Just thought some of the rest of you should suffer with me :D

Okaaaayyy.....

So the first critic says "Don't experiment on me".

The second critic says "I want to see some of that throw-out-the-rule-book feeling and open-mindedness here today".

How can these poor feckers win :eek:

"Relaaaxxxxx"

"Enjoy this bit"

Yeah right, with that pair breathing down your neck and three critics waiting in the room outside to tear you to shreds.

How this guy hasn't had a heart attack yet I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Strangely enough the one thing that is working is the dynamic between Marcus and Monica:eek:

He gave her a caviar and champagne sideways look tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like Marcus, but I kind of miss Michel.

"Tonight I'm going to make a blah de blah blah blah, avec le blah de blah jus, et frites". :)

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »

Well if I had the slightest talent for writing, I could have written that.

Every single word of it.

I'm very disappointed in this series, and if there isn't a bit of personality about next week's lot, I don't think I'll be around for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Three main problems with this year's programme
    1. The format needs to be changed to keep things fresh and interesting. For example, the critics' table seems like a bit of same-old, same-old. And substituting Marcus Wareing for Michel Roux doesn't count as an improvement: Michel seems to be a genuinely nice person, whereas one has the impression that Marcus is trying to act nice.
    2. The contestants so far seem not to be televisual, or the editing is unkind to them.
    3. There is insufficient attention paid to the cookery and the food (but it's been like that for a while).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah you're all a shower of miserable sods. :pac:

It's good TV! (but I have lower standards than most, it has to be said)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Ever since that court case last year I've completely gone off Greg Wallace. Marcus is getting better as the show goes on imo. He just needs to label his dishes better, maybe give Michel Roux a ring....

• Advertisement

Ever since that court case last year I've completely gone off Greg Wallace. Marcus is getting better as the show goes on imo. He just needs to label his dishes better, maybe give Michel Roux a ring....

What court case was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Apologies just went looking for it there. His business went bust with half a million in debt. No court case that I can see yet.

Three main problems with this year's programme
    1. The format needs to be changed to keep things fresh and interesting. For example, the critics' table seems like a bit of same-old, same-old. And substituting Marcus Wareing for Michel Roux doesn't count as an improvement: Michel seems to be a genuinely nice person, whereas one has the impression that Marcus is trying to act nice.
    2. The contestants so far seem not to be televisual, or the editing is unkind to them.
    3. There is insufficient attention paid to the cookery and the food (but it's been like that for a while).

Couldn't agree more.

1. Critics' table could be cut'n'pasted from season to season. When is the last time we saw a new face, never mind heard a new line from them?

2. This week's contestants were the most forgettable I can ever remember. Bar the Scottish fella, who stood out because his accent was different, I couldn't tell you a thing about any of 'em. Nor could I care less about any of them.

3. I had vowed to stop watching Irish MC because there was absolutely no footage of the cooking. It was all criticism and bitching, with a bit of fluffy filler here and there. I am really disappointed to see MCUK going the same way. And as mentioned in the Guardian critique, that tinny soundtrack timed with all the sound effects - "smash" "splash" "slice" (can't think of any better way to describe it) drives me NUTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The standard at the critics stage was very high from the first 3, and they will certainly be there at the end.

Only the very best will reach the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I think Marcus is a good judge, if anything I find monica more harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I think Marcus is a good judge, if anything I find monica more harsh.

He is definitely better as a judge then he was as a 'mentor' I think. He is much more personable but I guess that could be because they aren't in his restaurant! :rolleyes:

Oh look - another five boys tonight - quelle surprise! Is cheffing really that gender-biased :confused:

Anyway, have only got past the titles so far - good to see that at least they all look a bit diverse in terms of accent and looks, I might be able to tell them apart this time!

Just hope they can cook this week.....

Christ, another awful skills test :eek:

God help them!

Some cooking ability this week. And a little more personality. I'm impressed with Sven.

Some cooking ability this week. And a little more personality. I'm impressed with Sven.

I haven't quite got to the end yet, but the drooling over Sven was slightly nauseating - I hope he kept up his standards! (I wasn't beyond a bit of drooling myself, to be fair :D)

Agree that tonight's standard of cooking was far above last week's.

• Advertisement

Haha, the look on Jamie's face when John was sent home :D

Sven was definitely the golden boy tonight. Hope he can keep it up.

What on earth sort of an injury does someone do to themselves tomorrow night :confused::eek:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I haven't quite got to the end yet, but the drooling over Sven was slightly nauseating - I hope he kept up his standards! (I wasn't beyond a bit of drooling myself, to be fair :D).
    I'm hetero; I don't drool over men!

God sven was cute, and he made the best food.
    Doesn't look good tonight when someone is carted off by ambulance

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    God sven was cute, and he made the best food.
    Doesn't look good tonight when someone is carted off by ambulance

Just praying hard that it might be Greg:pac::pac:

I'm hetero; I don't drool over men!

Greg and Marcus did though!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Greg and Marcus did though!

They were all drooling over him
    Bromance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Good evening all,

I'm playing catch-up watching - does some poor lad stab his foot tonight??...

On a separate note, would anyone know where to get Tonka Beans in Dublin?? :) I'd love to try them....

Thank you!! :) xxx

@ grey so what: Last night's promo showed an injured person( leg I think) being helped out of the kitchens

Another 5 men tonight - god it is so male based this year

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Thanks Keps, yes, it is a shame that it's very male orientated!...

It would be nice to see at least a few of the ladies in the white coats!...

I don't think the lad from the train will be up to much tonight...

• Advertisement

I don't think the lad from the train will be up to much tonight...

He could be getting the 8.27 right home:)

Advertisement