Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 24th. October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Still can't delete that poxy album from me itunes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A link to this thread on their blog will show them de real blog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Bono has glaucoma hence the tinted glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Someone really needs to tell bono to dress his age

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sit down, you bunch of fawning sycophants.

Barry's Tea.. Wooooo!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I like The Edge

But he obv has not watched the lls for years and years and years :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Edge should take off his cap. He won't get the benefit when he leaves the RTE building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I can see The Sun headline tomorrow..

"Bono SHOCKER: 'I didnt like it when The Edge was on top' "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I think The Edge seems really sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

They could have got on somebody's nerves? Never....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Brewdog

Cant we just call him Paul, it is is name and it would drive him bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Stand and applaud the tax dodgers who are on the chat show tour to recover from the flop of their last album.Time to turn off........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hello everybody.....Oh nooooo tubs and music

That's a fine head of hair Bono's got on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think The Edge seems really sweet

He seems okay but he should embrace his bald side.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

The beatles.... Seriously ryan? I thought he was talking about wings

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is it just me or does that story of them all sharing the place remind ya of this..

In two minutes Tubridy has absolutely sucked the LIFE out of this interview.... If I ever was in the situation where I urgently needed some enthusiasm removed from a room, he'd be first on my list..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

The edge reminds me of joey the lips fagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

It is a bit ridiculous though... Bono there giving out to the world leaders about not doing their fair share to help Africa and the poor... And he moves all his money to Holland to avoid paying his fair share in Ireland...[/quote

I'm sorry , but what complete misinformed sh1te !......Firstly U2 is made up of four individuals - not just Bono - all of which are tax resident in Ireland (although it would be easy for them not to be). They pay a HUGE amount of tax in Ireland. As does U2 the company - again resident in Ireland for tax purposes with its headquarters on Hanover Quay in Dublin (Principle Management Ltd) .
    The fact is that U2 moved part of their publishing company to Holland, admittedly resulting in tax avoidance for that small part of what makes up the huge business that is U2.(all legal and above board). The fact remains, they four , as individuals and as U2 Ltd. pay a huge amount of tax in Ireland. But sure why let the facts get in the way of some good old begrudgery !! - Inform yourself & don't just spout populist crap !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Joey 'The Lips' Fagin looking well...rubbish beanie hat though.

I used love the Edge when he had the pony tail/plait and the wide brimmed hat

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Is anybody else sick of listening to Bono pontificating? Oh yeah, pay your tax like the rest of is paupers and I might have more time for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Joey 'The Lips' Fagin looking well...rubbish beanie hat though.

Hey!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

For all you cynics re bonos tax affairs At least He buys irish, the hair looks like it was bought in des Kelly carpets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

amdublin wrote: »
    That's a fine head of hair Bono's got on him.

ah shure tis probably a result of the glaucoma..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

yipeeeee wrote: »
    The edge reminds me of joey the lips fagan.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BfXZR7Q9Ivs/TrVHBYAzmFI/AAAAAAAABgw/motZOfQqeGk/s1600/louise7520090828111113.jpg

Could never put my finger on that...,,

My question for the lads..

"If you had to do it all over again...... *pause* .... Would the band have gone through an agency when employing personal staff?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's weird how much stick these fellas get considering their biggest crime* is Bono being a bit full of himself.

*it's avoidance, not eveasion. Every single person here would do it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

cathalj wrote: »
    It is a bit ridiculous though... Bono there giving out to the world leaders about not doing their fair share to help Africa and the poor... And he moves all his money to Holland to avoid paying his fair share in Ireland...[/quote

I'm sorry , but what complete misinformed sh1te !......Firstly U2 is made up of four individuals - not just Bono - all of which are tax resident in Ireland (although it would be easy for them not to be). They pay a HUGE amount of tax in Ireland. As does U2 the company - again resident in Ireland for tax purposes with its headquarters on Hanover Quay in Dublin (Principle Management Ltd) .
    The fact is that U2 moved part of their publishing company to Holland, admittedly resulting in tax avoidance for that small part of what makes up the huge business that is U2.(all legal and above board). The fact remains, they four , as individuals and as U2 Ltd. pay a huge amount of tax in Ireland. But sure why let the facts get in the way of some good old begrudgery !! - Inform yourself & don't just spout populist crap !

Hi Larry/Adam! :)

Advertisement