Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem getting skinners from Amazon

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

forgot to say that zooplus.de do 2 bags of taste of the wild for €100 - I have just ordered one bag to see if my two will switch over ok and then will order 2 bags at a time (which will work out at twice the price of skinners on amazon)

I was just about to post that you can get ToTW cheaper when you go for the 2-bag deal on zooplus.de!
    I see one of the reviews says that their dogs took a while to adjust to it poop-wise, and I have to say that has been my experience with it too... not with my own GSD who is raw fed with a bit of ToTW to bulk it out, but with my new GSD who was fed dog-knows-what before I got her a few months ago. My guess is that it took the new dog's system a while to get used to the unusual set of ingredients in ToTW... unusual compared to what she was used to, I mean!
    I also find that I need to feed quite a lot less of it compared to dry foods I have previous experience of. It'll be interesting to see how you find it compares in this regard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

mosi wrote: »
    I saw that Medicanimal.com had it keenly priced £23.90 per 15kg, with free delivery over £80. When I went to checkout though, the VAT was added on to it, bringing it to £29.40 per bag which is on a par with what Pet Bliss charge.
    I actually picked some up from Pet Bliss last week as I was out in Wicklow. I have family out there so would be out that way regularly enough anyway. I'm going to look into their regulars discount to see how that works.

Ring medic animal and try and place order the phone. That's what I always do as I found the site automatically converted to euro and at a rip off rate! If I rang I paid in sterling so maybe they won't add on vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I just got a dispatch notice for skinners I ordered Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

toadfly wrote: »
    I just got a dispatch notice for skinners I ordered Saturday.

Which brand? Do you have a link, thanks

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Which brand? Do you have a link, thanks

The orange bag: Skinners Field and Trial Maintenance Dry Mix 15 kg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003TL9T40/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Still haven't received any email problem notice. I order two bags of the Field and Trial Maintenance (orange bag) on S&S every two months.

I've put in extra orders last month and this month just in case, but got notice yesterday the Dec order will be dispatching soon.

So I wonder is it down to the product and the size of the order?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just noticed that they are now sending this one to ireland as well.

Skinners Field and Trial Turkey and Rice + Joint Aid Dry Mix 15 kg

This one is gluten free, the maintenance one has wheat in it.

angeldaisy wrote: »

How much is that one angeldaisy?

toadfly wrote: »
    How much is that one angeldaisy?

At the moment its 29.99 for 15kg bag. it has joint aid added to it.

At the moment its 29.99 for 15kg bag. it has joint aid added to it.

I would love to be able to afford better than the one I linked to but my two smallies are on it and I am also paying for food for my mams four dogs so it does add up. Lex is on raw and my smallies get raw occasionally too. They also get a batch of scrambled egg, sardines, veg & rice for a few days ever fortnight or so. Hoping it all balances out for them. No bad reactions anyway and they are in good form on it. To be fair they'd eat anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

toadfly - that skinners angeldaisy mentioned is cheaper if you subscribe and save with amazon (about 25 per bag). You are certainly feeding plenty! I had on a couple of occasions looked at changing from skinners to a better quality food and the delivery problem prompted me to change. Going back to making my own lunch for work to pay for the difference (had got very lazy) but with the number you are feeding you would have to spending a lot on lunch to be able to make enough savings!

Its really tough to know what to change them to. It would be a much easier decision if money was no object!

I'm going to see what the Harringtons is like, I've just ordered a small bag of it from Zooplus so I didn't have to pay p&P on my secret santa stuff!

Other than that I really don't know what else I'm going to try for the moment.

Absoultely angeldaisy, I have done less research on medical stuff for myself that I have for the dogs food - because they are worth it of course. DBB did say earlier that they needed less food with the better food so I am fingers crossed (although as pets get like their owners I am not too optimistic on that!).

The guilt I feel by not feeding a better food! If they weren't doing well on it I would change it of course. We'll see how it goes.

The guilt I feel by not feeding a better food! If they weren't doing well on it I would change it of course. We'll see how it goes.

Toadfly - no need to be guilty, you feed them as good a food as you can (and Skinners is very good by comparison to a lot including some that are a lot more expensive) and you do lots of supplemental feeding which is really important. I fed Skinners because it was the best I can afford - I have room to rejig my budget to feed TOTW now but if circumstances changed I would have no problem going back to Skinners - my two are in great shape on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Don't see that one with joint aid on the skinners website. anyone know what it adds and is it too much to give to a dog with already healthy bones.

Anyone have any joy since with the subscribe and save?

Or indeed any new alternatives found?

Went ahead and ordered this one on subscribe and save.Euro price I got billed was €37.46

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004P89QGW/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Got delivery.Have some duck left.Will let you guys know how this turkey goes.

This might help anyone close to Jollies pet store.I was in the one in Derry at the weekend and they had Duck and Rice for €27.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 collyb1

Hi guys, i always buy dog food off amazon, use to buy wafcol, last week i switched to skinners i had no problem getting it delivered, my dogs loved the food and i went to order another bag and said it cannot be delivered to my address. i contacted amazon to see what the problem was, they said that certain products are restricted on being delivered to ireland. so i then set up s&s for 2 bags of skinners and it seems that i can have it delivered that way..

Hi. On foot of the last post I went back into amazon uk and was able to subscribe to monthly shipments of one bag of the cheaper subscribe and save option that we all loved. Thanks OP.

This one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003EGMHL2/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_primg#productDetails

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi. On foot of the last post I went back into amazon uk and was able to subscribe to monthly shipments of one bag of the cheaper subscribe and save option that we all loved. Thanks OP.

This one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003EGMHL2/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_primg#productDetails

Amazing! Thanks a mil :)
    I just sign signed up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Wondering did anyone find out why Amazon stopped delivering this food in the first place?

Just if I started getting it are they likely to stop again?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

We were able to order Skinners again via Amazon on the subscribe and save.

Think its £20 a bag while not as good value as it was before the exchange rate when mental its still a very good buy.

Advertisement