Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK - The Professionals

Options
  • 23-10-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭

Masterchef:The Professionals returns to BBC on Tuesday 4 Nov.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Looking forward to it already!

'The Professionals' is far and away my favourite of three(adult) Masterchef shows on BBC

The only reservation I have is that Marcus Wareing is replacing Michel Roux jnr.

I have never warmed to Wareing (in fact he engenders the opposite feeling) - so it remains to be seen how I react to him on this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

keps wrote: »
    The only reservation I have is that Marcus Wareing is replacing Michel Roux jnr.

I have never warmed to Wareing (in fact he engenders the opposite feeling) - so it remains to be seen how I react to him on this show.

Why is Michel Roux Jr. not on it this year? He's my main reason for watching it. Does that mean no Monica either then?

Michel was basically 'fired' by the BBC as he refused to remove his name from endorsing a brand of potatoes

see here

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/mar/11/michel-roux-leaving-bbc-masterchef-potato

Monica has been retained by the show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Started a separate thread! Starts 4th November on BBC. Marcus Waring has replaced Michel Roux Jr but Monica is still on.

Not too sure about Marcus Waring - have seen him on a few of these programmes and he doesn't seem to have a lot of patience but will see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh that's a pity, I love Michel. He's a really encouraging mentor and I think there's something really warm about him. Marcus Wareing always seems so grumpy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I noticed he did try a more friendly version of Marcus Wareing when he was on the most recent run of the normal Masterchef this year, so maybe he was giving Marcus Wareing 1.5 a trial run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Michel was basically 'fired' by the BBC as he refused to remove his name from endorsing a brand of potatoes

see here

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/mar/11/michel-roux-leaving-bbc-masterchef-potato

[PROBABLY-IRRELEVANT]

Bit like when Carol Vorderman was fired from Tomorrow's World for making this Ariel advert:

[/PROBABLY-IRRELEVANT]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Starts at 8pm on BBC2 on Tuesday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

see here

Monica has been retained by the show

What an awful pity! He is such a lovely man and so encouraging and kind to the participants.

I actually really like Marcus Waring but his addition to the show will turn the programme into a different beast entirely. I hope they don't go down the route of humiliating the participants because that's never been what the show is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Marcus will be sorting out the men from the boys - whoever wins it will have to earn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not five minutes in and we've had "journey" twice already :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They all look and sound the same! Need to get culling...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Are there always 3 judges in The Professionals?
    Think Marcus is really trying hard to be nicer!

BTW Dovies went to all the trouble of opening a thread but it's very lonely in there!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313806

Oooh, first dressing down for the second fella! Thought he was going to cry :eek:

That's an awful pile of choux pastry and sugar.... makes me feel slightly queasy :eek:

Gawd, would they ever cheer up! They're all so dour looking.

That rattling fella has me rattling just watching him.

Yes, Marcus is wearing his happy:) face for the show- under orders I'd say!

Good start to the series although it was a pity to have 5 men ( and all of them pretty dull on the personality stakes).

God, there really is a gender bias in the chef world it seems

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Are there always 3 judges in The Professionals?
    Think Marcus is really trying hard to be nicer!

BTW Dovies went to all the trouble of opening a thread but it's very lonely in there!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313806

Just catching up now. Previously Monica and Greg would judge the first round and skills test then Michel would join them.

Marcus seems ok so far.

Croquembouche for their skills test. :eek:

I love the faces Monica pulls. :p

• Advertisement

Those nettles growing at the back of the garden are in real trouble:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I thought Marcus was very good last night, insightful but still scathing when a mistake was made.

A good standard has been set already, one or two from last night will be there at the business end I think.

How some of those chefs survive in the real world as professionals is amazing!

How some of those chefs survive in the real world as professionals is amazing!

I'm only playing catch-up now, but have to agree!

Shame the girlie went straight home. At least tonight's lot don't seem quite so terrified and devoid of personality.

Wasn't the slightest bit impressed with Marcus' pineapple cake - I'd be looking for a refund if I got served that!

Agree - can you imagine Michel serving up that load of rubbish- looked totally off-putting

-and he was so proud of it just because he cooked its 'genesis' as a kid!

Jogi (sp?) was a disaster, start to finish.

I'm wondering if the girl (Samantha?) would have made a better fist of it overall.

Bet she knew how to make pasta!

The first dish is your own creation- your 'signature' dish- devised and cooked by a 'professional'.

You can choose what you want to cook and you obviously can practice it.

And yet tonight a few were rubbish.

Amazing:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I miss Michel Roux's personality and presence on screen but I think Marcus is doing a good job. He looked a bit stiff and unsure at first but I reckon he'll grow into the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

I just looked at last nights show and have to agree that Marcus' desert was terrible, my 12 year old niece would do better and about a million calories !! Bet it tasted nice though.
    The standard was so bad last night..no surprise them 2 boys are gone..
    Marcus on the happy pills (so far)....

• Advertisement

Just starting to watch tonight's show now - holy ****, that's some invention test :eek::eek:

Advertisement