Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee mugs in the office.. bacteria

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Gongoozler wrote: »
    In that case OP, you might want to remove your toothbrush from the bathroom.

Mythbusters say poo is everywhere :eek::pac:

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/surprise-toothbrush-minimyth.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

ando wrote: »
    After reading elsewhere a fact that "twenty percent of mugs carry faecal bacteria" I decided enough!!

Where do you work? The studio that shot 2girls1cup? And are there only 5 cups there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Why not buy some of those disposable cardboard cups then use and discard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Faecal matter is a great phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

jimmybeige wrote: »
    I don't think that's true. Some are tough to kill depending on what you use, but I don't think the above is a fact by any means.

It is true. They're not alive in the first place, therefore can't be killed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

kneemos wrote: »
    Faecal matter is a great phrase.

Plus makes a lovely droppa soup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I've got an espresso cup on my desk that hasn't seen a drop of water in about 4 years -- just a twice daily gloop of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I bring my own mug and keep it in my lunchbox, I wash it out with boiling water and wipe it with kitchen roll I bring in.

I bring in my own coffee, butter, salt, everything and it all comes home with me again. Hygiene is an alien concept to some of the lads that work with me so I avoid anything they touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Mmmmh bacteria

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

1 office 1 cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Tell everyone else you have suffered horribly from cold sores in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

When people were living in caves and mud huts do you think they worried about dirty mugs and hand sanitisers?
    If they had, maybe they would still be alive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I've got an espresso cup on my desk that hasn't seen a drop of water in about 4 years -- just a twice daily gloop of coffee.

Is a gloop a metric or imperial measurement ?
    Anyways OP this problem is easily solved , take a picture of yourself with your knob out , head toward the Ilac centre , get the Polish bird with the kiosk selling crap to transfer your pic onto a mug and return to the office .Use mug .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Where do you work? The studio that shot 2girls1cup? And are there only 5 cups there?

wish I could thank twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Bring in your own sponge? Or antibacterial washing up liquid? You'll probably look a bit weird bringing your own sponge and washing up liquid to the kitchen though. Maybe you could hide them in there and use it when no one is looking? I think filling it with boiling water and leaving it to sit for a few minutes or popping it in the microwave should be enough to kill any germs.

Faecal bacteria is everywhere apparently, even in our mouths. That's probably how it gets in the mugs in the first place. I'm sure it's only trace amount and doesn't pose any risk to your health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

This is why we need a dedicated detergent forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

catallus wrote: »
    This is why we need a dedicated detergent forum.

I think you should be the Mod for that forum too , in fact you'd probably clean up at it , wipe the floor with a few of us too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I'd rinse it down and then polish it up until it's wet enough to lick. ;)

Advertisement