Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 24th. October 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Arrogant pr1ck... how much money did people lose paying for the bandwidth to download the album they forced on people...

Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,196 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think this is actually going better than they were on Norton last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭baldbear

A little gift like a little gift your puppy leaves for you and you step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

a guinness .. cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

CKrules wrote: »
    U2 haven't had anything decent in about 20 years. Well, maybe one or two.

Maybe you should google U2 again there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Arrogant pr1ck... how much money did people lose paying for the bandwidth to download the album they forced on people...

How much money did I just lose because I accidentally spat out my dinner laughing at that ridiculous comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CKrules

Maybe you should google U2 again there.

Name 5

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I think this is actually going better than they were on Norton last week.

I'm enjoying it much more than I expected to, I have to admit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bono you big name dropper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Minjor wrote: »
    No one was forced to download it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/u2-take-on-the-world-inside-rolling-stones-new-issue-20141023
    Bono says he didn't understand that the album would automatically download itself onto some people's phones. "It's like we put a bottle of milk in people's fridge that they weren't asking for," he says. "It is a gross invasion!" He smiles. "But it was kind of an accident. The milk was supposed to be in the cloud. It was supposed to be on the front doorstep."

I think it's a bit disingenuous to pretend that NOBODY understood that the album would download itself automatically... It was obviously contrived that the thing would be pushed down... I suppose you could call it malware, adware, U2ware....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Clang! Thunk! Clang!

The sound of names dropping everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

CKrules wrote: »
    Name 5

Name 5 what?

Are you basing this on your opinion or the opinion of Millions of album and singles sales since 2000 which is 14 years ago in which time they have had 4 albums including the latest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If you suffer from Bandwidth issues, don't have your phone/computer/tablet set to automatically download everything Apple give you.

Their constant itunes bloatware updates alone would cause you issues long before U2 started giving away free music.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Why isn't Larry there? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

His daughter is a bit of alright

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I don't think there was ever much doubt that Bono's daughter wouldn't make it in her chosen profession. If Lottie and Rex can do it........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Okay so I am officially enjoying this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Edge is not pushy...................totally laid back and chilled out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just flicked on. Thank Christ I missed that 'interview'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »

Me too!

• Advertisement

The Edge playing the piano :D

Hawt!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This is up there with the best songs they've ever written, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Hitchens wrote: »
    Edge is not pushy...................totally laid back and chilled out :cool:

I'm in love with Edge

Ah they're great lads all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Well lets be honest, you havent had a bad thing to say about the Late Late since you fell under Willy Wonka's spell after meeting him the other week... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Edge playing the piano :D

Hawt!!!!!

Steeeaaady! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CKrules

Name 5 what?

Are you basing this on your opinion or the opinion of Millions of album and singles sales since 2000 which is 14 years ago in which time they have had 4 albums including the latest one.

Westlife have sold millions of albums. As has Katy Perry!!!

Sales doesn't make something good.

As I said they haven't had any decent tracks in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Name 5 what?

I think they are good but irrelevant musically these days, more caught up in their egos than anything. None of these songs will become anthems in my opinion compared to earlier stuff. Saying thT, acoustically i like it.

One direction sell millions so that argument can be easily tackled ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

edge is a cool customer in fairness, tuned in guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I don't think there was ever much doubt that Bono's daughter wouldn't make it in her chosen profession. If Lottie and Rex can do it........

Haven't heard from Lottie in a while. What form of devilment is she getting up to these days?

Advertisement