Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Conundrum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

manual_man wrote: »
    have a funny feeling Costa is gonna do the biz against West Ham, but i can see myself dumpin him after regardless

Yeah I've stuck with the big bruiser this far, whats another week? He may come back into a streak of form and I dont desperately need the funds elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Selling for Aguero
    I've had him since GW5 - thats 13 GW's in a row and he has gotten 37 points. I've actually scored more from Boyd in the same period. Bye Bye Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    have a funny feeling Costa is gonna do the biz against West Ham, but i can see myself dumpin him after regardless

Have a feeling he'll be benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Costa with a double-digit haul just before the masses play their WC next week. Glad I kept the faith. Mind you, I nearly ditched him on more than one occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Selling for Aguero
    Costa with a double-digit haul just before the masses play their WC next week. Glad I kept the faith. Mind you, I nearly ditched him on more than one occasion

Plan on using my wc this week certain gives food for thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    Owned him for his three biggest hauls, didn't own him for his 3.6 ppg stretch. This Costa lark is easy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Selling for Aguero
    He is the only player I have had since GW1.....I just cant get rid of the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Selling for Aguero
    He is the only player I have had since GW1.....I just cant get rid of the lad.

The Fear is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Selling for Aguero
    Owned him for his three biggest hauls, didn't own him for his 3.6 ppg stretch. This Costa lark is easy :pac:
    Beware with autosatisfaction you could jinx it all for you :p. With the season you're having you now HAVE To get a 3 digits finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've had costa for a fair bit of the season and today is the first day he has got a double digit score for me. I felt I was jinxed with him as every time I transferred him out he got a double digit haul I was very close to doing it again this morning.Lucky escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Selling for Aguero
    I've had costa for a fair bit of the season and today is the first day he has got a double digit score for me. I felt I was jinxed with him as every time I transferred him out he got a double digit haul I was very close to doing it again this morning.Lucky escape.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I've had him since GW5 - thats 13 GW's in a row and he has gotten 37 points. I've actually scored more from Boyd in the same period. Bye Bye Costa

In the last 4 GW's since i got rid, he has scored 30 points. I have now got Hazard and he's blanked the last 2. sigh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Selling for Aguero

Why?? These recurring comments about dumping Costa are curious to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    Big Borg wrote: »
    Why?? These recurring comments about dumping Costa are curious to me.

don't be daft. prior to this gameweek there were very good reasons to be considering getting rid of him. he's showing good form now so i'm holding, but to suggest it was a no-brainer to have held on to him is daft, it was anything but

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

don't be daft. prior to this gameweek there were very good reasons to be considering getting rid of him. he's showing good form now so i'm holding, but to suggest it was a no-brainer to have held on to him is daft, it was anything but

Cannot agree, top scored in the league, 4 goals in his previous 6 games, playing for one of the top 2 teams who also happen to be the top scorers in the league, cannot see any reason before yesterday to dump him to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    AdpRo wrote: »
    Cannot agree, top scored in the league, 4 goals in his previous 6 games, playing for one of the top 2 teams who also happen to be the top scorers in the league, cannot see any reason before yesterday to dump him to be honest.

this game is all about having the right players at the right time. he got off to a flyer. from gw5 onwards (and not including this gw), he scored 62pts from 14 starts - this averages at less than 4 points per game(!). i very nearly ditched him myself on a couple of occasions, but for no other premium striker standing out, and not wanting to punt on a cheaper option. this gw is great, super, really glad i have him! but 62pts from his previous 14 games? hell yeah i can understand that a good few ditched him

perspective!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Selling for Aguero
    What ever about the past, as of right now I would struggle to see a reason to get rid of El Costa.
    Top Scorer in the PL with 17 goals.
    Top FPL forward points scorer with 119 points.
    Top selected forward in 59% of FPL teams. In 65% of top 1000 teams.
    8th most minutes played of all FPL forwards.
    Top yellow cards of FPL forwards (7 - a negative I know!)
    5th most bonus points (14) of FPL forwards.
    Joint top times in Dream team (3).
    2nd highest FPL forwards points per game (6.3).

The trouble with him of course is that his points take is not steady, so we dont know when he will score....but that is a risk I am happy to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

this game is all about having the right players at the right time. he got off to a flyer. from gw5 onwards (and not including this gw), he scored 62pts from 14 starts - this averages at less than 4 points per game(!). i very nearly ditched him myself on a couple of occasions, but for no other premium striker standing out, and not wanting to punt on a cheaper option. this gw is great, super, really glad i have him! but 62pts from his previous 14 games? hell yeah i can understand that a good few ditched him

perspective!

I cant really talk as i got rid of him in gw3 and missed all his big scores, got him back when he done sweet fa and dumped him again in december for rvp. Only got him back this week in wildcard but his form over the last 6 weeks when only KAne and Austin were on a better run, made undropable in my eyes if you had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdpRo wrote: »
    I cant really talk as i got rid of him in gw3 and missed all his big scores, got him back when he done sweet fa and dumped him again in december for rvp. Only got him back this week in wildcard but his form over the last 6 weeks when only KAne and Austin were on a better run, made undropable in my eyes if you had him.
    He only had 4 more pts than ings the past 6 gws 32-28. Ings is almost 5 million cheaper. Over the last 10 gws before yesterday ings has outscored him 56 40. I got costa back in the previous gw but certainly wouldnt class him as a must have. He has looked better the last few weeks and has stopped getting Yellow cards but Id be more worried not owning aguero sanchez or hazard myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,901 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He only had 4 more pts than ings the past 6 gws 32-28. Ings is almost 5 million cheaper. Over the last 10 gws before yesterday ings has outscored him 56 40. I got costa back in the previous gw but certainly wouldnt class him as a must have. He has looked better the last few weeks and has stopped getting Yellow cards but Id be more worried not owning aguero sanchez or hazard myself.
    I just think Costa is too much of a danger to not have. You'd expect him to notch up some weeks like yesterday every so often, and in the meantime he's consistent enough with the odd goal most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll be coming crawling back in the WC after the City game. He's royally screwed me and my season this weekend as things stand. I've been doing poorly for about 2 months now but was staying relatively still. That haul is a massive blow, I'm just thankful he wasn't captained by more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    the league cup final of Chelsea and spurs are involved will give me a massive problem....... terry haz Costa Kane and wasi in my squad.....if falcao shows any type of form for uniteds good run I may move Costa on anyway!!!! or else Kane
    just looked at Chelsea fixtures after city and I'd say it will be goodbye harry and possibly even wasi
    less of course Liverpool can shock chelsea which would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    CSF wrote: »
    I just think Costa is too much of a danger to not have. You'd expect him to notch up some weeks like yesterday every so often, and in the meantime he's consistent enough with the odd goal most weeks.

I'll be keeping him, but I don't think he's "essential" unless he's on top of more captaincy polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Selling for Aguero

perspective!

This is a spot on post!

In the end, it's all about what you can do with the extra £4-5m if you go down a cheaper route and the flexibility it offers if you keep him (e.g. able to swap with Sturridge or a United striker).

Regarding Costa, I remember stating here when he was eased back in to full fitness before Christmas that the intensity of the festive period (and the PL in general) should suit him just fine. He's a strong physical and skillfull lad who's been used to play to high intensity under Simeone for the last couple of years. His Christmas and beyond record reads 2, 11, 2, 6, 6, 16... That's 5 goals and 2 assists and 2 BPs in 6 games. Sometimes I feel I should just listen to myself :rolleyes: :pac:... that's 86 (C) pts to my 72 over the same period, should just follow the casuals who stick it to Costa (C) every week :pac:...

Barring injuries he'll be there among the top scorers at the end of the season. It'll take something special from Sturridge to make (me do) the swap.
    And just a final thing about comparing his late returns to much cheaper options who equalled or bettered him (e.g. Ings, Austin, Kane). I'm not saying this is not a valid point but we don't know if any of these lads can maintain such a level of performance for an entire season. While Costa showed he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Selling for Aguero

Sorry for asking the question. I have held Costa since GW2. He has risen in value nicely for me. He has the most Forward points in the BPL. For my needs, he is consistent in generating points. Plus, I have less information to work with here in the States. So I am wary of going with Forwards of bottom of the table teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,901 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll be keeping him, but I don't think he's "essential" unless he's on top of more captaincy polls.

Not overly concerned by that. He's the highest scoring striker in the game and top goalscorer in the league.

There are certainly cons to be thrown at those pros but Id maintain that those people who go without him will suffer from missing those goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Selling for Aguero
    Here we go again. Any solid news?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Selling for Aguero
    Not again, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Wombatman wrote:
    Here we go again. Any solid news?

The Aguero 'Kunundrum' is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    Costa can **** off this season. He causes more drama on the average weekend than my missus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yes, he certainly won't be anywhere near my team :p Everyone take him out.

Advertisement